I wish there were some rainbow flags in the bar in the fall.

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Andartianna, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Yea.
    I mean if they ever so custom emblems and flags, this issur will come up anyways.. and custom guild logos and cloak emblems n such was something they wanted in game.
    So i dont see big deal at all.
    Theres god damn magical snowmen. To pretend the idea of a rainbow flag wouldnt exist in novia is ludacris. Regardless of the * in game symbolism* lol

2. mercster

mercster Avatar

Going to play Elder Scrolls Online.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

4. mercster

mercster Avatar

Going to play RuneQuest.

5. mercster

mercster Avatar

Going to play Black Desert Online.

6. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

There are people in the community in all games so not sure what you are looking for with the games you are listing. Were still talking about flags here.

7. mercster

mercster Avatar

Going to play Guild Wars 2.

8. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

80 is the new 50!!....if u had said like 95-104 then i would say i agree but there's plenty of people in their 70's and 80's out there that get much more than those in their 20's, granted age is a limiter but mostly only mechanically, the mind which is of course the largest erogenous 'zone' is still very much active....Those old people homes are a hotbed of action...true!

With regard the op, yes i can see the good intentions but like a few others have said is it really needed. So long as their isn't any active discrimination against something i don't feel the game needs to be hardcoded to actively support each and every issue, else where do we stop. So long as the tools are there in the game to allow us to make our own choices and convey messages i think that's by far the best method. With PoT's and guilds where like minds can converge there is plenty of opportunity for all birds of a feather to flock together.

Fair play though to port for trying to add normality to the story and scenes as pointed out by Alley Oop, and also for not pushing it to the forefront, seems even someone looking for this, the op, failed to initially find, which i find good and tasteful and speaks volumes for their storytelling and way they give reward in the game for discovery.

Merc...always thought u a wise and tolerant person in game and i think u in a bad mood about something else personally, so delete your posts and get back to just being slightly weird, please :)

9. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

Wow... someone appears to have been triggered. @mercster , dude, in your ' real manliness', I hope you don't act out on your bigotry in real life. I hope you don't take out your insecurities on someone or cause harm to others or yourself because you feel threatened by that which doesn't resemble what you represent. I don't think your Jesus would look too kindly on your lack of love for your fellow human beings.

Anyway, when it comes to the rainbow flag, I was thinking if it was a tapestry that can be displayed on walls, it would be great for designating places (maybe even safe spaces?) for LGBTQ folks or as places for outreach to other communities. It doesn't necessarily have to be construed as a call to political action. I'd posit that perhaps there are players out there that in real life have closeted identities and that a way they can express those identities may be in video games. Knowing that there is a community that exists that would accept them more readily than the ones they encounter in real life may be a very good thing. Maybe that community may act as a support system that will help them have the courage to 'come out' and not feel alone with the issues they face. Maybe that community might provide the kind of fun and lasting friendships that the person might not enjoy in real life because of their identity and the environment in which they live.

10. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

so I have to buy a dye pack for one cloak...alas...

Time Lord likes this.
  11. mercster

mercster Avatar

1) You don't know fuckall about Jesus.
    2) Lack of love?

12. mercster

mercster Avatar

Come talk to me in private, on Discord, about Jesus, son. Internet forums aren't the place to try and school me on your simplistic interpretation of Christianity.

13. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

While I appreciate religious dialog and discussion quite a bit since I have a doctorate in theology and spent most of my college year deep in research on monotheist religion to the point of becoming an ordain reverend in 4 religions and teaching college classes on the subject. The OP is about getting some rainbow flags or really any dye-able flags for which we have dye already in the game for. I am currently feeling physically threatened and harassed at this point on the forums at this point so I'm stepping away.

Autumn Willow likes this.
  14. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

Dude, I already know your argument; I live in the South too.

[​IMG]

15. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

No. Also no and no.

You are free to express yourself any way you want in the game. Make your own rainbows with materials and objects that are already available. But requiring the game developers to publicize your own particular cause, whatever it is and regardless of how important it is, is a bridge too far and IMO a very bogus, entitled position.

16. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Lol.
    Mercs whole reaction just made my day. Its hilarious to me to see someone openly go after people, yet try to stand on a high horse sprouting religion or a general image of superiority.

Im instantly going to assume hes a very sad lonely person, and hes venting out his insecurities by thinking and proclaiming hes an *alpha male *. When in reality hes pretty much r/justneckbeardthings in person.
    Cant even take him seriously lol.

Quoted you because that pic is awesome.

Allow dyable / customizable flags and let people do what they want with em. Problem solved.

17. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

If you read further in the conversation Alley Ops already showed that the representation is in the game which I went and saw, but thanks for the comment. I had asked for some flags and also stated that some dyeable ones so we can declare an area a safe space would be great cause this in not a safe space so far.

18. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

please don't use my examples to further your cause. i have already disagreed with your original proposal.

19. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

1) I believe that RL religious, sexual, or other symbols do not belong in the game... no matter what they represent. Of course, for me, this also includes Christmas trees. I see enough of those here, I don't need them in new Britannia.

2) There's an /IGNORE function for a reason.

3) Intentionally posting inflammatory and rude stuff just to get a thread locked is not only the very definition of trolling, its also really REALLY lame. You should be ashamed of yourself. Personally, I hope they scrub the offending comments and leave the thread open.

20. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

He would never call people punks and weaklings and be generally disrespectful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.