Town upgrades

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Xee, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

After paying for an upgrade how long does it take for it up update? Or is this only done on via patches?
    Also does on need to service voucher to complete on top of the upgrade?

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Don't know if there is any timedelay from the purchase of an upgrade to the NPC and areal change? Don't think so but I could be wrong.

However I know you don't need a service voucher.
    Instead with the Upgrade your Submission Form gets unlocked, so that is included. You can then fill it in and lock it again. However note from the POT lock form:
    "If you request to change the name, biome, or template of your POT, please inform your tenants to use the Magic Mover system to maintain their house and decorations as the POT will be evicted upon implementation of these changes. "
    Such changes are always done in combination with releases, so depending on where in the development cycle you Lock your form and how many such changes already are in the queue you could be waiting 1-3 releases. But those are unrelated to the upgrade of the NPC slots and areal.

Sean Silverfoot and Braunfelt2 like this.
  3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

So does that mean possibly that all I need to do is relock to get the upgrade? I did notice that it was unlocked again after that. But I would hate to have to lock it if I don't have to at this time incase later I want to change. It was not clear in the upgrade information if I had to relock.

4. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Based on past experience nothing will be done until you lock the form. PoT changes only happen during updates/patches so you might be waiting until R43 at this point.

Braunfelt2 likes this.
  5. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

It's done in a patch if you're lucky or if you're unlucky in the next release (assuming there were no complex changes other than the size change)

Braunfelt2 likes this.
  6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

well that may explain it... sigh.

7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Lets take R42. (my best guess from watching the game) They just released it and they will patch cycle it for 2 more weeks then stop and focus on R43 content (and any patches after that generally go into R43). If you get your upgrade locked in within 1 to 2 weeks (1 for sure), you will probably see it for R42. If you wait 2+ weeks (mid release) and they have started the R43 work, you will probably see it in R44. The key being R43 release is kinda locked in mid R42 release, QA43 is released around 3/4 R42 release.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Braunfelt2 likes this.
  8. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Yeah, you need to lock. It's not very clear, I agree. There's a good chance you'll wait till R43 now unless they're able to squeeze it into one of the patches in the next few days.

9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

The FAQ says that you "need to lock your POT form in order to have any desired changes implemented"
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=19#faq_346

The info from here says you need to lock the form for changes to be implemented:

@Berek
    If it is the case then could you please clarify in the FAQ/announcement and the POT Submission Form that it is required for an upgrade of size related dynamic stats (like NPC count etc) as well regardless if one makes any other changes?

As evidenced by the Q and dialog above just adding one sentence on that would help.

Thank you

majoria70 and Braunfelt2 like this.
  10. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Yes,you need to lock and submit it for it to hopefully show up on the next release cycle date.

11. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

thanks Spoon, guess I need to rely more on the forums then on the account information. I just checked again on the account town stuff and it does not say anywhere that I can see on player town information, or on the upgrade option that it needed to be done. Sad is me, but never know there are many small fixes that it may get in. not like I am changing anything else outside of the number of objects etc :) cheers all for the help.

Spoon and Frederick Glasgow like this.
  12. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Never be afraid to ask questions in the forums,chances are someone somewhere has run across what ever you need to know. That is what is great about the community,players helping each other.

Spoon likes this.
  13. Venusada

Venusada Avatar

Does a town get wiped if you upgrade? Or do they just adjust the numbers?

14. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Upgrades don't get wiped if you down change anything else. I did it last release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.