why are light spells so pitiful??

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by guardianspif, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guardianspif

guardianspif Avatar

i mean lanturns are giving off more light iv got my light spell to 98 and frosted glass tablelamp on my lot is giving off more light. seriously everything is getting to the point where id rather play another game

2. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

leveling up light doesn't increase the potency, just the timer. Have you tried Night Sight?

discipleofweb likes this.
  3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Gauradianspif you may also want to consider changing the brightness settings in the options and turning off 'camera effects' if you are having issues with darkness. And valor is correct: leveling it is going to increase the timer not the potency. You can also keep the sun up longer on your client if you grab the innate for it in the Sun skill tree. And of course Night Sight :)
    Since this isn't necessarily a bug report I'm moving your post to the suggestion part of the forums.

FrostII likes this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@guardianspif is right about the level of the light being pretty low.

Chatele and Xandra7 like this.
  5. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Update on Light. Attunement DOES affect how strong hte light is, not just time. +300 attunement made it much stronger in power

Almost doubles in power but not distance

6. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

They truly like to keep everything dark. It has been this way for years............

7. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

One of the big problems with adjusting brightness due to the darkness is that, in order to make it truly effective, I've ended up washing out the daytime, especially anything white. I don't think the intent is to have to adjust brightness with the game's day/night cycle :)

I think it is a problem, though, because it does cause quite a bit of eye strain when it's really dark. I wouldn't mind the aesthetics nearly as much if that weren't the case.

Some torches are also pretty bad, when I was in Owl's Nest mine, I came across this lovely torch (on the path to the "upper" mining room) and my avatar was in near complete darkness just about where you can see me standing in the pic (I could go into the little alcove on the right and be completely engulfed in darkness). I put on the light spell so you can see where I am. I think I accidentally deleted the picture without the light spell, though :(
    [​IMG]

Lexie likes this.
  8. Serena Strangelove

Serena Strangelove Avatar

Wait ... what? You mean I can change my day/night cycle to extend daylight hours? If so, I will be very happy :D

Just from my personal experience so far ... I really don't like gameplay during the night cycle in SotA. I realize there are sun and moon spells that probably make use of the day / night phases, but it's just not a pleasant experience for me at night - even with the light spell it seems dark and difficult to see. (And before you say it -- no, even though in RL it's dark I don't need my gaming experience to mirror that exactly :p)

Gregg247 and Chatele like this.
  9. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Night vision is awful. I hate that spell.

Light spell radius getting larger i wouldn't not hate, thats for sure.

Chatele likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.