How can I tell what adventure level I am?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by twofoldsilence, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I always here devs and other SotA players mention their adventure level, but I can't find any such value anywhere on my character sheet, so how do I know what adventure level I am, and how does the skull levels of adventure maps correspond to it? Also, why don't dungeons have skull ratings?

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

How to find your Adventurer and Producer Level without using a third-party program...

1. in-game... type /stats in local chat... (this will save your stats to your chat log file)

2. next... type /datafolder in local chat... (this will open the Shroud of the Avatar data folder)

3. open the ChatLogs folder....

4. open your most recent chat log file in notepad...

5. search for "adventurerlevel" or "producerlevel"... (it's somewhere in the bottom of the file...)

:D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  4. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

The devs have hidden this value, but there's a few ways you can access it.

#1 is with a player created addon, such as SotaHud or SotA Stat Viewer. Explanations how to use each are in the threads with them.
    #2. Manually view your information. Type /stats in-game, then type /datafolder. This will open a folder. In that folder, open your chatlogs, go to the one with todays date, open that in a notepad/text viewer, and go to the bottom. You'll see a line saying AdventurerLevel.

5. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

Thanks for the help everyone. How does this number correspond to adventure map skull levels?

6. Casey McCormick

Casey McCormick Avatar

Every 10 Adventurer levels roughly equals to 1 skull.
    So for example, if you are Adventurer Level 54, theoretically you should be able to venture into 5-skull areas without too much difficulty fighting the mobs in there.
    However, not all skull-denoted adventure scenes are equal. For example, some 4-skull areas may have a few 5-skull mobs within.

7. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

Aeh...no...it doesnt?!?

A-Level simply says how much xp overall someone made.

Imagine you got blades 100...but then you chose to do magic, try entering the same zone with your new build.

I am handling it with trial and error...enter a zone, see if I can be happy there and then decide if I stay, or not.

8. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Maybe this is true for heavy armor users but wearing cloth armor it is even with a level in the sixties not advisable to enter skull-5-areas (alone) as you will die quite often…at least that is my impression. ;)

9. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

Your right Herr von Drachental,

but...if you use ranged, as soon as you get that "disabling shot" life becomes way easyer. And dont forget to buff yourself and eat good food...with that, it should be doable.

I think...

10. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

Why isn't it displayed somewhere in-game, instead of in a file?

11. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

please find a video I created on this subject hope you find it helpful and enjoyable.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

In the beginning it was.
    I think the general idea was that you shouldn’t think that much about your lvl. As it says just how many experience you got it is not such a clear indicator regarding power of the character as it is in other games.
    Generally SotA also does not have requirements regarding items, areas or services…you can use everything more or less right from the start. E.g. in other games you might need to reach lvl 50 to enter a area/dungeon in SotA such an adjustment does not exists.
    Even the quests I have seen so far are not bound to your level. It is all up to you if it is a good idea to fight the dragon or start a little bit slower in a skull-1-area. :p

And I think the only reason people are still looking at the lvl is because they are conditioned to value their characters by this number. It doesn’t matter if the lvl isn’t that much important in SotA people will continue to use this number as indicator of their progress and I think that is the only reason why there is still a possibility to see this value…even if the way you influenced novia would be a much more interesting value. ;)

EMPstrike, gtesser and Time Lord like this.
  13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]

Was it ever important? It seems important, but is it really? If Portalarium doesn't want it, or didn't want it easy to find, then why not? Is there another karma or other indicator coming that will somehow be effect by it, or it effecting the karma or whatever indicator that is?

It's something to think about o_O~TL~

Stundorn likes this.
  14. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

For one of my quests, I did notice it change from this may prove challenging to this is something I can do now.

This was for one of the Path of Love quests.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

It's the dev's conclusion that adv level is only important enough to discuss during testing, ie, before launch. They have made quite a few changes to the game as of late to reduce the impact "adv level" has over all on your Avatar's strength. It is quickly becoming much more of a "guide/indicator" to how many xp points you have spent in skills, rather than being a sole determining factor in avatar strength.
    (at least this is how I choose to interpret things)

EMPstrike, gtesser and Time Lord like this.
  16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Because, if Lord British had his complete and total way, you'd never see any numbers... Not even hit points or focus. No damage numbers... no fizzle percentages... nothing.

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Quickly is a pretty relative term considering it is still the most influential single stat in the game.

Salix, Nikko and Time Lord like this.
  18. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I would love never to see a number again unless at a vender counting items.
    ~TL~:rolleyes:

gtesser likes this.
  19. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

So I'm not sure how much of this was in jest or not, but A-Level has IMMENSE ramifications in terms of combat, at least melee combat. One reason green mobs are so easy is because you not only have a much better chance to hit them, your chance to crit them is also higher. On the flip side, orange/red mobs are that much more difficult because you face a penalty in both your chance to hit/crit them AND they gain a BONUS chance to hit/crit YOU!

I can say this with absolute certainty as for the past week I spent all my experience and time raising attunement (gag) and I use no offensive magic, just buffs. In the attunement raising process I probably gained 2 dex, for reference. My A-level has gone up from 73 or so to about 79 now and the mobs that once had *moves like Jagger* now have lead feet and get cut down. I quite frankly hate the adventure level's dominant affect on the combat calculation. There's no reason some hidden value that can only be raised by grinding should play such a huge role in combat and what/where I can go explore.

Edit: As an aside, back in the days of UO, there was a skill called tactics and that as I recall (which is scary because it's been 10+ years) affected melee weapon's chance to hit. Is there some hidden "attunement system" for the tactics/various combat trees that improves your overall viability with those weapons as you gain progressive skills in the tree like the magic trees..?

Nikko and Time Lord like this.
  20. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I could not agree more. I am starting to realize the impact of it as well, and I hate it. just simply dumping XP into ANYthing seems to raise the "Adventurer Level," which will, in turn make it so I can crit on mobs more often and hit them harder? I think that is what is happening. It needs to just go away completely, and truly be about which skills you have. Mobs also should not have "levels" per se. If my Ranged combat is 110, and my Dexterity is nearly 100, I should almost never miss ANYTHING, ever. Period. And if my Draw Strength skill is at 100ish, I should often hit things VERY hard, (depending on their armor). Why is there some underlying all powerful stat that is hidden, and has this much impact on my combat?

Yeah... it seems to be called "adventurer level." I jest, but seriously... this pretty much seems to be the very thing you mention here.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.