Can no longer charge attack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

In fact, I can't attack at all when I disable auto attack. Any ideas why?

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

Is your weapon broken? Do you have the right weapon equipped for your combat deck?

Also, I've encountered the bug a few times where I cannot attack at all (or use any glyphs) or even exit combat mode and I have to logout to clear it.

3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Have you filed a bug report?

4. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

I had that problem once when i changed my keybindings and screwed something up. Might be worth checking if you changed something recently.

5. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Have you tried your RMB? I was showing a friend that charge attack was good and his was RMB. I can't charge attack if my cursor is over something clickable like a body.

6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I've seen intermittent issues with this during periods of lag. Its like it recognizes that I clicked the button (does a single low-power attack), but doesn't see that its held down so it doesnt charge. Occasionally I get it twice in a row, but then it starts working again.

I figured it was just my crappy Internet service.

7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ive had the UI break before to the point that pressing buttons dont work at all in the game and I need to relog ot fix. In fact, I caught one once in the middle of the fight in the Monkey room in Krull, amazingly, I did not die when I logged back in without buffs and such.

8. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

I've had trouble with charging free attack as meele and archer at times. IIRC, when holding left-mouse to charge and right-mouse to look around, my char walked forward (right into a crowd of mobs) like he was in noncombat. Very disorienting. I normally end up chaotically getting in and out of combat and toggling auto-attack on and off until it stops and I can charge free attack again.

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Thanks for all the leads. Here's where I'm at:

@Rufus D`Asperdi I didn't want to do a bug report until I was sure what I was reporting, and have more information for them.

@2112Starman Both days it was the same, so relogging didn't work. Lucky you surviving!

@Innascual Inch Weapon isn't broken, got them with the correct decks, experiencing the same with polearms and bows. I do have arrows.

Tried two mice, neither work with left mouse button.

On my main one, I had rebound Mouse4 to Attack the first night, and it wasn't working either. Today it is, so that makes it even stranger than just LMB not working.

I was about to Reset (Norm) and (Alt) but realized that LMB as attack isn't in there at all, so will wait a bit on that. I do have lots of keys rebound, but I think that one is hard coded.

Any other ideas?

10. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

This is likely your problem... I think there is another key like this, I think it was the 'rotate deco' function, I remapped the 'R' to become something else (and at the time, there was no rotate key mapper), and then I could no longer rotate things until I remapped R as the original key.. this was a few releases ago.. so my memory may be off.

Try resetting your key bindings to default, and see if that fixes the issue...?

11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ok, but we need to nail it down if that's the case because it will happen to others.

@Attenwood are you familiar with this problem?

12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

been covered already - if oyu are remapping key need to make sure you are not mapping over another key duplicate commands are possible and will cause conflicts.

This was covered when they put in targeting and the G to target and very specifically the "E" to take all since that was a movement key also.

just bad programming and not double checking.

but yes needs to be on one of the splash / loading pages

"Make sure if you are remapping a key that it is not assigned to another command" :)

13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ok, reset the Primary keys, charge started working again.

Went all the way through and rebound my keys (lots of rebinds for me) and its still working, so no real clue why it started, but I'll put in the bug report so it's know.

In case anyone is interested, I think my key setup is pretty sweet because it gives me a lot more access to my card slots without moving my hands.

Movement is moved to the right, RDFG. This lets the pinky hit 2 more rows of keys.

Hotbar numbers get grouped around movement, instead of staying as numbers, so:

ase45Thbvc

So I never have to move my movement hand. Y is interact, U is toggle autoattack.

For convenience I moved all my windows over to the numpad as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.