Why oh why devs... PvP zones and forcing people to go there, idiotic.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Khaza, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

So sad that the devs have to place exclusive mobs in PvP zones, I see no reason except trying to FORCE people into PvP areas. I mean I have problem with getting flagged but I know several persons that refuses to flag. And on the flagging topic, why have it been made so easy to get unflagged? If you chose to go PvP you should also be forced to either wait for a long time to get forgiven, or maybe even be forced to do a quest to get the flag away.

As it is now, the PvP people are the ones that got all the goodies. Bonus exp(have no clue why that was even given). Areas that they alone have access to, unless you flag up yourself. Mobs that they alone have access to, unless you flag up yourself.

So, make a few areas that non-PvPers alone have access to, forcing PvPers to be unflagged for at least 1 week until they can enter. And in those areas have mobs that are only availible there, of which at least 2 should be dropping mountable heads.

I am getting so sick of how developers are giving the PvP people so many bonuses, and just ignoring the non-PvP community.

Just my 2 cents.

(Ok, I am ready for the PvP people to start bantering that they should gain more exp in non-PvP just because they risk so much! Which in my eyes is rediculous.)

2. dopedwizard

dopedwizard Avatar

The problem as always is that if you do not focus on pvp chances are you do not stand a chance in an encounter.

3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Funny thing a few weeks ago the PvP oriented folks were complaining about the opposite.

After playing the game since the end of 2015, I can say that I do not need to venture into PvP zones to progress my character. Also when I do, I don't see anyone there.

With the current player size, the PvP folks would just coordinate to one location and go there rather than wasting time camping the area to find someone to fight.

4. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

And also, make it so the PvP bonus is PvP zone exclusive. I can't see why they should get the bonus exp outside of those zones.

That would also drive the PvP oriented people more into PvP zones if they now wanted the bonus exp. Which in return gives more PvP which should make that community more.

5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

That's not the point, sorry.

PvP is not really just an option and feels less "consensual" than it really is.

This are my old complaints @Khaza
    i made some Month ago when there were a lot of discussions, xp Bonus was implemented an such.
    I want to try to see the pvp scenes as very dangerous pve zones where pk = Obsidian Shard influenced avatar's lurk around abd went mad.
    The problem with this is that you cannot stand any of the desired pvpers because of skill progress and equipment, if you do not focus on pvp at all AND if you are seriously roleplaying leave the path of your authentic character as you cannot compete if you dont 'exploit' the system = min max everything (resistancies) and make a cherrypicking hybrid build that is not longer "your Avatar" from a Roleplay view but only a optimized mechanic Tool.

And those scenes are very important to explore about lore and such.

I would like they remove it, but i doubt that will happen.

Nobodys happy with that, nor the pvpers to what this is less what they want and need to have "meaningfull pvp", neither to the players who dont want to compete with such people.

6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I don't ever go to PvP zones other than occasionally running through Blood Bay and I don't feel like I'm being forced to go there at all. Even if I wanted some piece of loot from those areas, almost everything in the game is tradeable, so I'm not forced to PvP any more than someone who wants crafted gear is forced to gather materials and craft.

I do think it's a bad idea for main quest lines to involve PvP zones though, even if there is a way around.

7. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

To buy something is not the same as to hunt something by yourself (crocodile heads for example just drop in a Shardfall scene).
    I dont want to buy this, i want my rrophies hunted by myself.
    And as a lot of people dont understand.
    A roleplayer like me want to investigate Ruins and Shardfalls because of lore and i have to deal with unlimited power i cannot stand and never will be able to stand. I just can take the risk and hope for some luck to get not catched and ganked. To be competetive i would need to left my path of be the authentic mage that i want to be, for example never touch death and fire magic, never use a shield, a chainmail, 2 wands and such.

8. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

Lets duel for those 2cents

9. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

@Stundorn I am with you fully.

I am a seasoned PvPer from a varity of other MMORPGs, the PvP in SotA is not what PvP should be. And I am afraid it will never be because of the CP abusers which now have 50+ and in some cases 100+ GMs. And the effort Portalarium is doing to make them suffer makes it almost impossible for the casual player since if they die the have to play for a week or more to regain the exp they lost. The people that has 100+ GMs surely looses ALOT of exp from dying, but how often do that happen when they are so strong they can solo bosses?

I have friends that have put the game on ice just because of the penalties from death, since they can't put enough hours into the game...
    The hunt for the top 10% people has to be done by other means. Which brings me to the fact that from what I understand the death penalties will be even more! And that makes me wonder if this game is really for me, and I play quite alot now.

DeadSpider, Cordelayne, Mykll and 8 others like this.
  10. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

Why? I am not a PvPer nowdays... Lets have a competition in crafting instead.

Beno Ledoux and tomcat_de like this.
  11. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Midras Ruin bugs me since it is in the Love Quest. There is a alternate route -
    Kiln Cistern, then Midmaer Passage

Cordelayne, Sir_Michael and Stundorn like this.
  12. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

the vast majority of the pvp community are Adventurers just like yourself and most wont attack someone else who is flagged willy nilly, Some of us actually have respect for other people.

13. dopedwizard

dopedwizard Avatar

Just wondering can you not enter these areas in Friends only mode?

Coffee Pirate and Shade Baneborn like this.
  14. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

yup most won't attack willy nilly but I've had my experience of getting attacked willy nilly... LOL... not complaining... I just don't go to PvP areas anymore... :D

Cordelayne, Mykll, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  15. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Let's seriously stop complaining about what other people are getting and just enjoy the content that is available for the style of play you desire. As Lazlo simply put it anyone has access to the content just as non crafters have access to crafting content through interactions with other players. I spent the last 4 days in pvp zones with pvp happening so what they are doing is working for the pvpers.

Vox Aquila, Stundorn and HogwinHD like this.
  16. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

No you can't go into friends mode in an open pvp area it puts you into MMo mode.

17. dopedwizard

dopedwizard Avatar

Ok good to know. Have not tried any of the pvp zones yet.... I will probably try to go naked lol....

Cordelayne likes this.
  18. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

AFAIK, the shardfalls and the ruins are MPO/PVP only.

Matt Harris likes this.
  19. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

I wish PvPers said the same if they made the zones into PvE zones. :)

Beno Ledoux and Mykll like this.
  20. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

You can wear gear that has no value on it so it is not lootable if you die. Duke Avery has some tips to minimize looting if you die in a PVP zone.

Leelu, Sir_Michael and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.