Why you are not playing or stopped to play SotA? Poll Inside

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wextel, Jun 22, 2017.

?

The reasons why you are not playing SotA at the moment or why you quitted?

Poll closed Jul 2, 2017.
  1. Lack of variety in pve(mobs style etc.)

13.1%
  2. Lack of pvp (Places where encounter several people and have the sensation of fight for something)

3.9%
  3. Feeling of waste time due to the hard farming, grinding etc. neeeded for all without a return.

27.2%
  4. The loot table is a nightmare(many dragons must have a genetical problem, they don't have neckbone)

7.8%
  5. Performances of the game

12.1%
  6. The crafting cause all can make all so my trader game can't exist.

1.9%
  7. The crafting due to the fact i can totally loose tons of mats and gold, even on first or second try.

2.9%
  8. I don't have fun at all currently in any aspect of the game.

13.6%
  9. Other reasons(if you want post them pls)

8.7%
  10. I'm playing, and i love it exactly it is.

15.0%
  11. I'm playing but i recognize many of the problems above.

25.7%
  12. I'm playing, I understand the game is in development and that Portalarium truly cares about its fans

16.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I do not play SotA anymore for many reasons. But a great explanation why i find out so many that are still reading every step is wanting to see how the story of Portalarium will evolve with SotA.
    And if my personal assumptions will turn out the way i think or not.

1. How many will play the Game when it is released.
    2. Will they succeed to sustain a good income
    3. What business model will follow? F2P, Monthly Subscription / Will Seedinvest work out?
    4. How will the RMT Market turn out.
    5. How will the Game end up in Metacritics
    6. What will be the final look of the Combat System.
    7. Will we see Family Crests?
    8. How will the physical Rewards look when they will be shipped - will they create excitement in regards to quality or disappointment.
    9. Is there a interesting discussion going on about the development of Portalariums decisions i like to read and participate.
    10. Will they only need the current active players and will they sustain the game?
    11. Will they change how they interact with Players , what communication tools will they focus on - currently you see interesting changes happening.

12. Richard did say that the most successful Games in his career had been the ones with the greatest resistance he had to fight and "No" sayers.
    I wan´t to see if this Game proofs his position again. :)

So you can compare it with your small town country soccer club. Even if you only did play some years and do not play anymore - you still read everyday what is happening.

...who knows...maybe Richard is creating secretly a new Macintosh Ultima Solo Game and will suprise us with it as a Giveaway when the Game is released. Would freak out and make all Solo Gamers happy.

Cordelayne, 3devious and Sir Cabirus like this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

"Nothing to do in the game except grinding and socializing" will eventually be my answer if I stop playing. Right now I'm playing just to earn something off I'd already made a commitment to. So I'll be in the game regularly for that.

But in general, earning more rewards from grinding, or dealing with more variety of mobs in grinding, and the other options in the OP poll don't matter to me. If I get rewards from grinding, its still grinding, which is boring. If there is more mob variety in grinding, its still grinding, which is boring.

Cordelayne, Mortanius, Kaisa and 2 others like this.
  3. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Peoples are investing here,i don't really think RMT will turn out, it's one of the main features
    • Player Driven Economy: Deep crafting system where the best items are made by players and player items are the main source of loot found in the game. ( https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/ )
    PS: Albion Online made the mistake to kill the RMT and sell currency in official store, i don't think @Lord British will do it, he has a mind.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I was just going to watch this thread but I have to dig on this one sorry . . .

Previously his "No Sayers" came from outside the game and in the market AROUND the game. . . .

SotA has ALOT of "No Sayers" from within and that is the HUGE problem. This thread alone is a clear example of exactly what I mean.

The game has an "end game" and it has been reached by may and . . . . . . . . .

Cordelayne and Kaisa like this.
  5. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

For me, I have played very sparingly because I want to wait for a more finished game. That is just my personal preference and not a direct reflection on any particular issue. I simply don't have a lot of time to spend testing an incomplete product, so I have chosen to sit back and wait until the story, performance, etc. are in a better place. With story-completeness coming soon, I will likely be jumping back in within the next couple releases.

Nikko, Lord Ravnos and that_shawn_guy like this.
  6. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Weather was amazing so i went outside to have fun there.

Cordelayne, Anunnaki, Budner and 3 others like this.
  7. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I thought it was in his previous games also from within.

The Producers he referred to for example not giving them money for Ultima Online as they did not believe in it.

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

yes but look carefully at those words, producers (from his other games) true there is a lot from outside just like before . . . .

BUT this whole forum is players who have given at least 5 $ to even speak here and a lot have given much more and look above - - -

How many do you see do not have one MAJOR problem or another, not just the game in in development issues . . . . .

sorry I have to get off this thread just not conducive to any good thoughts or ideas peace

Mortanius, Wextel and FrostII like this.
  9. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

It will be intresting to see how the housing anf Lot market will turn out. Will prices rise or fall.

How will RMT Gamers react to new travel routes or travel ways.

I think if they release horses with that you can faster may impact vendor locations worth.

As a example.

antrax1990x likes this.
  10. Shade Baneborn

Shade Baneborn Avatar

I love the game.
    I love the way it's constantly changing/progressing and admire the devs hard work. I've never seen a game developed in this fashion; I think it's really cool that the devs are so open to listening to the players.

The only thing keeping me from playing more is that pesky thing called "real life"...work work work. :(

11. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Burned myself out playing too much already. Going to stay away for a couple of releases and see if it's become more interesting when I come back. The repetitive grind and no real sense of accomplishing anything just got to me. I'll be back though.

12. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

Haven't had a lot of time to play lately. But I am waiting for Inns and Story completion. Really really want to run through the stories, but I've been holding off.

Rada Torment likes this.
  13. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Remember SOTA has a Single Player Offline mode and it's great like that.

14. Valkaryie

Valkaryie Avatar

"The loot table is a nightmare(many dragons must have a genetical problem, they don't have neckbone)"
    Lol I love this.. The loot table is terrible, I've went many a times with my guildies to southern grunvald barrens to beat up the dragon for hours on end, 20, 30, 35 kills and you MAY get 1 ring... Maybe...

Something Antrax pointed out, removing Serpent Spine hally drops... Exactly how he explained it is how it is... That was kind of like a safe haven for middle tier players to go and make a little bit of money when they need to pay rent or buy regs or something.. The mines used to be a fallback but now they've been amped up and are rather hard for middle tier players, so how exactly are people supposed to make money who can't solo dragons and demons and all that? Because let me tell you... Those hammers and such that drop from mobs might MIGHT pay for the regs you spent to get them. Deep Ravenswood, alright for spider venoms and such but that's hard for a middle tier player as well, so how are they supposed to gain any money to even afford regs to go out and try and farm stuff to afford the regs they're spending lol? I surely haven't found out how.

I thought we was helping the lowbies and all? Serpent Spines and making the mines harder seems to be hurting them, what's the stuff that's supposed to have helped them maybe I need to farm that.

I still play the game, but I have quit a few times after getting burned out mining all day long only to make like 50k a day...
    And crafting? Don't even get me started on crafting, all the stuff people have had to blow up to get their skills up is insane. I'm never getting into crafting, I'll take my 50k ore a day and run with it.

Snikorts, Cordelayne, Kaisa and 2 others like this.
  15. warxnox

warxnox Avatar

Would love to give SotA it's chance back, but performance issues make playing the game really painful :'(

Cordelayne likes this.
  16. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Snikorts likes this.
  17. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I have to be honest and say that if I was a developer, this thread is going to be on my ignore list because it started with a very negative unconstructive bias. Otherwise I would need depression medication.

Mortanius and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  18. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I think part of the problem with your last choice, for folks who are still playing, is that the syntax of the statement, at least to me, indicates that "it's exactly perfect the way it is" And that's far from true... but there's no other option, so I picked that one since I am still playing :)

Tahru likes this.
  19. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Truer words were never written.

ps. I play daily and thoroughly enjoy it.

Mortanius likes this.
  20. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

This is simply false. You're likely doing something wrong if you're high level and this is the case for you. I am a fairly casual player, and only at adventurer level 84, and I can easily (with very little risk of death) farm Deep Ravenswood undead for an hour and come away with 4Kgp and 200 to 300k XP. When I get a little bit higher in skill/level, I am absolutely certain I'll be getting more than this. Also, 4k/hour actually isn't that bad. I'm not sure why you'd even be complaining about 4k/hour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.