where is everyone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brink1123, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

hello all, where is everyone i am only seeing like 5 people in game, is there a reason i am hardly seeing anyone.

The Obsidian Eye likes this.
  2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I'm always in the mines... mining... :D also, 30 people in my friends list are currently online... ^^

3. Casey McCormick

Casey McCormick Avatar

I play 95% of the time in Single player online (SPO) mode because I'm farming for resources and the best way to do that is SPO (so there's no resource sharing with anyone)

StarLord and Blackghost like this.
  4. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

Even in Spo, you would appear online to someone's friends list.

The player base is extremely tiny. I haven't heard of an actual in game player count stated in many many releases.
    If we eliminate players running 2/3 accounts. Id guess there is around a 700 playerbase.

Salix, Ice Queen and The Obsidian Eye like this.
  5. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I still see a lot of people playing every day since persistance. And I'm not playing in prime time most of the times.

Would be nice to see more people running around all places, agree on that.

StarLord likes this.
  6. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Can you quantify 'a lot' so that we have some perspective?

3devious and Ice Queen like this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

I saw about max 17 on my list online at the same time today; but, yes, more on my list that are offline than online. I think I'll see more online during the weekend, though. I'm playing FPO/SPO, but maybe about once a day, I notice someone coming into the scene I'm hunting in. Don't actually see them, but I can tell because my spawn rate slows down. If I exit, and log into the same scene MPO, they're there.

The Obsidian Eye likes this.
  8. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I only really have friends that have friended me as I don't go around adding everyone I walk past - but I just counted online players in my friendslist and there were over 100.

I don't think a friends list is a great metric for measuring activity however.

9. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Id be willing to bet the unique non duplicate accounts.. your probly around 1000 give or take. Id honestly be amazed if there was more people on daily then that.

I could be wrong. I mean any given time i got 10-20 in the guild on. usually 25-30 on friends list..

but yea ive no idea the actual community that logs in daily.

10. Ajacied1987

Ajacied1987 Avatar

11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I'm in Amsterdam having a good time with my daughter ;)

Just steer my longboat back to Gladsheim in an hour.

12. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

That's actually very good. I have been in many mmo's over the years and in guilds and getting 10-20 on at once is no mean feat actually. Dependant on size of guild of course. My friends list, usually has around 40-75% or so on in prime time which i think is very good, i think if u like the game u play it, if u don't, well u don't!

fonsvitae likes this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello Brink. I see a lot of people online when I'm playing. They are always scattered throughout the scenes. Some are single player online or friends modes and those would not be seen unless you were with them in friends online party perhaps. Any time you can add me to your friends. :) The more friends on your list the more people you know are online. I see so many new people I don't know and of course I only see them if I run into them in my travels. Even if they are on Friends on line and you are on multi you will see peoples names if they are online and on your friends list, same way with single player.

14. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

Visually, there are many reasons, which grieves me to repeat. I liked to think some of it will end when there are no more loading frames. I have a hunch you will never see from the overworld groups fight from a distance. such as, running by a champ spawn and see groups fighting. the closest thing you might see is a control point, where you do really get to participate much. also, I see a big fall off after 3am -till 10am est.

15. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

Well personally I haven't logged in for month, still checking board for some huge changes that will make me want to play again without any good news so far. But of you look at the numbers at steam it do not look that good for SotA: http://steamcharts.com/app/326160

16. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

Pretty easy to figure out a rough number. Steamcharts 30 day average is 160 players, and Chris has stated in another forum that Steam is only 20% of active players.

So if you want to be EXTREMELY generous and bump it up to an average of 200 players on steam (which rarely if ever actually happens but lets give them that), and if you want to take Chris' word that only 20% of people are on steam (again... not at all likely to be that low given how much easier steam is to use and patch and everything), then you get an active playerbase of around 1000 players.

Not a huge community, especially if you take out the alts of people that have multiple accounts. But it is holding steady around that number for awhile now so that's good. With the 2 free trials done now and now real upswing in numbers it is a bit alarming, but I'm sure they have a better advertising campaign planned for closer to launch so we will wait and see if that draws anyone in or not.

17. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

I conducted some multivariate data analysis on the population of SOTA using a very complicated algorithm and the results were:

Approximately 1000 active accounts in SOTA.

You are reading this on the Internet, so it must be true.

(Not bad for an MMO still in development.)

My prediction, those numbers will continue to increase with slight decreases due to the severity nerfs.

Chatele, helomech and King Robert like this.
  18. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I usually don't spend my time counting the players I see while playing, but I would say enough people to see new faces every week.

19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Sorry you're not playing. I actually don't play on Steam. I joined the game before there was steam access am fine with out it ;). Hopefully one day you'll play again soon. Lots of changes in the last few releases but someone has to test them out. Taming is getting love lately and Chris is continuously tweaking, altho not sure what he did to the fists grrrr lol *sighs* ;) *cheers*

20. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I know a lot of folks would play in deep ravenswood before it was changed and there was frequent pvp there but then the zone was changed and the pvp seemed to drop off. Starting to see some folks come back though.. not sure if it was R40 but there seems to be more ferocious spiders. And there's an area for obsidian bears and wolves.

Also I'd eventually like to see more entrances to PvP zones within the PvE zones...that way it still gives players the option to engage in pvp but they don't need their pvp flag always turned on. using the entrances would be optional but might be a short cut to another location.

Alexander likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.