how do you turn off "HEAT"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sway, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  2. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

It wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular. I just know how freaked out I used to get when things would change and I had to adapt or perish...lol :)

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Well it fit my post and I learned from you. That was a much better way to answer.

Aldo and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Which is why we are giving feedback, for Game Development.
    Right ?

Sway, Sentinel2, Selene and 2 others like this.
  5. Osiris3

Osiris3 Avatar

I think I'm a bit confused on the Heat system. I just jumped in the game and I didn't last 5 minutes before I had to simply quit. I just re-read the release notes and it says it's supposed to be an improvement. Well, my locked glyphs now all wait for a cooldown after I use one glyph (locked or unlocked). Is this the bug? Not being able to use a glyph for 1-3+ seconds in combat just plain sucks. Totally defeats the purpose of me using Body Slam if I can't follow up with an offensive move while opponent is knocked down. I noticed the red cooldown (heat system?), but not sure how to take advantage of it. Again, am not sure if this is how it's supposed to be or not. I do know there are several mentions that it wasn't fully tested properly and that there are bugs that have been identified to be fixed.

Sway, Sentinel2 and majoria70 like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The more "heat" the is on a glyph, the longer it takes to execute. You can't use anything else while a skill is casting/executing.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I still wish we had more of a visual. The heat system may be implemented but it is not visually apparent that it is going on to make us feel it like it is heating up. I do not like this part. I want to enjoy the new heat system but it is missing giving us the visual experience or even showing us it is being activated or used. @Chris

edited.

ok my bad because I was in the deck where I did not have my two skills locked that I was testing the heat system. And this is first iteration, hopefully feedback helps Chris to make it a very fun system for us.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I like the heat system, but I'm not sure how good of an idea it is to add another non-intuitive piece to a combat system that's already a jumble of confusion for new players.

9. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

ok so I'm not like Mr Goody 2 Shoes fanboi waving the Port flag but I think we should all remember a minor detail here:

@DarkStarr has been out with a particularly unpleasant ailment. This has left @Chris to have to wear (at least) two hats. So all things considered...I say we cut em some slack on this one and let things work their way out.

10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I have a visual "fill up" for my healings if i lock them.

I recognized that it's not possible to have lets say 1 Ice Arrow locked and 2 dynamic. Then nor the locked one isn't castable while CD neither the unlocked are castable if drawed.

Didnt much testing, but the one locked heal spell who is spamable and gives me a visual what indicates the "heat up".
    But because i get a slug, i dont profit from the heat and stick to my decks until.

It's maybe good (if fixed) for people who dont like the dynamic system, but i play SotA because of the dynamic skill system.
    The combatsystem is one of my main reasons/ features i like to play SotA.

I recently retryed TESO, because i am mostly playing solo and dont have people around who like to play like me, so i thought about a break and try some older games etc... (playing Blood Bowl 2, Path of Exile).

But TESO's combat cannot compete with SotA.
    SotA's Combatsystem with Glyphs and dynamic slots is more fun to me.

11. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

We all hope for @DarkStarr and his recovery.

Solazur likes this.
  12. Osiris3

Osiris3 Avatar

Barugon, thanks for the reply on the 'heat' explanation. I understand that the successive use of a locked glyph will cause heat build up. This is a balanced approach, successive use of glyph is a plus, heat build up is a negative, over all it's a balanced feature. I also understand that you can't use use another skill/glyph while in the middle casting/executing; this was in place before and after the update; and I totally agree with this feature. But what I am seeing is this.... I have locked blade combat glyphs setup. Say 1=Thrust, 2=Double Slash, 3=Whirling Blades, 4=Body Slam. Before the update, i could execute a body slam (Press 4) and gain the knockdown effect for the opponent. i would then immediately follow up with say press 1 for thrust (or any other glyph for that matter), to take advantage of the knockdown. After the update, what i see is this: I press body slam and have to wait for the entire glyph bar to go through another cooldown. I have to wait for ALL my glyphs to become ready again, which totally defeats the purpose of using something like body slam, or another disabling effect type glyph for other users. If this is how it's supposed to be, I truly fail to see how this is an improvement or even useful. I see this with a mix of locked and dynamic glyphs in my setup. please someone tell me this is a bug and not the way it's supposed to be. i agree with the heat system and using it successively is a gain, but the more it's used the more focus it drains. I fully understand that, and i agree that the trade off using a locked system and having more focus drain should stay in place. But an entire cooldown for all glyphs just cripples the locked deck system completely.

GreyMouser Skye, Aldo and Sentinel2 like this.
  13. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

There are times I've been told I frequently give negative comments.

How else are we to point out issues if we don't?

14. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Personally so far I don't like the heat system. I don't see how it makes the game 'better'. I've been experimenting and so far It feels like a step back . Even after reading the release notes.

15. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

@Osiris3 havve you one of the locked skills also unlocked in your deck?

That is what i recognized cause this behavior and maybe work as intended, because you then can spam a glyph, plus stack it or use locked and unlocked
    alternately to prevent heat.

16. Osiris3

Osiris3 Avatar

Yes I do; and as you mentioned I can understand that it's intented to lessen the spamming effect. But it should be inclusive to the one glyph, not the whole entire combat bar. The spamming affect could be minimized if the heat feature affects the focus drain for the one glyph you are attempting to use successively; regardless of a fully locked combat deck or hybrid (locked/dynamic) combat deck. But as Sentinel2 stated, it seems like a step back.

17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I would make a bug report.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Maybe this is why I'm not seeing it. I have buffs and healing locked and attack skills unlocked.

Lord Ravnos likes this.
  19. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

i think then it works as intended and for me it´s not a step back, because to have the possibility to spam and to stack or to use them alternateley feels op to me.
    But as i said before, i´m fine with the dynamic decks and its a major feature to me that let me play this game.
    But i will test some locked decks for pure supporting or CC and harvesting and such.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

yes sorry I edited my response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.