Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Not a bug] New Characters are not getting the utility bar.

Discussion in 'Release 41 Bug Forum' started by Duke William of Serenite, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I see a few new players complaining on the forums. This is a big one.

Ancev likes this.
  2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

This is planned, it was part of R40, new characters have to learn deck building, free attack and the utility bar..

3. Whatelse73

Whatelse73 Avatar

How is that a "plan"? An NPC gives me a task to accomplish (catch a fish) and after I get the skill, I don't have a utility bar to drag the fishing skill to. I've talked to both NPCs and neither tells me about using a UTILITY BAR. So am I supposed to be using ESP to figure out how to activate my utility bar that there is no indication I am supposed to get working? Normally new players get tooltips, or hints, or pop-ups that say, "Hey, here's how you activate your utility bar!" instead of just "hey catch me a fish, that guy over there can train you (even though LT Corliss trains crafting skills, not LT Tilton like the fishing Soldier says - BUG) to do." and then, nothing.

I don't need to be trained how to use a utility bar, but maybe there's some class I missed out on that teaches you how to magically know how to activate the utility bar? I can understand the deck building piece for combat, but yeah, this "plan" pretty much sucks if someone can't start into the game and gets frustrated sitting around trying to figure out how to make the utility bar work.

Just a thought....as far as I'm concerned it IS a bug because your plan doesn't seem to have implemented a "here's how you activate that bar" with NPCs so you can make it work. I guess I'll just go back to mining for worms for a few hundred more hours?

4. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

It is true that Fleta should not give you the "Catch a fish" quest, if you haven't learned the Utility Bar first.
    But you need to post a separate bug report about it.

Edit 5/11/2017 1:07 PM:
    The Conversation System itself is aware, if you have learned the Utility Bar as it saves the "Utility Bar Reward" flag upon learning the Utility Bar from any trainer.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  5. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Yeah I've chatted with a few different players about how they're not sure how to enable the utility bar. I wish the utility bar was enabled by default but accessing the 'advanced techniques' option would enable additional functionality of the utility bar - such as enabling multiple rows of the utility bar.

example:
    row 1 (default) - certain spells, skills and consumables - the way the utility bar currently functions.
    row 2 - potions, food and pets
    row 3 - emotes

6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Ancev I dont disagree for new players who never had it, it would be hard to know you dont have one, or the difference between a combat and utility bar, or how to get either, both up.. this isnt really explained yet, but, the game is still under development, we are playing a game that Port hasnt finished yet, and IMHO the tutorial needs to have an NPC near the dummies who says, things like see that dummy over there, if you click on it and press 1 you will fire a skill at it... congrats... now if you wish we can give you a deck.. press Y add the other skill you had but didnt have on your bar to your bar.. note you can unlock and lock them <insert why here> etc, now use your new second skill... congrats.. nwo using your weapon attack with z, great , now turn off auto attack <heres how> heres how you can use a free attack <insert how> and so on..

it could explain how to use all this - but this doesnt make it a bug, this is what would be great feedback :)

Ancev likes this.
  7. McLovin2

McLovin2 Avatar

Just talked to a visitor player today. Sounds like he liked this game but he said he was missing a toolbar. I'm not sure which one he has missing but he could not equip the fishing glyph. I had no idea they added this new quest and so I wasn't able to help him.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  8. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

If he cant add the glyph to it he had the combat bar which is what new people start with, so then he needs to buy the skill and turn it on and so on

9. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

I have just done a video on the utility bar in solace bridge outskirts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.