Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By design] Thorn Bow Change ruined my decor!

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by Presto, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Presto

Presto Avatar

1. Title: Thorn Bow Change ruined my decor!
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? Yes?
    4. Details: The last time I played, these bows made a beatiful balcony border. When I logged in today I noticed they were rotated to a new orientation and I am unable to rotate them back to their original orientation.
    [​IMG]

2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Presto, Reporting this issue is truly appreciated. It has been added to the Bug Reporting System for Development Team review.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

*Squints really hard* Is my vision that bad?
    I can barely see them, but I think I know what you are talking about.
    The current way was created to make it consistent with the other bows. The bow can no longer be flat like in a prior version (that was the bug). It's supposed to sit vertically.
    Is that what you are seeing here or is this perhaps an unrelated bug. I'm sorry, I promise I have my glasses on :)
    @Presto

4. Presto

Presto Avatar

I wish I had a pic from when I was building. I was only halfway done and needed to acquire more thorn items so I didn't take a screenshot yet. I had two bows stacked atop each other that formed a beautiful vine covered border for the balcony. basically the two bows stacked formed a vine covered infinity sign between each of the shields and spears that you see.

Lexie likes this.
  5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Presto totally understand, I had one by my door, kinda resting next to my backpack, looking like Im about to grab and go out.. now, its on its end, it just doesnt look the same :(

Lexie likes this.
  6. Lexie

I understand. BTW, when I say the old way was 'bugged' it's not like we wouldn't have preferred Avatars to have the option. The only way it could be placed the old way is if it was reverted back. Which means it couldn't be placed flat, again. It's a one or the other situation. Sorry about that.

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  7. Presto

Presto Avatar

Are you saying that this won't be reverted? That is a real slap to the creative juices. Hell I have been so annoyed by this change that I have barely played since it happened.
    I know this seems like a minor thing, but irresponsible changes like this can have large impacts. We are constantly hearing from Lord British about how amazed he is by the outfits and decor that we make using the limited items we have available. This decision seems to fly in the face of that.
    I have zero motivation to make fancy decor if I can't trust it to stay the way I left it? I feel just as bitter about the changes made to the original version of the moondial. It was gorgeous before and now it looks cartoonish. The versions with the globe overlay look cool but why was the beauty of the original piece sacrificed?

8. Lexie

No, it wont' be reverted. At least there are no current plans to. The way it is working now is the way it was designed to be - to align with all the other bows. The initial report of it being bugged this way came from the community. It's not like we go around trying to find ways to mess up set deco :) But I get it. Deco is an art and it does take time and patience to get it just the way we all want it. I'm sorry for the interference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.