Why oh why devs... PvP zones and forcing people to go there, idiotic.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Khaza, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Have some more :p

Stundorn and blaquerogue like this.
  2. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Another excellent compromising point! I can't imagine when considering both sides of the argument how anyone could be against this. Is anyone watching @Chris, @Berek, @DarkStarr ?

Cordelayne, fonsvitae and Stundorn like this.
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Lets be honest ENVY you had way more skills/levels than i did both those times. Your day will come!! I bet youve forgot the day outside of Ariellas keep when i had you so far down you ran and i couldnt catch you since i was in plate and did not have sprint if i couldve caught you you wouldve been dead! :) But i havent forgot you were worried!, your time draws near! Alot has changed since those levels and days.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    Cordelayne and Stundorn like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol I've always loved this video, so much fun, except *cries* a little for Blaque ;)

5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

its all good i knew the odds were stacked against me! This has been an ongoing thing between he and I. He promised to make a video when i finally do kill him with my theme music!

6. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I'm against it :p

It's annoying as hell spawning in random locations.

Also you have to be pretty stupid to rez at the same location if you were just rez killed. Why would anyone admit to it happening to them repeatedly???

Just rez somewhere else....life is better that way.

7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I understand where your coming from but there are minimal places to to rez at, like maybe 3 places in the whole scene? With random rez spot you couldnt plan on where to go to kill somone when they rez, you wouldnt know where to go. the rez killer would be like ok i have a 50/50 chance he will rez here! it would be nice to rez randomly somewhere, then roll up on them where they are waiting for you to rez, I thought you liked suprises!

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    fonsvitae, Stundorn and majoria70 like this.
  8. Ariella Shadowdancer

Ariella Shadowdancer Avatar

This sounds cool... but also add stuff for me, as PvEer, to go into the pvp zone... I want to hunt down and gather craftable pve stuff in the pvp zone.. I want a reason to go into the pvp zone as a PvEer. if there are only PvP items in the pvp zone then I really have no reason to go harvesting in there now do I.? It works both ways.

Also, I have a PvE guild and we are allied with a PvP guild. (hopefully this will be implemented into the game one day) Being allied with them gives a purpose of hiring them to guard me while I am in the pvp zone gathering pve stuff.

I do understand where you are coming from and that some of you do not want to ever go into the pvp zone, but there are some like me that want to go there for a reason besides just PvPing.

Stundorn and majoria70 like this.
  9. redfish

redfish Avatar

I don't think the devs should be narrowly defining players like that and boxing them into groups. Most people are not pure-PvE or pure-PvP. Ultimately, you want as many PvE people possible also playing and enjoying PvP. So, often, I find the whole 'playstyles' argument to be really distracting and missing the ultimate goal, which is to create a great game. While some PvP related artifacts may be okay, its not going to necessarily interest the people who aren't pure-PvPers.

I also don't think its a real problem for PvE-only players tohave envy for something in a PvP-zone, and the devs should decide what goes in based on reasons like lore and RP and what they think will make the PvP content there more meaningful and fun -- and should not try to cater to purist players who just think something is unfair.

Vodalian, fonsvitae, Stundorn and 3 others like this.
  10. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

I know @majoria70 and I have never said that I wanted the PvP areas PvE friendly, just been ranting about the Spawn of Sobek and Large Crocodiles(which from start was in PvE areas). ;)

StarLord, Grumpy and majoria70 like this.
  11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

1 disagree
    2-5 agree

Atm things are too costy and hard to produce to have a full loot system.
    If that would change plus only the oldsql bag mode for PvP like Darkfall and UO had I would agree. Then unstacking items makes sense again, because looting needs time, time you are vulnerable, time you need to search in your victims pockets .
    Or just ignore it at all, because you shouldn't bothered by only too large signature :rolleyes:
    Maybe let's create a new thread to work out the value of PvP what don't produce Misery from PvE'ers?

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...p-what-dont-produce-misery-from-pveers.88739/

Here I think we need adding a moral system, while it's true for villains it should be less punitive to KoV... maybe... needs deeper inspection.
    But some scenes don't have that many Ankhs. Then more granted Ankhs please !
    I really like the idea somewhat but on the other hand this is the issue why we have this discussion now.
    So I have split option about that. Maybe have pvp Ruins with PvE valued loot but Shardfalls only PvP valued loot.

You are right.

The main problem I see is balance, maybe in the long term it will match at all, but actually you need that specific approach to the game to be competetive.
    That need to be slightly matched and re-measured i guess.

Not too easy , not too hard as it is right now.
    And as I always say , get rid of these resistancies. I won't ever skill fire or death to be just resistant enough.
    This is my biggest complain about the system right now.
    People who want, like and have the time to skill out as tree to just be resistant are too strong versus people who just don't want it, don't like it and don't have the time to do it.
    It keeps me away from PvP, but that shouldn't be, as we all want more people participating, right?

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  12. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

13. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

This is the best thread I have ever come across in any internet forum, ever.

14. Armar

Armar Avatar

I dont care about titles and you dont need more gold if its full loot. But then we all know nothing, except maybe the titles and the gold will happen in this game...

This discussions are uttely fruitless. To say the least...

// Armar

15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Along the lines of the post I just did in the "pay to win" thread. Im going to say it here. The topic is people being forced into PvP zones. This thread is 18 pages long based on a topic that is simply not true and bad actors have continued the argument. We all know this is not true and we should not continue to be pulled into the argument when its founded on myth and trolls are continuing the argument.

16. Deathblow

Deathblow Avatar

tourniquet!

17. vanroon01

vanroon01 Avatar

The main questline forces one to enter a PvP area (Midras Ruins) and flags one as PvP, even if this player detests PvP play and refuses to ever do it. The fact that there are almost never PvP players there and/or that there may be an alternative route is not important. If this game, which I like very much btw, makes it basically impossible to do the main questline without being flagged PvP then it is not intended for the 100% PvE player. Then it is not made for me.

FrostII, Xandra7 and Arya Stoneheart like this.
  18. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

You would think after yet another 18 page thread on this, and the fact that there have been dozens if not hundreds like it, should be a clue that a significant portion of the player demographic has no interest in nonconsensual pvp scenarios, yet it gets thrust on us more and more. Risk vs. Reward is not an excuse. Getting people to flag for PvE reasons so that griefers have more victims is a poor business decision. There's simply no reason for someone to even try and get their toes wet here - you don't gain anything, but stand to lose items/cash or, even just your time having to deal with griefer types while going about your business. This whole 'forced multiplayer' thing is unncessary - if a player wants to PvP, they have the option to do so. If they don't want to PvP, for crap's sake, leave it be. Catering to players who want to steamroll non-combatants may make a few people happy for a few minutes at a time when they find a nice tasty victim, but it irritates a significant % of your playerbase, as clearly evidenced by the fact that these threads keep happening.

FrostII, Gorthyn, Cordelayne and 4 others like this.
  19. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I was doing the shroud portion of the quest and was in yet another pvp area couldnt flipping find my way in the building - some ass pvper came shanked me from behind while I was distracted talking with someone.. yeah.. hope you felt real big..

ive only ever had bad pvp experiences.

But it is disappointing that for a game where pvp was not the main goal, why are there just so many dang pvp instances and why so many involved in the quest?

FrostII, Gorthyn, Cordelayne and 4 others like this.
  20. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

@liz_the_wiz: Support us in the fight for removing the ability for non-flagged players to attack/steal from avatars flagged as PvP and I support the initiative to have open PvP quest zones free of PvP. I think it's a fair trade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.