Container Storage needs a tweak please.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grave Dragon, May 27, 2017.

?

Do you want 1 Deep container nesting\storage added to the game?

1. Sane Response: Why yes, please add it.

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Walmart Response: OMG... Jeebus... Wtf isn't this already in-game????? WWLBD

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Devs,
    Storage of items that are essentially furniture deco, but qualify as containers (desks, cabinets, wardrobes, etc) are not storable within other containers. This forces players to either have a slew of loose furniture placed out on a house floor, in our backpack, or within the bank prior to placing it in a structure we are decorating. It would be great if we could store these items with other deco furniture inside a container.

[​IMG]

In addition, we are currently not able to store a true container, like a trunk or a sack within another container. Having the ability to do this, even one container deep would give us a much greater flexibility to organize our add-on store items, loot and resources.

I am not 100% sure what the concern is preventing this feature, but I am positive that with your teams' expertise, we can create a solution for this unnecessary storage inconvenience.

Thank you,
    -Grave

Black Tortoise likes this.
  2. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

All of the christmas stockings stuck in my bank. ~ eye twitch ~

Almar and Grave Dragon like this.
  3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think they are aware of the problem. I know when I was over there a few months ago (previous telethon?) I discussed it briefly with someone, probably Starr, and I feel confident that they will come up with a way to not only allow you to store (empty) containers in other containers, but to also have empty container deco not count against the lot limit. They just have a lot of other stuff to do, too.

Getting the game to the point of official release is the most important thing, and it can release without this being fixed. (Not that someone won't suddenly come up with a cool fix for it and madly crank out a patch, that can happen but it's random, that's just how big software projects work.)

4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yes, I've had to "hide" gift boxes from last Christmas all over the place myself, and I actually *deleted* a lot of stockings that I was tripping over and had nowhere to put.
    I think 1-deep nesting is reasonable, as long as the containers nested are empty.

On a related issue, there are a lot of items that are "containers" (you can open them up in your inventory and put things in them) but when you place them, you have no way to open them without picking them up again. Many of the new cabinet type things and such, wardrobes, etc. If it would be helpful I can go click on everything (the inside of my house is a jumble of container furniture I have nowhere to put) and submit these as a bug, if this is indeed a bug?

5. Brightstar

Brightstar Avatar

How about making a "special container" that can only hold "empty containers" like stockings, gift boxes, bags, or furniture containers. That way we can store it away until its needed instead of sticking it in our bank, hiding it in our home which counts to our house limit or deleting it.

6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I agree. Allowing nested empty containers is needed to store seasonal items.

Hopefully they can come up with a solution soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.