The Beauty of Off-line SOTA Play

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Time Lord, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

The Beauty of Off-line SOTA Play :D

So there I was last night stuck with no internet connection because of a local heavy weather storm system near by, which cut my connection :( But this is where our SOTA saved me :D by having the ability to play off-line. So I just turned off my internet router and sparked up our game... err... umm... "my game" because there's no one else playing on my offline version but me :confused::eek: because they're playing their own SOTA when offline ;)

• The first thing about offline play is that it seems to contain a bit less creatures, but not that many less.
    • Another worth mentioning is that POT's (player owned towns) have nothing in them with no place to place any "player owned town lot deeds" and no NPC vendors anywhere in them other than the town crier and banker. (I'm certain that this will change in the future ;)) The only problem it presented to me, is that I kept heading into Wizards Rest where I normally keep my lots and changed my 2 other "place anywhere lots" in Owls Head.
    • The next thing worth mentioning is that COTO ingame purchased items had not been purchased there, as I had done within our online versions (single player online and MMO online). yet the COTO were there that I had purchased for the purchasing of those ingame things, so no loss at all. As a matter of fact I had more COTO that came with my pledge rewards there waiting for me to use them, which I had within the online version traded away to other players.
    • I haven't met any of our "NPC Companions" there offline, and I'm not sure if they are available yet, but I'm just a new character there still, so maybe I won't meet them till later down the questing trail, which becomes a much more important part of the game than on our online.
    • When I booted up the offline game, I had to choose the "Forced Entry" option, but I logged out several times to insure it was saving my progress, and it was.

I Thank Portalarium for having made our SOTA so "internet disconnected friendly" Great SOTA Game Designing Feature ;)!'
    I'd invite any other offline players to share their views of the differences and options of play there o_O...

[​IMG]

~Time Lord~:)

2. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

My view?
    Offline mode plays like an Offline MMORPG which no offline game should ever play like.
    Grinding, constant Monster respawning, no choices with consequences, no sense of achievement... This game plays nothing like a single player RPG in offline mode whereas the offline mode should offer exactly that: a great single-player RPG experience.

3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

what holds me from playing offline is that i buyed my deeds and a lot of stuff in the Player Marketplace and all this stuff wont be available to me offline.
    So offline i have no house, no extras i buyed and i really don´t know why i should play offline other than that my internet connection is broken.
    But if that happens i have plenty of games to play offline.

Ronni, Retlaw and Time Lord like this.
  4. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

We already have one NPC companion whose name is Fiona in Adoris in offline mode game. She is a Bard and is on the Path of Love. In my offline saved game, I already asked her to join my party. She uses a crossbow to fight and will play some nice music whenever she can.

5. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

They have already said that they will enable people to buy Addon store items in offline for IGG, this includes lot deeds And house deeds i assume, So Fear not!

smack, Time Lord and Stundorn like this.
  6. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

I believe the plan is to make the items you bought available to you automatically in offline, they just haven't implemented it yet...at least it was awhile back, I may have missed something if that changed.

7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Going on 3 days now without internet (I'm using my back-up "very slow internet" right now) I'm just happy that SOTA has something like Offline Play ;)~TL~

Solazur, SmokerKGB and Fister Magee like this.
  8. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

What I like about Offline play is how you can edit your savegame file to give yourself any skill level you want. Then you can test and see how those skills work.

9. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Aren't you restricted from using that character in online play now? I thought characters could be transferred from online to off, but not back.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Avatar

So I see you can purchase lot deeds in offline mode now. I was able to claim a castle sized lot in Ardoris. But now can't figure out how to acquire a castle to put on the lot. They sell the basements and some row homes but can't find anywhere how to get the large castle. Is this not available yet?

Time Lord likes this.
  11. smack

smack Avatar

Offline mode will be how I will play the game (the story) primarily, first.

I hope more enhancements to this mode shows up in their Q4 schedule. The Q3 schedule was rather lacking, with only 2 line items for any offline features. That said, they are important features: R45 has combat re-balance, and R46 has spawning rule changes.

12. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

@smack I'm curious about combat re-balances and spawning changes, are there any specifics you could link me to?

Time Lord likes this.
  13. smack

smack Avatar

There's not much more detail than what was mentioned in the Q3 2107 Schedule:

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Another rainy season here where I live, which means a shaky connection :(...
    :) But there's still offline play :D~Time Lord~

smack, Winfield and discipleofweb like this.
  15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

16. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Ahhh no internet.. the HoRRorrr!

17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

[​IMG]

18. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:D "Some things take presidents", over others :p
    [​IMG]
    So with my blinking connection I've also been busy ;)~TL~

19. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Would like the offline version to focus more on the story, but feature a free housing/item option so that we could test out certain things we may wish to work on during online play. Such as figuring out how many of a particular item may be needed, tinkering with different housing ideas before investment online and PoT construction.

Time Lord and chrisjwhite like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.