We can talk about it? SeedInvest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stephalan, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reuge

reuge Avatar

All my financial analysis post are deleted.

2. sake888

sake888 Avatar

My main concern, according to the Seedinvest page is:

Q: What is the current cash position?
    Portalarium: As of May 17th our current cash position is $528k, and we have one of our periodic telethons coming up which commonly net us in excess of $100k additional funds.

StarLord and fonsvitae like this.
  3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

now, there is a way to not get your financial analysis deleted... post it in Reddit... Portalarium has no control over that and they don't own it... and you'll even get massive amounts of thumbs up... :)

again... I'm just saying how I understand what @Berek is trying to say... and as I understand it... they can't have it discussed here in their forums... why? maybe it's something they agreed with SeedInvest or somekind of rule with using SeedInvest... (there's an actual page in SeedInvest about it but it was too long to read, LOL)

Time Lord likes this.
  4. reuge

reuge Avatar

When I posted this, it got deleted. I am sorry to say this wont last long. Also, they cant answer this question here.

5. reuge

reuge Avatar

They and me are two different category. They are bounded by law. I am not bounded by anything. You dont get what I say. I didnt violate any forum policy nor any law. Why censor me?

Mykll and Ice Queen like this.
  6. sake888

sake888 Avatar

Well, so be it. I'm not running from the truth. I'm only a concerned investor in Sota. I'm not asking Portalarium for comment. I'm just speaking my mind to a community of fellow players/investors.

Mykll and Time Lord like this.
  7. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I guess they don't have a lot of cash right now and that's why they're doing the SeedInvest thing... that's not enough to pay 25 to 30 people in a year... :(

Ice Queen likes this.
  8. Soylent Green

Soylent Green Avatar

I'm guessing they need to keep anything good or bad financially off the site that could come back at them. Probably a little over cautions too on what can be said and what can't cause better safe than sorry, new territory and all that.

9. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

you are not bounded by law, they are and you are absolutely correct but this forum is theirs... that's why I politely suggested to post your financial analysis outside of Portalarium... because it might get perceived as them because it's in their forum and get them in trouble... I'm just really speculating here... LOL

but still, posting it outside Portalarium owned communities is a good idea because it will stay there until the internet dies... :)

10. Sebastion2

Sebastion2 Avatar

Complains about conspiracy theories, post one of his own.

Sounds like I'm joking, but I'm actually not joking about this.

Kaisa, digriz, Fister Magee and 3 others like this.
  11. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

anyway... I'm out of this thread... going back to mining... LOL... :D

12. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

we dont need you to talk, but allow us to have our own discussion.

Kaisa, Mykll, Ice Queen and 2 others like this.
  13. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Nothing new or surprising here.
    Richard said earlier that they most likely reaching out for further investments to launch the game.

14. Deathadder

Deathadder Avatar

I will add this, in other posts I mentioned I would like to see their financials... well, If you scroll all the way down on the seedinvest page.. *poof* they are there with a full valuation of the company. Since we can not discuss stuff here, all I am going to say is.. please go read them and what you don't understand please go google it... in the end I am little shocked by what I read, you can take that both ways but I am in no way discouraging or encouraging from investing in this venture.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Kaisa and Ice Queen like this.
  15. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

I laughed when folks threw money at the crowdinvesting of Psychonauts 2, but at least they were willing to give an ROI, even if it is unlikely to break even. If investing in Psychonauts 2 is like investing in lottery tickets in the hopes of willing big, then investing in SotA is like investing in scraps of paper in the hopes that some of them are lottery tickets.

Kaisa, digriz and Pickley like this.
  16. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Avatar

People seem to forget that by putting up money on kickstarter, that they did it in return for a game. It was never meant to be in return for share (ie: part of ownership in Portalarium the company). I put money into the kickstarter for a game - I funded a project - not a company. If I want a share of Portalaium the company and therefore rights to their profits - then I will put money up on seedinvest.

Portalarium has been clear the whole time - if people get upset about this seedinvest thing ,then not meaning to be rude - then they should go do some business or commerce studies to realise the significance of understanding an agreement when they fund money. IE: understand the legal and commercial differences between funding via kickstarter, seedinvest and share issues/placements. I do not mean this to be patronising - however this is "Exhibit A" of why it is relevant to understand these matters. I never feel like I've been in the dark - I even expected Portalarium to later seek funding via share placements - they are a company and that is what companies do. I wanted a game - that's what I agreed to by giving money on kickstarter and that is what I am getting. Crystal clear.

Peace out

17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have no idea whos alt you are, but thank you.

Onyx and Time Lord like this.
  18. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Well, proceeds from sale of stock doesn't count as normal revenue like selling those rewards as a bundle would have, which could cut down Portalarium's tax bill by quite a bit...

19. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Avatar

I am an alt - I just don't want people who are offended by my post to come back at me - because reality is - if they don't like my response I will tell them to go to a library and borrow some commerce/legal books and learn about "agreements".

20. Deathadder

Deathadder Avatar

I think some might have taken my post wrong, but I still support Port, but with the seedvest now, it not like we can go out and say OMG, you need to do this and try to sell or push it. I am %110 behind them in which ever direction they take to make the company and the game great. I want them to succede in this, as one who has played all of Richards Games going back to Akalabeth I have a fond admiration of his projects and the people he surrounds himself with.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.