1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

SeedInvest Campaign - Discussions with Richard Garriott / Lord British

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord British, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

Absolutely not...
    LOTM acquired a place anywhere tax free castle deed with many more amenities...
    LOTM pledge blows the investor bundle out of the water.

2. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

The list is shorter if you from low to high value and use the phrase "All of the Above".

Sator Faryn and Time Lord like this.
  3. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Probably most LOTM owners will be in denial over this question because their deed is place anywhere. Although it would be interesting to know how many of those place anywhere deeds still ended up in a POT at some point. But the LOTM folks won't have the golden airship and golden walls. (Which I think will look as gawdy as hell,but that is my own opinion) :D

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I think our Portalarium artistic staff will do much better than that ;) The ornate stuff looks better than the regular stuff, so maybe we could imagine an "ornate with gold?" possibly being a better term? But then again, no one has seen much of it yet. I think we caught a glimpse of the clackwork armor, but so far that's about it o_O~TL~

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    Frederick Glasgow likes this.
  5. TeddyMIT

TeddyMIT Avatar

等我們看到遊戲明確的計畫和明確的上市日期再來討論投資與否的問題
    就像我上面講到的
    不斷變更經營方式的公司是沒有辦法留住員工,當然也沒辦法留住股東
    目前我們只看到沒有結局的隨興修改以及與當初陳諾的背道而馳的情況

NEILMHK, Alongdream and Time Lord like this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

我会尝试通过这个信息的精神 - 我承诺 !!

~Time Lord~;)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Sator Faryn, Alongdream and TeddyMIT like this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

ROFL good comment and well noted $ my friend :D I do hope you a "very speedy recovery"! At least we still get to enjoy your ever present humor! :D~TL~

8. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I understand this, and it is very tempting for people that can afford this. I do surmise though that if the rewards are there it does in fact tie the investment to the game. The rewards will be in game and others will be able to see them. People that buy the game at the entry level will never have access to these rewards and honestly most people will never be able to afford to buy into this. The perception of this will be judged at a later date and I suspect IMO opinion this will be called a pay to win again. You prob will come back with the classic "what am I winning" but that really does not matter. Its the perception that matters in sales. People already are put off by not being able to buy housing in game (not talking about player vendors or RMT) from an npc vendor. Like I said, this is very good for people that have the money to invest, but being there are in game items involved it will reflect upon the game. You will hear lots of positives on this venture in these forums, but maybe later on check other forums also for balance.

Mykll and Time Lord like this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Feudalism is that way :rolleyes:

There are great concerns from many who want our game to become stable in skills and content. We will see what the coming year launch cycle will bring, So hang in there ;)~Time Lord~

Sator Faryn and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  10. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

People can still buy tax free POT castle deeds with the blood reliquary bundles at the more than half the price and they include many more items. The blood reliquaries aren't selling at the rapid pace, so I am not worried about a $30k castle lot deed being an issue. Heck, it wouldn't bother me if the the tax free castle deeds that came with the $30k investment, were place anywhere (except water lot).

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    Time Lord likes this.
  11. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

First let me say that I will be investing. I think there is great potential in this investment and the way I understand it is you reserve an amount that you are willing to invest. This goes toward the total amount that is needed for the offer to be to be started. If the total is not reached there will be no offer and all you loose is the fee associated with your reserve, 2% I think. Once the offer is accepted then you put up the amount you have put on reserve and your investment is converted into equity in the company based on a calculated value that is averaged among all, including special lower values offered to company workers. Then at some point in the future when stock is issued by the company your equity is converted into shares/stock (not sure of what class of stock it is). At this point you can sell, hold, or transfer. This is just my understanding in a very simplistic form.

Ok, lets move on to another trolling opportunity. I fell that the in game perks should NOT be traded or sold for a couple of reasons.

1. If I invest in the company and want to show that I have I could ware my gold items or live in my gold house. If I want to be a silent investor I can do that also but if it can be sold or traded there is no guarantee that the person wearing the gold is actually an investor.

2. Keep in mind that since this is an sec investment thing any real world money you make off assets of this investment are taxable. If you sell your gold items for real world money you will have to report and track that in your investment. This is hinted at in the part of In Game Rewards in the offer. Sorry if I am not supposed to post this but I wanted all to understand the risks.

Under "Investor Perks" on the"Invest in Portalarium" document
    "It is advised that you consult a tax professional to fully understand any potential tax implications of receiving investor perks before making an investment."

Time Lord and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  12. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Numa, Lesni and Time Lord like this.
  13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Thx for the heads-up and the link @Tahru :)~TL~ (registered)

Tahru likes this.
  14. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi all! Quick update that I wanted the thread posters to know that on this last page I removed just a few posts that were discussing here the actual Security details (the gold rewards).

A reminder of what we cannot have posted on our sites:
    - Target raise amount
    - Security details (e.g. Crowd Note, equity, common, preferred etc.)
    - Price of the security (e.g. $$ pre-money valuation or the actual share price)
    - Closing date of the campaign (or hints of an ending coming)

If you could please help us with the legal restrictions here by referring to those rewards directly on the SeedInvest website. So for example, you can say something like "Take a look at Page 13 of the blah blah.", but the items and direct discussion of those specific items cannot be directly mentioned here. Hope that makes sense!

Also, Richard just posted a new related thread for discussion:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ell-as-potential-portalarium-investors.91977/

Please help keep these two discussions separate. Thank you Avatars!!

15. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Its odd that that is off limits, as they is literally a days/hours/minutes counter on the SeedInvest page. Takes 30 seconds to figure out the date.

Anyway, once the SeedInvest campaign is over, will Portalarium be at liberty to discuss the perks and how well it went? Or will that still need to be discussed on the SeedInvest page?

Mykll and Time Lord like this.
  16. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I certainly won't disagree :), but tis the rules of these types of campaigns.

That's a great question, will ask the team!

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

It's too deep for me to understand it all :p But I'm way in for it!
    [​IMG]

Sentinel2 and cartodude like this.
  18. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

@Berek Will the webinar today be recorded?

GoToWebinar has that option, as we use it in our office, but its set by the presenter. I'm sure others may want to watch it later, since this is being held during a workday.

Mykll, Berek, discipleofweb and 2 others like this.
  19. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I've been wondering that as well.

Vox Aquila and Time Lord like this.
  20. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Webinar is about to start

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.