1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

SeedInvest Campaign - Discussions with Richard Garriott / Lord British

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord British, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I think it's clear "what for". You don't get to publish games just because you want to, ya gotta pay for that. o_O

In other news, Pepsi is going to play a SuperBowl add during halftime of next years game. Gee, wonder what they paid for?

2. Calem

Calem Avatar

If you're happy with that degree of information that's all fine with me. Please accept that others are not.

3. Drocis the Devious

Speak for yourself, not "others".

Also, this is the kind of question that would go towards the other site - not here. It's not a horrible question for due diligence, but the way you're asking it is lame. Probably not going to get "server license" information here.

I posted a link to the press release and instead of saying "thanks, I was hoping for more information" you make it sound like it was completely useless and Richard should give you copies of the signed SLA's.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Time Lord and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  4. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

You just told him it was clear what for. Clearly, "others" don't see it that way.

5. Drocis the Devious

People using "others" and "most" as qualifiers is a big pet peeve of mine. I was trying to say "just stick to what you personally want and leave other people out of it".

I was just trying to help out by putting the link there and I didn't appreciate his reply. Regardless, I hope he gets whatever information he's looking for. As I said above, it's not a horrible question just out of place for this forum.

6. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

This is true for the $1000 and below investment. If you go up to $10,000 investment then the option of bank wire from your bank of choice opens up.

I can understand that alot of overseas people may not want to invest this much and may be locked out of the smaller investment due to the US bank account requirement.

7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Technically we can actually siege (or take over) towns. I have had a design in mind for quite a while with my PoT for building a pretty complex PvP zone using a lot of housing lots and using our granite master mason (Jonah) to create a lot of complex structures for large PvP battles. Its just a really expensive proposition right now since it would take a lot of tax free deeds and the 6 villages I have now is nowhere near enough.

Time Lord, Kabalyero and Bow Vale like this.
  8. sake888

sake888 Avatar

Thanks Calem, I feel as you do on the subject. More information unrelated to "Pepsi commercials" would be nice. Perhaps a true figure of authority on the subject could chime in and direct us. Or should I say me, as I certainly don't want to speak for you on that.

That aside, I'm glad LB created this thread and feel fine with this situation now.

Sator Faryn, Time Lord, Salix and 2 others like this.
  9. Emso Boydon

Emso Boydon Legend of the Hearth

I can confirm this. A U.S. checking account is required. While it is not impossible to get one, it would create a significant overhead.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Thanks LB for coming in and clearing some things up.
    Figured you guys would a day or 2 after the **** show yesterday. Good Call!

Best of luck with the project!

Tanglewood and Time Lord like this.
  11. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

12. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Great questions everyone, thanks for helping us to clarify many of these points!!

13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

It has always been interesting to me the growth of digital value. In many ways, SOME digital values have surpassed actual investment capital's values, yet are driven purely threw the values that the users of those values place on those digital values.

Indeed, I agree that Portalarium would be CRAZY, NOT to offer such digital perks for the investor. Yet to that end, I would also venture to say that Portalarium would also be CRAZY, NOT to offer digital dividends or digital profits through the success of that actual investment.

So, let me be clear about this :confused:... "I'm not saying you're crazy right now" o_O But I will be closely monitoring your sanity as the success of our adventure unfolds :D~Time Lord~

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  14. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Oh wait what?

Guild Wars fighting for ownership is NOT in line for episode 1?

@Berek @Lord British

Wtf guys. Ive been asking about this for literally months, and you said in post mortem it was!

Is ANY guild wars mechanics in line for episode 1 other then flagging and player generated?????

Time Lord and Ice Queen like this.
  15. Calem

Calem Avatar

Thanks everyone trying to help. Like I initially said, I was happy for information to be provided either here or there, but since LB created a thread on these boards I deemed it not unappropriate to ask here.

More substantial bits of info were actually to be found over yonder all along (Seedinvest page, Data room, Financial Summary, Note 6), which I had unfortunately missed. Thanks to the kind soul who pointed it out to me privately.

16. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Thank you Lord British for the clarification.

Sator Faryn and Time Lord like this.
  17. Stephalan

Stephalan Avatar

They are 2 months away from bankruptcy and you all are fine with that because Richard Garriot comes and comments on it? The SeedInvest documents pretty much state this. They have around 550K dollars left. Their expenses per month are around half that. So if they don't get the money from SeedInvest by July 31st the game is done. They will release it in the state it is in to try to get as much money as possible. LB is acting like this was the plan all along to transition into a publishing company. But the fact of the matter is they don't have the money to buy the rights to publish any game at the moment.

Ice Queen and Mykll like this.
  18. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I made my reservation already!

19. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

If it calms you, I just bought a few things in the Add-On Store. ;)

20. Stephalan

Stephalan Avatar

Why would that calm me? Unless you bought millions of dollars worth of stuff it doesn't matter.

Time Lord and Ice Queen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.