A post from an autist SotA player :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sakarisei, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sakarisei

Sakarisei Avatar

Well, this post is made with much effort, not because I'm not able to write perfectly in english for making my posts understandable. It's because telling the following thing that I'll write here is very hard to admit it in public forums...

One of the things that I'd like to tell here is if I've bought the Autist Cloak is not because I really want that cloak. It's because I'm partially an autist, but not totally. It's more, I've got Asperger's, which is a variation of the autism spectrum disorder. Having it is not the meaning of being stupid or not being able to do nothing since not all people who are autist have got the same level of autism, and not all autists react equally.

However, although I'm in an association with specialized psychologists for basically autist people, I'll put here the reasons that I've bought the Autist Cloak.

In first place, one of the things that I wouldn't like to see is autist boys or teenagers suffering from the society which we're leaving since, unafortunately there are many **** people who consider them useless since they are "different", attacking them for being "better" than them in all aspects.
    In second place, although I know there are associations in USA (I'm from Spain if anyone is asking me about it), one of the things that I prefer is autist people with basically no luck to having others to understand their issues.
    In third place, since I like this game and the intentions of Lord British wiht the autist people, I'd like to support the special announce made for autist people.

[​IMG]

And well, if anyone thinks autist cannot do much in this game, I'll show you a pic from my bank, with basically more than 200 Obsidian Ingots and some Obsidian Sheet for showing you the progress of making a 2/2 Obsidian armor in basically all parts in the set.

[​IMG]

Greetings guys, and thanks for reading it! Live SotA! Live The BEARS guild! Live FURIA guild! Live Rada! Oh... and specially, Live Chaos Magic! and Live Lord British!

2. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Be welcome and thank you for sharing your triumphs! May your time at the forge be prosperous to you and your fellow guild mates and friends.

Hornpipe, Mortanius, Rinaldi and 5 others like this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

No cause to be ashamed Dude.
    I allways thought every human beeing is worth the time to live and share thoughts with.
    Even with those who do creepy things, things i disagree or things i maybe dislike. I dont want to judge (whats of course not an easy task) anybody.
    I worked 15 years as a male nurse and Operations Assistent and many people with handicaps were interesting and worthwhile people to talk as they often teach you to always be ready to change perspective.

4. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I'm very proud of you, my friend.

Also glad to have you being part of Furia, our guild, and this community. You have been very brave taking this step @Sakarisei "Felcon", I applaud you.

This is a great example of someone following some real virtues!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Kudos for being brave and speaking up about this. We need more such voices.

I'd say that in a community revolving around a computer game with a nostalgia theme and a competitive element then there is going to be a much larger non-neurotypical percentage here.
    As such I'd solidly state that there are at the very least half a dozen of aspergers here already although typically undiagnosed since they are from an older demographic.

6. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Congrats on your obsidian cache, and thank you for your membership in our community!

7. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

What a great story, thank you for sharing your experience and outlook. It is great to have you in the community. Long live Lord British, indeed!!!

8. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

Thank you so much for posting this! We're so happy to have you in the community!

9. Vas Corp Por

Vas Corp Por Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Great post! If you ever need a guard at the forge when you get around to crafting that obsidian let me know =)

10. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Welcome Brother! Hope to see you along the road during your adventures. Always a cold mug of brew at my house waiting for ya!

11. dallas

dallas Co-Founder Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Sakarisei,

I have great admiration and respect for your courage in sharing the thoughts and feelings that you said were hard to admit it in public forums. You are a shining example to all of us, and it is we who are honored to have you as a member of the SotA community.

Appreciatively,
    dallas

12. Scrambler

Scrambler Developer Emeritus

I'm super excited that you enjoy the game. My son is autistic too. It makes me happy knowing you are enjoying the game! Awesome!

13. Serena Strangelove

Serena Strangelove Avatar

Really glad to be sharing this wonderful world with you! Speaking as one avatar to another :cool::D:)

May our paths cross and may we slay dragons together!

14. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Thank you for sharing. You just gave me a subject to bring up at our church group tomorrow night. I have a friend who has a school for the autistic. I am going to copy and forward your post to her with your permission.

15. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Congrats on your success Sakarisei. The puzzle tree cloak is one of my favorite cloaks and players will almost always see me wearing it while I am out adventuring. I was also very happy that Portalarium was donating money to this worthy cause. I am fully autistic and find SOTA to be a very entertaining way to be more social and connected with people I would not normally reach out to. There are many ASD players and supporters throughout the game. We are generally just as capable as any group of players though we may have different ideas and ways of thinking through situations. I run a large guild called Organized Chaos along with two cities. I also am involved in role play and events throughout SOTA. I have many friends in the Bear Tavern alliance and you may see me on Sundays at the dungeon crawl. I am also one of the Magistrates at the Court of Beran's Reach. Hope to see you around SOTA and good luck on your adventures.

16. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Thanks for sharing your story, this is exactly what autism awareness month needs :)

17. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

I've been hunting with you multiple times on our Sunday afternoon/evening pub crawls, you play with the very best against the toughest bosses and you hold your own.

Well done for sharing your story, I admire your courage.

Thank you for sharing

18. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

Well said, Sakarisei. Hope to see you in game!

19. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Thank you for sharing Your story @Sakarisei. Kudos for being such a brave.

20. Hellscream

Hellscream Avatar

Trully an honor to serve with you at Furia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.