New "House" deeds

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Graynight, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

So, I start this with the usual "I wish".

I wish for house deeds that directly impact crafting.

In history, land was developed and used for agriculture. Plots of forested land were claimed (or given by the crown) to those who owned mills for the purpose of supplying cut wood to people. Miners could stake claims on entire mountainsides so that they could reap the benefits. People owned ranches and farms that catered to animals.

Why not here?

Why not have a "house" deed that is nothing but a forest of trees that the owner can chop down?

Why not have a "house" deed that is a mine? Or a ranch you can raise cattle (or chickens, or sheep, or whatever). Breed them, slaughter them, make leather, get eggs, sheer wool.

As far as the Forest and Mines go, you could make "Claims" (In-game purchasable item). The forest or Mine could run for a week (Similar to Obsidian Potions), then peter out. Purchase another one to continue. You can make them in different sizes (based on the lot deeds).

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I don't think you need a deed to do this. They talked about having harvestable items that spawn creatures (and requires a PvP flag to do(. I don't know why they couldn't do the same with harvestable nodes. Some obsidian infused ore, ancient reaper wood, etc, that spawns 8 nodes nearby which can be harvested by players flagged to use objects on the property. Seems a natural extension of that system.

3. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

Huh... Hadn't heard about that.

Honestly, I just think this would be a cool idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.