Wooden chests on lots... take all option

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by SabeSr, Jun 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Please remove the option to "take all" when we set down a wooden chest on our lots...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many times have I hit E and took all my mistake. please please please remove option to take all like it was a loot chest it's not...

2. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

I do this all the time too. It's really frustrating. Even adding a pop-up message asking "Take all contents?" that requires a second press of the interact key would be preferable.

kateonline1, Dantuin and Zader like this.
  3. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

... please don't take this away. I've got plenty of 'crafting material' chests that I grab 'all' from when I'm crafting. If you don't want this option then request it to be an 'option' that you can set on the chest... don't just ask to take it away whole sale. :)

4. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

The way I see it, the problem is that the same key is used for open chest as it is for take all.

Double-clicking a chest with deco mode on is problematic, so I always use E to open them, except if you have one chest open, even if the cursor is targeting a different chest (to open it), the E takes all from the chest already open. The take all key should be a different key than the open key.

mass, kateonline1 and Rhiannon like this.
  5. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

This happens to me as well. A warning message or option to disable it sounds good.

Scraps MacMutt likes this.
  6. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Ok so dont treat a placed chest the same as a loot chest... allow a take all option but make it a seperate request other then the E button? that work?

7. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

The one that gets me is I filter the contents of the chest, then hit "Take All". Oops. This has happened twice. Sadly. I aim to learn, though.

8. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

It's fairly easy to Take All without having that option. It's a little slower but works fine. Select the Top item in the container list, Hold Down Shift and select the last item in the list. Then, all you need to do is Drag/Drop all the highlighted items to your Backpack(or other container.) I hate the accidental Take All!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.