Need to know more about these and how they work - -Weapon Dmg + adding inates??????

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Weins201, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Worked Draw Strength (Ranged) which adds Weapon Damage to Ranged weapons to 80, it give me +2 Weapon Damage. If I take it to 100 only adds .5 too +2.5 weapon Damage.
    [​IMG]

Now asked a Blades guy and he has 100 in Blades Mastery (Blades) which adds Damage to blades, at 100 his adds +1.3 Damage
    [​IMG]

Soo here is the question - what exactly does it add to and how.

+2 is basically what? Does it increase base damage, is it added after all the other math? +2 to a damage of say 56 with a Blinding shot now equals 58?

DO you see why I am asking - this is a HUGE use of training to add 2 points of damage.

I am sure it is more than that but if the tool tip only say +2?????

amarious and Time Lord like this.
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I believe it is to the base, before the math. I really cannot confirm this though, I leveled it up while other things were going up.

MrBlight, Time Lord and Weins201 like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yeah mac but if that is true then it is a pittance 1.3 added before the math at GM for blades is almost worthless, but again need to see how it works out in the math to really determine

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I'd love for all the numbers to become stabilized or more set in stone considering balance or changes. Stabilization in the combat numbers are something the Chinese and Thai players have been wishing for as well as the stabilization of everything else.

I think even with the math it's confusing because all math is based on percentage rates and numbers in general. there's no other way to do that, but it's the numbers that break immersion. I don't see numbers in the chances of my successful or unsuccessful attempts at lifting a bear glass today, but the immersive quality of the day seems to be heading that way o_O~TL~:D

5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Its base dmg.

In ranged weapon, depending on other stats and modifiers.. that .5dmg can translate to 30 -40 dmg.

I imagine blades are same.
    Base dmg x stength modifiers x skill modifiers x equip x w.e else.. even 1 or 2 base dmg is huge.

Compare a long bow and short bow. All thats dif is the base dmg on the bow itself. And see the dmg dif per shot.

Time Lord and Mac2 like this.
  6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Now that sir, is a good idea to test it.

MrBlight and Time Lord like this.
  7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

A tip is that it if one has the time then it is relatively easy to test in offline mode since you can edit the savefile and add/remove skill points for testing.
    Then you can setup a before without the skill and fire 200 arrows into a target, then add 100 in the skill and fire another 200 arrows and see the diff.

Although usually where increased base damage makes most diff is when shooting something armored since everything above goes through.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Nataurz

Nataurz Avatar

The answer is Sota maths.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

yea i did it one day but i dont rememebr my numbers. I just know i decided it was enough to justify the 8 mil exp or w.e it took to GM draw strength before i pushed Ranged further.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.