Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Environment Redrawing with Errors in Zones

Discussion in 'Release 41 Bug Forum' started by Arcadeguy, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

1.) Environment Redrawing with Errors in Zones
    2.) After some time in zone, 100%
    3.) Blocker: No
    4.) I've been in Serpent's Spine Foothills, Serpent's Spine Mines, New Britannian Market, Spectral Foothills & Spectral Mines and after a minute or two in zone I get flashes around the screen as stuff redraws with incorrect images. A house appears on a sidewalk that isn't there then blinks away, trees redraw into boulders, red squares on the floor. Only small sections of the screen and sometimes many sections at once... It just flashes in and out, then resets to the correct stuff. Doesn't happen on the world map.
    5.) Walk around in the zones listed above and probably most others as well.
    6.) Dell OptiPlex 9020 with AMD RADEON R7 250 running Windows 7.1

2. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Bug Entered. Thank you for reporting. :)

3. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@Arcadeguy We're not able to reproduce this internally, but it could be an issue with your video card. Could you first make sure your drivers are up-to-date?

If it's still happening, could you grab some screenshots, and give us the location coordinates by typing "/loc" in chat?

4. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

Hi @Serafina , I'm not getting the same thing on my main gaming computer so the video card does seem to be the suspect, although it was fine 5 minutes before the patch. I'll play with it tomorrow and advise.

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Additionally, you might attempt a full reinstall of the client to see if that might fix the issue, if it's a corrupt installation. Good luck on the hunt!

6. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

Had no luck with screenshots, it wouldn't capture the effects oddly enough. So I took a movie then a picture of a paused frame for the fun while in New Britannian Market at -16.6, 38.0, 27.4 just to show the crazy stuff. Program is not closing correctly and vendors won't say goodbye without hitting escape key so I'm thinking Attenwood is on-track with corrupt installation. So I'll do the full un-install next... :-(
    [​IMG]

7. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

Did a full un-install and re-installed off the SOTA website (Not Steam linked) and still have same thing happening on my Dell OptiPlex (home gaming system was fine with patch). Still getting multiple flashes around the screen as stuff redraws every couple of seconds. I did have issues during patching where it stopped and said it can't connect to update server and retrying did not succeed. Had to close update patcher and re-start. This was after the 1st part which was 111 or something like that, then when restarted it was at 0 to 593 if I remember right. SOTA is crashing when I quit, Windows 7.1 is popping up a message saying SOTA isn't closing correctly and Windows is checking for solutions. I checked my video drivers and they are current. Any further suggestions appreciated @Serafina & @Attenwood . Thank you kindly for the help.

8. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

Tried another full un-install and re-install today... No effect although the re-install went without a hitch this time.
    More info on system: Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, Intel i7-4790 @ 3.60 GHz with 8 GB RAM with AMD Radeon R7 250 graphics card.
    Here's an interesting thing I saw today, a fixed graphic bug versus the constant flashing and redrawing around me. The sails on the teleport boats in port all have roofs over them or something, this was constant. The game is still crashing when closing, it's doing the 20 second count down then a Windows message pops up with Shroud of the Avatar has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution. Sometimes after that point the computer freezes up and I have to hold down the power button to manually power it down, screen freezes. I also tried rebooting once after the game crash closing and it hung up and had to be manually shut down as well. Picture taken in New Britannian Market at -16.6, 38.0, 27.4 location. On another note, I get none of the effect on the world map or when I go through Eastreach Gap. It's particularly bad in Spectral Mines and in New Britannian Market. This again all started at R41.
    [​IMG]

9. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

I checked the AMD website for drivers and there was a May 4, 2017 driver released, Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.4 is the name. I downloaded that today and now I only get a pink box in the launcher, program no longer runs on this computer. I'll try to roll back to the old driver and continue to run with the glitches.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.