Port... I was thinking ..........you might

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blaquerogue, Jun 6, 2017.

?

Who thinks this is a good idea

1. yes

68 vote(s)
    84.0%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    16.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercster

mercster Avatar

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that if you cancel a lay-away, they give you whatever you payed into it back. Wasn't suggesting that...

Time Lord likes this.
  2. yarnevk

yarnevk Avatar

Depends on how it is implemented, store credits may or may not be refundable in general. Since the game support RMT I would think they would make store credit nonrefundable so that they could actually account for the layaway as monthly income by claiming you bought a virtual item called non-refundable store credit. That way the liability the owe you as not cash but a digital good of perceived cash value which obviously costs them little to produce. This is consistent with their existing policy that pledges are non-refundable and ecouraging RMT to give you an out.

blaquerogue and Time Lord like this.
  3. mercster

mercster Avatar

OK...I would actually be fine with this (don't commit to any money you can't afford to lose) but...aside from this scheme, I think a much better idea would be an optional monthly fee that game some perks.

4. yarnevk

yarnevk Avatar

But then we are back to the problem of perks get devalued because everyone gets that collectible even if they did not want it, so they will dump it. So buying store credit makes more sense cause then everyone gets the perks they want, not what they don't want.

Or you could do perks that give mechanical advantages like craft bag, as in ESO you never have to waste time at the bank unloading from an encumbered alt and logging on to your mules (less of an issue in SOTA since we have housing storage). But that depends on if your definition of pay to win includes being able to do things faster and easier or not. I think we already have those things with COTOs anyways, so just let people buy COTOS with their sub if they want to.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    Spoon and Time Lord like this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Also you have to look at if i get a bundle, i probably dont want everything that comes with it! Which some are rares, you can turn around and make your own bundle to sell in the players market place! I have had stuff that i didnt want that came with the pledges i hold so i sold off or kept for sale in gg! So you can make money off of a bundle by selling ioff stuff in the bundle you do not want, which would more than likely pay for half the bundle itself! :);)

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Autumn Willow

Autumn Willow Avatar

That's what the thread starter is suggesting isn't specifically a lay away though.

I'm pretty amazed that so many people like this idea. But interesting poll nonetheless @blaquerogue.

7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

i honestly think most people will pay it off, so the worry of giving free money to port is pretty null and void, but if you cant pay it, it still gives the game more money. I think it will pull more money into the game itself in the long run, but that is just my opinion.

Solazur, Autumn Willow and Time Lord like this.
  8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

@Autumn Willow

the way i looked at it was from the beginning we gave money to the game, with no gurantee it will work out, the past has proven the present as of now since we pretty much have a playable game. even though more work may be needed, the ole saying says you cant "please everyone", and honestly you cant but we are here now and i hope things work out in the future, i personally am willing to take a chance!

9. Autumn Willow

Autumn Willow Avatar

I'm not disagreeing with that. Just disagreeing with your proposed form of funding.

I don't think I've ever complained about the money I've spent. Even if the game doesn't turn out the way I like, I'm okay with it. I don't think you will hear me talking about broken promises as well, but I will, however, talk about how the game did not turn out what I thought it'd be.

It doesn't mean I won't try changing it for what I think is the better though.

10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

See the proposed suggestion was not mine, portalarium did that in the beginning, with their pledges we didn't have an issue with that.

Time Lord and Autumn Willow like this.
  11. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I honestly think most people who would choose a payment plan to upgrade an account they already have will indeed pay it off. The OP presents a good idea. As for the idea of a monthly subscription... I'd not be opposed to seeing them implement that for new people coming in. or for those who didn't get access via their original pledge.

Edit: I'd be more likely to upgrade my POT on a plan than plopping down another chunk too.

12. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I like the idea of a subscription that returns its value monthly plus %15 in CODAs. It would require subscription where the return vests on a certain day of the month. Think of it like a CD.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

No, sorry...

The payment plans were discontinued long ago...

Try "savings bonds", they cost half price and when they mature, they're doubled...

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

please show me a savings bond that pays 15% per month with a one month vesting period. There is no downside for anyone with what I suggested including those that don't do it.

15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I still think the payment plans would make more money for Port in the long run, the only people that may have a problem or issue with that are the sellers of stuff, but you know what, id like to see the game improve further, i would throw some more money at it, as long as i got something from the money (rares, limited etc,,) those can also be sold later on for money from player to player.

Grimbone, Tahru, majoria70 and 2 others like this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes definitely we need payment plans and if there were subscriptions as mentioned they should be voluntary taking nothing from backers, no limits to access but include perks that backers would love as mentioned like Coto rewards for staying with the game, a secret treasure each month, an experience potion, a key that unlocks something. It would be nothing that makes you win but perks only. Logging into Black Desert, Aion and many other mmo's include loyalty perks for their subscription players. Black Desert is very generous.

I am very interested in keeping the game funded but I am also extremely interested in getting what it needs in it as a priority. I am a broken record that we don't have achievements, tasks, and these could include points to earn cotos too. They should not be rares only to be farmed for but the game should offer in game options to get them too by playing the game and doing repeatable quest lines that include fishing, pvp, pve, crafting for NPCs.

Here is a fantastic achievement system article. Sorry off topic a bit but we need to get some basics in game before we launch for more reason to play and things to do.
    https://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.co...ing-achievements-for-your-games--gamedev-3371

17. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

18. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Well, i still see no payment plan option.

So i guess this is not going to happen.

19. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

It seems to have worked well for pledges (that's how my pledge got as high as it did)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.