Do you have questions for Lord British and the Dev Team? ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FireLotus, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReleeSquirrel

ReleeSquirrel Avatar

1. Will there be player races, or just humans? In particular, will there be furries?

2. Everyone wants Iolo's music; is there a chance he'll do any writing? I loved Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Please tell him so.

3. Are you really selling Britannia Manor and moving to New York? I heard that rumor, but one of the Kickstarter tiers is a tour! Also, can I send fan-mail to Britannia Manor, or is there another address Mr. GdC prefers?

4. What class was your Lord British D&D character?

5. Why did you really switch from the Rainbows and Unicorns Tabula Rasa to the Space Marines Tabula Rasa? The earlier one sounded like the best thing ever, but they say you switched 'cause nobody played male characters. Is that true?

2. bobflo

bobflo Avatar

Will the game be translated in foreign languages ? (sorry if this question has already been answered, but couldn't find any hint concerning this topic yet).

I've put some efforts to translate the kiskstarter page on french forum, but can i indicate the readers that the game will be available to them in their native language ?

Greetings.

3. Tyrael

Tyrael Avatar

Is there any chance that First Responders will be surprised with a unique title in-game for being some of the first people to support the game?

4. bawb

bawb Avatar

beta? i promise not to kill you... :p

5. Velinestra

Velinestra Avatar

I'm a bit confused by this statement "Some parts of the main storyline quests may temporarily force the player into SPO mode for some parts of the quest." referenced in Update #10 in Single-Player Online mode. Does this mean Single-Player Online mode will switch to Offline mode or vice versa or something else?

6. Dodger

Dodger Avatar

+1 to bobflo. Are translations planned, especially in french ?

A propos bobflo, de quel forum parles-tu ? Une communaut? francophone autour de Shroud of the Avatar pourrait d?j? commencer ? se rassembler !

7. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

CONVERSATIONS WITH NPCS: How will this work? Will it be the actual words I see that I say -- not 'voiced', I'm guessing -- or will it be an attitude paraphrase of what choice I make in my answer? [I'm thinking of Dragon Age:2, for example] Will conversation choices change in groups? [Thinking of SW:TOR, for example] If so, I'm guessing it will not change my 'karma' if the person who gets the 'roll' to answer says something different than I would choose.

Thanks for your time. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  8. bobflo

bobflo Avatar

@Dodger : http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/JeuxVideo/PC/unique-shroud-avatar-sujet_174743_1.htm

pas vraiment un site d?di?... mais j'ai tent? de rameuter des troupes ^^

In English : not a real dedicated web site, just tried to bring in more troops to the kickstarter campaign ;)

9. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

CHARACTER CREATION: Please will you give us sliders and colors and hair length for shapes of bodies, faces, head and -- for the men, facial hair? Thanks! :)

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Lord Ulysses

Lord Ulysses Avatar

Please go into more detail regarding the characters per account...

i make one character as a crafter at the start but i then couldnt have a tamer/warrior etc..?

or will it be like i create a unique name and can have say 5 chars with the same name but each can have its own skill layout? making a much more social community.

11. Owain

Owain Avatar

As it is, only 1 char (maybe 2 if you count the Single Player Offline mode). If everyone has a stable of crafting mules, there is less social community, not more, since you never need to actually get out in the world and become social.

12. Lord Ulysses

Lord Ulysses Avatar

Okay maybe more of a recognisable community over time because everyone would be playing a character with the same name always, instead of like in ultima you had up to 7 completely different characters all with different names,if someone changed character you wouldnt know who they where. but this way if someone changed character they still have the same name and you?d eventually start to recognise players for there name

13. XiDragon

XiDragon Avatar

Will we be able to pledge for the Kickstarter rewards after the Kickstarter project has ended?

14. Lord Bruce

Lord Bruce Avatar

Will there be some sort of a legal system; by this I mean formal law enforcement and judicial and/or bounty and vigilantly systems. If yes, please elaborate.

15. silverserpent

silverserpent Avatar

Hello:

Is there going to be different modes of travel like horses, wagons, llamas, boats, rafts?

Thanks.

SilverSerpent

16. Owain

Owain Avatar

As an expansion, but probably not on initial release.

17. Lord Bruce

Lord Bruce Avatar

With the Shroud of the Avatar Kick Starter campaign still open for several more days, are there any advantages or drawbacks at either site to pledging through Kick Starter over doing so directly through this SOTA site?

18. Maximusas

Maximusas Avatar

Hi, I recently upgraded to the $80 tier and believe it is quite clear that you get all the rewards from all the previous that fall under the tier you are on. I have 3 questions though as am toying with the idea of upping my pledges:
    1. For the $100 virtual collector tier, should this tier not include a digital copy of the map or just the runic print and manual? As I understand it is to be a complete representation of the game and materials in digital form
    2. For the $125 Explorer tier. Would you consider adding a physical copy of the runic print that is in the $150 tier. I really fancy it along with the map, but as I live in be UK, I am having to pay the extra $15 shipping which puts the $150 tier out of my price range.
    3. Regarding international shipping. What steps if any are you taking to ensure we backers in the UK and further afield do not get lumbered with additional import taxes? I seems anytime I order something from the US, this happens as the item has not been marked as a "GIFT" with a value under ?40 GBP. Are you able to do something similar?

19. ReleeSquirrel

ReleeSquirrel Avatar

I've been thinking about it, and there's another something I'd like to ask LB about.

Please tell us more about the Aborted Tabula Rasas!

I've heard that there was a Tabula Rasa in development where you fought against manifestations of depression using manifested passion, and you would fight monsters with things like musical instruments and giant paint brushes. They said it was the 'rainbow and unicorn' phase of Tabula Rasa's development, but that it was ultimately canned when they noticed nobody was playing male characters; it was too biased on the female side. Is that true? It always sounded like the best thing ever, to me. If that was really real, how much of it was LB's design? It seems so much different from his history of traditional fantasy and sci-fi.

LB has said a few times in videos recently that Tabula Rasa was rebooted three times. If the Space Marines final incarnation is one and the Rainbows and Unicorns incarnation is another, what was the third?

20. Maximusas

Maximusas Avatar

or better still add another new tier for those unsure about making the jump from digital to physical tiers as I thought the $80 tier was a stroke of genius. Perhaps a $130-140 tier that includes everything from explorer tier + physical runic translation and the complete vision of the game ie. also include digital copies of episodes 4 and 5 with beta access and developer blog across all releases. I think this might help with the stagnant level of backing over the past few days. It's looking less likely that those of us in $80 tier or above will get he taming ability which is a bit of a disappointment. How about perhaps swapping the taming or instruments around or perhaps offer an instrument instead that has the ability to charm creatures and beasts to do your biding. Also whatever happened to the iPad port that RG was talking about in video interviews on SotA website? I think as great as the tiers are, something needs to be done to re-invigorate the pledges. I can't see too many more new backers joining the fun. It's more likely current pledgers will be the ones that can potentially rise the bar. Just a thought!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.