Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

You have not yet unlocked the ability to use combat decks

Discussion in 'Release 40 Bug Forum' started by Khazar, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khazar

Khazar Avatar

Hello,

i'm getting the message
    "You have not yet unlocked the ability to use combat decks"

I deleted my character 2 days ago. The old character was able to use decks, the new one don't.

cheers

2. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Greetings @Khazar

This is part of the new player experience. Some of the more advanced combat options are confusing to newer players so they are now brought in slowly. A Skill Trainer can unlock this ability for you.

3. Khazar

Khazar Avatar

Oh sorry :) Thank you!

4. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I'm not sure it's really beneficial to new players to have to go to the trainer to turn on UI elements that they obviously know about. If you guys are popping up a popup, make the popup read "custom combat decks are complex and, if configured poorly, can harm your performance. Are you sure you're ready? Yes/No"

jammaplaya likes this.
  5. Whatelse73

Whatelse73 Avatar

Do you need to use a trainer to get the utility bar to show up? Because I can't get mine to show. I see the combat bar, I have utility skills, but no utility bar.

6. Whatelse73

Whatelse73 Avatar

Just went back to the trainer, even talked to her and to the other guy and nothing. Still no visible utility bar. I figured I'd give playing a try since I haven't for a while to see how things are going. I can't even get past the intro pond because I can't see the utility bar to drag the fishing skill to it so I can fish. Seems like that would be something fairly important to check for before release.

You might need to add a few more tooltips in on the starter areas so we know what we're supposed to be doing? I'd recommend having a key bind to the utility bar so if we can't see it, you can press a button to make it show up. (Interface options does nothing. I've tried turning all those options on and off. I can see the combat bar, but no utility bar.)

7. Whatelse73

Whatelse73 Avatar

So here's what you have to do. You have to talk to ONE trainer (the combat skills one) about "advanced training" and THEN talk to the CRAFTING trainer about learning how to fish. It might be a good idea for you peeps to have BOTH trainers in the New area give the ability to have a utility bar? Just a thought, that way we don't get frustrated about something like that.

Still buggy as far as I'm concerned since you aren't given any indication of how to go about GETTING the utility bar to work. It is one thing to teach people so the learn about it, but if you don't tell them where the school is, how do they get to school to learn about it?

Tiina Onir likes this.
  8. SynthMusic

SynthMusic Avatar

Darn right.... and get this its not beneficial at all when it is buggy because I have unlocked my combat deck. I recently trained in a new item then when I went to press y key for the combat deck editor I get this message "you have not yet unlock the combat deck." Now I have no clue how to fix this and the only way to activate the new skill is from the command line in the chat box. No joy.

Tiina Onir likes this.
  9. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

O.O

You can activate skills from the chat box? I didn't know that... that's awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.