Four Years (or, Why free passes re: development have to stop)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Canterbury, Mar 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

The fourth point just made me laughing :D o_O

2. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

It's almost like the team lost the list after Kickstarter ended, with the way some of the core stuff that was promised just isn't there. The fourth point is a great case in point, indeed. Likely someone will deny it, though.

3. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

LB has recently come on the forums and reassured the community that he is completely on top of the single player and questing aspects of SotA.

I believe him.

So, I wait, giving input occasionally (whether its wanted or not ;p ) and hoping it happens by the end of this year. I think that should be possible.

Cordelayne, chuck5086 and Canterbury like this.
  4. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I pledged when the 2 mio goal was achieved... it never made it into the game I guess.

5. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

One of the problems with Kickstarter, and thus is often true of any type of product. Is that they outline the intended, or expected features but often in development things just don't end up working right.

6. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Like overselling on POTs for example? ;)

Cordelayne likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

[​IMG]

Not $2,000,000.

8. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

They checked it. Before the KS was complete you could pledge on the site as well. Thats why the goal was checked. L2R.

Vagabond Sam and Ice Queen like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I assume that when it came time to collect the money, enough of it was not available to lower the total below 2 mil.

10. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

True but then you should tell the community about this and not pretend nothing happened when the game suddenly plays like a generic MMO although it was announced that it would not be a massively multiplayer game and people are waiting four years for a playable single-player experience.

11. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Haven't they already specified what are or will be included in episode 1 on the roadmap thread since last year?

12. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

The complete main story is designed for level grinding.
    Very soonish, the main story leads you to Areas that will rip you apart as an noobie, so you have to level grind.
    There are ZERO quests/sidequest/long-term-goals/things etc. to do on the path, so all you can do is grind grind and again grind to continue with the main-story.
    Once you managed to complete the main-story you can just continue to grind since there are ZERO quests/sidequest/long-term-goals/things etc. to do.

Very very bad design imo.

The ultra bad Performance of the Game pisses me off by now.
    Constant stutters, hitching while fighting just seriously annoys the s... out of me by now.
    + many other things.

This late in development with so many already ready to use tools (Unity, Photon, GUI Add-On and other Add-Ons from Unity Store + many other Assets) you would think after 4 years basic stuff like Alliances/skills/crafting/combat/loot/quests/PVP/Guild Wars/Balance would be somewhat near to complete by now.
    But we are not even close...
    They work on stuff currently i just can't agree with, too much work is wasted on eye-candy/danceparty stuff.
    They try to balance things now while the Perfomance of the client still totally sucks.

Most of the stuff Chris currently works on i just totally don't agree with, the game will get ultra bad reputation/reviews/votes if the Client stutters/lags/hitches just everywhere, no matter how well you balance things. Sure, balance is important, but if your game runs like crap and if your game has boring/grindy gameplay only, nobody really cares about balance and about your game as a whole in the long run...

I had patience for far too long...

This post will just get deleted anyway or the thread will get locked since it is just too negative...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  13. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Too negative?
    Saying the truth can hurt, but it need to be said, as you did.

Of course, Chris won't admit anything you said.
    However, be sure that we are the one who will have the last word.
    With our wallet.
    If the game is broken, because they didn't listen to us. Well.. At that point, they might understand our points.

14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Dont forget that they keep forcing people into one class to do any kind of end game content.

GrayFog likes this.
  15. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Personally, I think this was what caused the game to get derailed. :(

I'm not hating on those who bought POTs, but the devs DEFINITELY did not realize how many people would buy into that "market". Once they did, the whole focus shifted to selling more (i.e. town access POTs) and then their build out. Which as we all know is/was extremely time consuming.

Xandra7, mass, Addison and 4 others like this.
  16. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

He does have a point. I'm looking at the original kickstarter and was stunned to see that statement in there. Three times!

17. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I was in the market for my own POT. Until they ran out of overland access cities that is.

If things do work out, perhaps I'll get one in EP2. Perhaps...

18. Addison

Addison Avatar

*Sigh* At this point, I feel like this project is just a runaway train heading for disaster. How anyone can legitimately argue this game isn't Grind of the Avatar I have no idea. The mining "adjustments" being implemented are just insane. What ever happened to a "virtual world more interactive than U7"? Unless the constant grinding is supposed to be the interactive part! :(

19. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Unless you plan on buying a POT from another player with the size that have all the NPCs you need to keep the town running, having a nested POT isn't that bad if you nest it with the big town. For instance, if you have a holdfast, which only have up to 2 npc vendors, you will be very limited on what you offer to your town folks. However, if you have a biome that can nest your town right by Central Brittany Dock (where you would have direct access to public vendor and a ship straight to Kingsport) or wagon/balloon to Brittany Estate/Resolute, which has a vendor paying loot at highest price. You could also now leave to Overland directly via a wagon/balloon/boat, so it isn't much different from Overland POT in that perspective. The only thing that you can't have would be the sieges.

Dirk Hammerstrike likes this.
  20. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

No they just got Darkstarr on board, the game design pivoted dramatically when that happened.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.