New player question about a specific goal I have

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by technipuffin, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. technipuffin

technipuffin Avatar

Hello all,

I have the goal of making enough coin to buy my own row deed and house to plop on it so that I can experience that content and enjoy decorating. My question is - Is the best way to go about making coin to focus on leveling skills then go to 5skull areas to get the loot from those mobs? Or should I just keep looting my 3skull mobs for profit while slowly leveling skills? Part of my problem is I still don't have much capability to carry tons of loot yet. Still working on that skill.

I'm not looking for a quick way to get coin to get my house, just want to make sure I'm being efficient and not wasting time.

Thanks

Time Lord and firesparx like this.
  2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I bought a lot of things with game gold including a TF Row Lot Deed, Add-on Store Houses, CF Vendors and others... when I started, I spent a lot of time in adventure scenes suited to my level until I was ready to take on the MINES. It will take some work but you'll eventually get there. Goodluck... ^_^

3. technipuffin

technipuffin Avatar

Mines, got it. Thank you! I'll just keep working my way there.

Are Opalis Ruins considered mines? I haven't gone in there because of the pvp tag on it, but it is 3skull.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Shade Baneborn

Shade Baneborn Avatar

Welcome avatar!
    I suggest leveling all along the way, getting the gold where you can - believe it or not there are some 2 skull areas that can provide decent gold from monsters alone.

Other ways that are good is to play the market...find goods at a cheap price from a player vendor and sell them for a markup. Or gather resources (wood etc) and sell them to crafters.

These things will be made MUCH easier by getting a few friends in the game to help or joining a guild (so you can make use of their vendors etc to sell your stuff).

OH! Spend a couple bucks during the telethon. As long as you spend like $5 in the game store you end up getting all kinds of extra free loot that you can sell off too. :D

Hope that helps! Feel free to look me up in game.

Time Lord, technipuffin and Stundorn like this.
  5. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

With PvE i recommend t4 Serpent Spine Foothills. The Hellebards Bandits dropping Hellebards sell goot at Britanny Estates (Blacksmith pays 10 more like the onbe in Soltown, if that hasnt changed plus he's right at the entrance.

You also can sell harvestet Mats at the Public Vendor in Owls. Dont know the prices atm, but rares like beetle carapaces get a good price.
    Same for Silver ord Gold that you can get from encounters too, but not that much and to enter a Mine its maybe too hard.

Think there are better tips like that, but its what i know.

you need to find a balance of killing, gathering and time you need for that. Going into T1/2 Areas killing everything more quick can be as rewarding as fighting a helly Bandit if you need too long for him.
    getting up meahwhile is allways a good idea :)

If you use spells, use the lower tier spells and save reagencies better make a deck that requires none.

7. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

i wont go for GM, go for 80 first, because of decay and because of it isnt worth it to get gold.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. technipuffin

technipuffin Avatar

I hadn't thought of selling harvested materials to public vendors/crafters. I do have quite a few mats saved up but don't feel the need to get into crafting just yet so that might be a good option. Really appreciate all these answers. Helps me figure out what I should be doing to meet my goals. The end game is to get one of those adobe stables and have horses around and about :oops:

9. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Welcome Technipuffin:

Rush to about adv lvl 60 (only took me a few days) and then hit the 5 skull zone Sequenna Collosus. Use it to build more xp and gold. I can farm about 6K gold an hour (even at lvl 60). That does not include other mats that sell pretty good to people. I have seen taxed row deeds for around 200,000. I really does not take long when it comes down to it if you are driven like you sound. You can see a replay of one of my streams which I do a full run:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138444735

The key to making gold is to kill humanoid or undead which drop weps that you can npc vendor sell. If you go into a animal heavy zone (like a forest), your will get significantly less gold but usually get much more craftables and producer xp.

10. technipuffin

technipuffin Avatar

6k gold an hour sounds pretty good compared to what I'm doing now (lol). I'll check out your stream replay to get a better idea - thanks! I'm guessing that having the encumbrance skill up in Tactics helps a lot? So you don't have to make runs to town all the time?

Time Lord likes this.
  11. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

yes!! Very important, for crafting too!!!

if you are a melee class, getting as much str as possible helps. I can carry about 1000 weight now fully buffed with str.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. technipuffin

technipuffin Avatar

Holy cow 1000. If only!! I am melee so will work on that. I can carry just under 200 right now :eek:

Time Lord and Stundorn like this.
  13. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I should be online in a few hours although there is a PVP tourney at 7:30 PM server time. Message me "Starman" and I can try to hook you up with some stuff to help you out, show you our guild Player Owned Town and such.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I mean....

You can pull a good 75-100 silver an hour out of a 1 skull area. That sells for 40-60 per... so theres that.
    If you can handle 3 skulls quickly.. you can generallly do closer to 5-7k by killing bandits and selling their weapons.
    If you can handle 5.. you get a lot more options.. like pulling MORE silver outa mines.. or doing Iron/Tungsten/"Nickel.. which translates to about 6-8k JUST selling the add ons to vendor.. and banking the iron.
    You can run a CP and power farm the first wave... and between the corpsewax and teh heavy hammers you can pull in about 7-12k depending how fast you are...

Personally.. its easier to focuse on adven skill.. so then you hae the options.
    Not to mention with the oracle giving away 500g.. and being able to buy COTOS for about 2000g .. Which trade for 3500g in rent..
    JUST logging in for 4 days pays for a row lot deed..

;)

As someone who has bought numerous deeds for IGG..
    Its easier to do if its your actual GOAL, then people claim. Takes a tad of time and patience, but *shrug * you can easily do it while focusing on adventure skills.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    Jaanelle DeJure and Time Lord like this.
  15. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

side note: you don't NEED to buy a house if you have a row lot deed. it comes with a default house. it's small and plain and you may want to swap it out for something else later and/or add a basement, but not having bought a house won't actually stop you from anything.

16. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

Hail @technipuffin !

Work your attack skills up to level 80 and set them to a "maintain" state, then you can efficiently fight things and use the gained experience points for what you want (training fewer skills at a time is easier than training many). As others have said, fighting humanoids and undead is great for gold, selling the weapons you gain as loot. Fighting easier monsters is more efficient than fighting the ones you find difficult.

I can also recommend reading this guide to creating a good build for yourself.

Feel free to reach out to me in the game if you want some help or just fun partying. I have the same name as here. :)

17. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Sure you can handle Sequanna at 60, I still have Problems at 68, because you hardly can pull them single.
    If they come at me with archers and mages i cannot stand the damage.
    Where is that? o_O

I think I am a no... forbidden car... forbidden lovepanda :D

Well it seems limiting oneself for RP reasons limits you in playing the game very hard.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Owl's Nest Mine had been great a couple of releases ago, but was quite nerfed (rightly).
    I think it is still OK for lower level chars.
    You can mainly get iron and copper ore and sell it at a public vendor e.g. in Owl's Head.
    If you are L60+ (depends on your playstyle) you can go to Elysium Mine and get silver ore

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

@technipuffin Regarding melee skills: I strongly suggest you go with blades tree. It is best melee skill tree by far. Bludgeon is OK, but certainly not as strong as blades. Stay away from polearms, its awful right now. Ranged is very good also.

Both 2h blades and dual-wield blades are viable, but stick with 2hander to start with becuase dual wield requires extra skills in Tactics tree to make it viable.

Lock your active melee skills (the ones that have slottable glyphs like Thrust) at lvl 40 until you get a big focus pool, the higher you lvl an active melee skill the more focus it uses. Feel free to GM the innate melee skills as well as the very first melee skill since that is a simple linear damage increasing skill.

Also remeber to lvl either Life or Death magic skill trees, they are the only way to heal yourself. Life magic good match for heavy armor (heavy armor doesnt increase Life spells fizzle chance), while death favors light armor or using heavy armor chest and cloth pieces everywhere else. (What chest piece you wear determines what type of armor skill tree you can use.)

Finally defense - focus on training/using skills that give you avoidance, its a much better defensive trait for a melee fighter than resistance. There is one avoidance skill in heavy armor tree and one in tactics tree.

20. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Nothings preventing you from running 1 ranged spell for pulling. You often mske it clear your after RP more then efficiency.. so theres a good example of wherr it shows heh.

Theres tons of silver all over the place. But highvale for example has 16 silver nodes in it. Doing a circuit is quite easy.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.