Official Housing Tax Rates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thexedor Markhamm, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deonast

deonast Avatar

Thanks Nick, most generous offer. I actually have a ROW from my original backing but got tempted by a Village house. I guess I'm half way there if I log in regularly with the oracle. I shouldn't complain really. Guess if I really had been inclined I should have backed higher originally, but only had so much money to go around. I probably just should get a bit more adventurous as others have noted and find a better drop area.

Nick likes this.
  2. deonast

deonast Avatar

Nice suggestions. I'd not thought about buying COTO for in game gold, that could save some grinding right there.

--------
    Starting to wonder if I really should outlay for a village lot and house. From the store it would cost me US $265 with current specials and in Australian money that is around AUD $360 and that goes a fair way in the real world. I may be confusing want with need.

3. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Man I went back and looked at hourly gold rates numbers and laughed my ass off. 2000g/hr at low levels... me thinks people need to start a new untwinked character... at low levels there was no way I could pull those numbers. Granted that is easy now... but back then as a new player? NOPE!

I started in October, and I'm what most would consider hardcore... I don't think the average player will be able to afford anything other than a row, and that will be a stretch.

zyxe and deonast like this.
  4. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

IMO housing costs in SotA are not affordable for casual players with limited time to play as even at the row level players have to pay 500 gp every Earth day which comes to approximately 15000 gp on average every Earth month. That's a crazy amount of gold for only one month of housing considering the average US mortgage is $1500 a month, not a day, a month. Yeah I know you can get 500 gp from the Oracle every day, but there are many days as a casual player I don't play, after all I have to deal with the real world. Plus, when I do play I don't have the time nor the wish to visit the Oracle as I am adventuring, and I am no where near an Oracle. Heck, I don't even know how to figure out whether or not a town on the overworld has an Oracle in it which makes visiting the Oracle even harder when I'm traveling across Novia and decide to visit her, as I have to visit 5 or so empty POTs before I find one with her in it.

5. Womby

Womby Avatar

You can always visit the Isle of Ghosts:

[​IMG]

Stahlknecht and deonast like this.
  6. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Whyte Roc has two....

[​IMG]

Stahlknecht and deonast like this.
  7. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Originally city lots where ment for a guild or more than a single person.

The taxed verisons

Stahlknecht, Stundorn and deonast like this.
  8. deonast

deonast Avatar

Tried to do a quick run through in the early hours of this morning to see if I could find a player vendor that was selling gold COTO for less than the online store. Ended up doing a lot of running around (perhaps not so many on the perennial cost around Adoris where I've kind of based myself). Ended up wasting a bit more time than I should and got to work an hour and a half late (after not waking up), I don't normally get up 7 minutes before the last bus of the morning. Suffice to say that if the game is impacting my real world life just to see if I can pay the land tax, then I probably shouldn't go down this option. For me I don't think it would be healthy to log in each day (and I can't due to other commitments). I know the developers probably think everything revolves around SOA (that's their day job), but I don't think it is healthy for that to be the case for me.

Mykll and Stundorn like this.
  9. Womby

Womby Avatar

I'm sorry that you had such frustration. I agree that family and work should always come before SotA. There are player vendors in Brittany Alleys that sell (and buy) gold COTOs. It's usually mentioned in their title.

Numa and deonast like this.
  10. Nick

Nick Avatar

The main markets for COTOs are near Brittany. But I believe a post in Discord or marketplace will bring the sellers to you. :) You might be able to get a good deal during your lunch hour.

deonast and Womby like this.
  11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

@deonast i feel for you, got the same problems and buyed tax free lots.
    If i had to pay taxes i wouldnt able to play like iplay, but were forced to work on tax to have a financial cushion.
    It is possible if you grind some hours every week, but i disliked it.
    Consider to buy a tax free or grind some hours to get money to pay the tax.
    As you get stronger the Hellebards Bandits become easier and faster to kill and time to grind the money for a week of row tax becomes less.

12. Playbird

Playbird Avatar

i am a newbie playing for 3-4 weeks now - srlsy, what do i make per hour... Maximum 1k... i am a warrior and not even able to go into the graff gem mines after a month - killing low Skeletons is useless

Numa likes this.
  13. Womby

Womby Avatar

When I was leveling up I found that Serpent's Spine Foothills was more generous than that, and had no archers to worry about. That may have changed since then, but a few months ago I was doing all right selling loot I collected there. As for the mines, they are all high-level areas, so I'd concentrate on looting mobs for a while. If you can't handle Serpent's Spine Foothills yet (4 skulls), before that I used to raid a village full of skeletons at the far end of Wynton's Folly in the Hidden Vale. Unfortunately, the loot tables have changed over time, so I don't know whether this advice is still relevant. Good luck, and don't hesitate to message me in-game if you want someone to help out.

14. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

0. This is one heck of a thread to necro-post in
    1. You're not expected to make the money you need from just selling stuff to NPCs
    2. They've nerfed the loot drops a lot in the past year, at least in terms of what can be sold to NPCs
    3. The player economy has been in the swamp for a few months, I have only this past week noticed it pick up and I wonder what changed
    4. Construction zone, they haven't got around to re-tuning the economy
    5. It is possible for new players to advance a lot in just a month if they grind it right, but that's not intended to be normal for everyone. And I hate to say you're doing it wrong, but you probably are doing something wrong. I hope at least you've learned to turn off advancement of skills when they reach 40, because some of those innate skills can really suck down XP that you need for other stuff when they get to 60+.
    EDIT: 6. and don't forget the 500/day oraclebux

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Two bandit ecounters and you got the money for 1 day for a row lot.

That being said:

[​IMG]

16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

+1 this. In my case, I salvaged their weapon drops to make scrap to smelt the ore that I got in the mines... er, before the mines got nerfed a bit.

17. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

The oracle gives 500gp per day and that completely pays your row taxes.

18. Krissa Lox

Krissa Lox Avatar

If you're looking for more of a starter progression while building up skills, you might try South Midmaer Way > Owls Nest Mine > North Naryad Pineyards. Besides the bandits, which can be avoided if the camps are too much at first, the wolves give good money selling their hides to NPC vendors if you're not selling to other players yet. But most money is made selling to other players.

19. senthen

senthen Avatar

I will say this; if I 'could not' buy a tax free lot from the on-line store, I would not have gotten a house... at least not until I was up around lvl 50. On the other hand, the game is plenty fun even if you don't have a house; though I suspect it would pretty much take crafting and what not off the table. On the flip side, if as a newbie you can find a guild / group / person willing to let you lay a trunk down somewhere, you can do a heck of a lot with the bank slots + 300 slots in a chest (waves at Nick :) ).

Numa likes this.
  20. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

There are plenty of us out here who are letting people use a room in our house for storage. For Guildies and Family and friends its free. Also I have a taxed deed thant can be used in an adjacent lot all you have to do is pay the taxes Ill put up a house and a basement. It seems I have more houses than I can shake a stick at :D

Numa, Hunter OfSouls and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.