Why oh why devs... PvP zones and forcing people to go there, idiotic.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Khaza, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

Its only forcing PvP for players who want to go get the trophy on their own. (Or evading PvP, because that certainly is possible to do.)

Which yea, like I said, I have no problem with, because I don't think the game should try to give everything to everyone. You take that argument to its logical end, it also supports complaints that its not fair that fire is weak against fire monsters. And that type of logic would create a bad game in the end. The game shouldn't be designed to be fair, it should be designed to be fun. And that might mean that not everyone gets to have what they want.

Now if you really believe the game would be more fun if you could get this particular trophy in a PvE zone, that's another argument. I don't agree. Not being able to get one trophy on your own without PvP is not a game breaker, and I think its silly to say it is.

fonsvitae, Stundorn and Khaza like this.
  2. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

I can go to PvP zones from time to time, depending on how I feel. And I am not really scared of dying to another player. But it still stresses me up.

Womby and Stundorn like this.
  3. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I have seen excellent fighters in the Wednesday night EVL Virtue League that have very few skill GM's. Having 50-100 skills GM'd does not make a great PVP'er,what makes a great PVP'er is knowing how to use what they have. :)

Grumpy, Stundorn and Khaza like this.
  4. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

It doesn't have to, It can be quite fun with the right group and a little practice.

Stress is tough, believe me I know. I'm 47 and for the first time in my life, I have to deal with high blood pressure (yeah, I know, no big surprise to anyone right?)

The biggest advice I can give you?
    Trust in the Lord,
    Don't sweat the small stuff,
    Have good friends,
    Laugh as much as possible,
    and call on me any time you need help.

:)

fonsvitae and Stundorn like this.
  5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Things happen in the meanwhile @Khaza @Envy

Now lets maybe pick up @Grumpy arguments to make PVP better (value for pvp etc...) at all and that there will be less misery between Pvpers and PvErs?!?!?

And in the meanwhile i go to bed it's late here ;)

Grumpy likes this.
  6. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

I know of people that has like 1-4 GMs that would slaughter me, just because they know how to play their char. And one of them is a dual dagger wielding beast, hehe.

7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

You could always stop your forum PvP and calling people Nazis......that would reduce your stress and would certainly assist in reducing mine!

I could also recommend some non-stress games for you if that helps........I am the caring sort after all.

Grumpy and Stundorn like this.
  8. Ariella Shadowdancer

Ariella Shadowdancer Avatar

So this is a one time change you want? What happens if there is something else you want that is in a pvp zone only.. you want that changed too? I do not want to come across now being a troll or b*t*h.. because I am so not, but just because you have a stress problem, you want to change the game to fit your needs?

fonsvitae, Stundorn and Grumpy like this.
  9. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

I am trying to have as good time as I can, and I laugh alot on TeamSpeak. That is one of the reason I play as much as I do.

fonsvitae and Grumpy like this.
  10. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

They should simply not make items PvP zone specific that is needed in crafting. Let there be artifacts that can only be attaineble in PvP zones for all I care.

Artifacts that gives you bonus on stealth, bonus on pick pocketing, the sort that is or close to PvP specific.

11. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

While on the topic of signatures, yours exceeds the max size as proclomated by @Berek under chapter 237, subsection D, rule 4386.6 of forum law. I'd consider changing it before starting a firestorm over other people's signatures. Those that have been here a while know that it is a banable offense.

Khaza and E n v y like this.
  12. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Thanks Khaza,

With that sort of agreeable nature, we have a path to success. The item(s) themselves can be determined, and could certainly be 'craft-free' from my viewpoint.

The important step is, that you and others realize that there does indeed need to be 'something'. I've always said we could work out the details, if we could just get the pve'rs to get off of the 'NOTHING FOR PVP' band wagon.

Really?

Rofl

Stundorn likes this.
  13. Ariella Shadowdancer

Ariella Shadowdancer Avatar

Look I hear you on the stress and wish that on no one... I am sending good energy your way..

I am a PvEer and adventuring into a PVP zone to get a PvE reward is what I want to do... I do not want to never have a reason not to go into there.. If the only rewards in the PvP zone is PvP stuff then why would I go there?

Grumpy likes this.
  14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Let me dig that one out..........*searches for some time*

"All Signatures must be NO larger than 600 pixels wide x 120 pixels high. Previous was 750 x 150, so it’s an easy down-convert."

I understand the offending signature is 512 x 162......clearly a violation of the policy.

Blake Blackstone likes this.
  15. Womby

Womby Avatar

This is just a suggestion, but maybe they could place items in PVP areas that are really attractive to PVP players, but of no interest to PVE players. Here's a few (possibly tongue in cheek) suggestions:
    1. Sacrificial altar, defended by high level boss. If you can reach the altar, you can place the skull or jawbone of a slain enemy and receive a PVP-specific buff in return (long lasting, like Obsidian potions).
    2. Pool of Invisibility. Defended by high level ghosts. If you can reach and bath in the pool you become invisible (like a ghost) and gain a boost to death magic while in the scene - but you lose all other skill trees. Applies as long as you are in the scene.
    3. The cave of the Werekobold. If you enter this gave and are injured by a defending Werekobold you turn into a Kobold one day of every month. The only cure is to bath in the Pool of Invisibility.

Stundorn, blaquerogue and Grumpy like this.
  16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

ok so what the hell does that have to do with any of this but cause problems??? Under chapter whatever, subsection whatever rule whatever of forum law, Id consider the fact that your posting off topic 1 and being a troll in a thread which also violates portalariums rules! In other words "Dont Lawyer!" especially when your just another supporter of this game and thats it!

Stundorn and Grumpy like this.
  17. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

It is fixed and thanks for pointing it out, and I guess you should continue by telling everyone that has to large signatures about it, and not just to me. :)

Stundorn likes this.
  18. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Whoa. I'm just here to help. I don't like rule breakers. It damages the community.

Stundorn and blaquerogue like this.
  19. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Oh, I do! Trust me I do.

Edit: you are welcome to join me in my quest. Please report all sigs that are too large. A rule abiding community is pertinent in the success of the game.

Stundorn likes this.
  20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

CODE OF CONDUCT - I think we've pretty much covered all of these donts here today!

Do Not...
    1. Directly or indirectly insult (flame), get others to insult someone (flame-bait), or respond in a supportive way to these occurrences. Please send a private message to a forum moderator if there is a concern.

2. Use excessive profanity or vulgar language. Some words may be immediately removed.

3. Post prohibited material, including in one’s signature. Includes:
      • Abnormally disturbing content that is especially unsuitable for those under age 18.
      • Advertisements such as for pharmaceuticals, software or cheap watches, etc.
      • Illegal material (such as Warez, Nudity, etc.), links or discussions of such materials.
    4. Post excessively sensitive topics, including those talking directly about and attempting to debate a Religion, Race, Orientation, or other matters of a political or personal nature.

5. Excessively post topics, threads, or titles designed to grab attention (i.e. clickbait), including repeated petitions or demands for features or actions, especially if we’ve already responded to such topics.

6. Start nonsensical or disparaging topics, excessive replies that do not contribute to the main topic, or re-open topics duplicating locked threads. This includes creating new topics where one already exists (spamming).

7. Make excessive disparaging remarks about (ex-) publishers, studios, titles, or the developers at those companies. We are all friends here!

8. Use anyone's nickname (or variations like ‘Dorkstarr’ or ‘Berekbanhammer’), real name, avatar, and/or signature content (including but not limited to other community members or the development team) as your own. Do not impersonate another.

9. Register multiple accounts to abuse/harass others, and/or for the express reason to circumvent previous moderation or the expectation of future moderation.

10. Try to stop someone posting disparaging remarks by attacking them. It will only inflame the situation. Respond constructively, or let us handle the issue by telling us about it.

11. Promote hate speech or overt bullying in any form, satirical or not. This includes displays of symbols like swastikas, figures like Pepe the Frog, negative religious symbolism, or keywords and indicators of individuals and groups like the use of "********". Do not post and talk about these anywhere in the community or game, or they will be removed and your account potentially suspended.

Discussion of in-game symbolism and text is of course allowed, but must not be used or portrayed outside the context of it's meaning in the game, and must never be used to overtly attack or demean another individual or group.

Stundorn and Grumpy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.