Update on Physical Goods?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Koldar, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TEK1

TEK1 Avatar

Maybe another Kickstarter campaign is required in order to pay for the physical goods?

2. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Thats my concern at this point on their plans for product delivery. Seeing they have approximately 2 months of operating capital via SI, "commercial launch" in 6+ months, and no mention of physical good preparation in a very long time...well...suffice to say I am concerned.

With the announcement on SI, it would be nice to have a little communication assuring KS backers of their commitment to delivering physical goods, regardless of the outcome of their SI campaign.

Ice Queen likes this.
  3. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Nah, just an another telethon and you get 100k. Enough for the physical goods...

4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    Koldar likes this.
  5. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

just a comment - if they already ordered / printed some of the physical goods and stored them somewhere you wouldn't see that in the financial statements. Also you cannot see if they already accrued (not cash relevant - I know) for that. As much as I'd like to have clarity myself all this speculation is just doom & gloom and leads nowhere.

@Chris is drafting a long term "goals" roadmap and I hope they improve on their communication - this includes whether trinkets are part of the Story-Complete in Q3 (with the marketing budget) or will come with the Episode 1 launch in Q4....

Nobody here knows this and this constant posting and complaining just creates a negative feedback loop.

6. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I'm not complaining; just concerned and disappointed. I was just curious if any new information had been communicated in the last three months. It seems like the answer is "no". At this point @Berek could lock this thread. I see no point in continuing to speculate. I just wish thought was put into communicating with existing backers prior to this whole SI thing. :(

Razimus and Ice Queen like this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes imo the two should be different not the same. I agree with you. Feedback and focus should be on offline when that time comes which is not now and it is a dis-service to the offline game and online game to try to split time between them. It gives nothing but half-hearted attempts to them both and cannot happen this way. That's why I say that focus should go on one or the other but not both at once. That does not mean they won't both happen. It just means it will take time to give the offline game the time it needs and that Portalarium should really get a grip and admit that there is not enough time right now to give the focus to the offline game atm. Making if a fantastic game as well will take focus and I don't believe it should be just like the online game at all. Taking the easiest and cheapest way out has always been a huge downside to making Shroud of the Avatar.

If I could take us back in time there are so many things about this project I would have been so opposed to, oh believe me I would wave my magic wand a zillion times. Such as choice of engine, choice of crowdfunding, not having a major contributor/investor in this game so it can be the game it deserved to be. There was way too much interest from RG fans for a fantastic new game to put such taxing conditions on creating an awesome game people were waiting to see for years . A game that had the chance to be the game everyone came here to get. Over and over we watched as the cheapest and easiest possible things were added to this game and over and over we had our hearts broken. It has been very emotional for RG fans to watch the struggle for 4 years. My biggest desire is that we can turn this around still to play out for offline and online to a satisfactory game being made. It has to be as a team of all of us though, not just the development but us assisting in saying some of what needs to be in game and can be added to make this happen.

edited
    And yes all in my opinion of course. I don't know everything I just wish for the best for this game.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  8. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi all! As you know, we have been planning physical goods to go out closer to Launch. Please wait for updates on more then!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.