Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Devotional Duration Issue

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by Sorthious, Jun 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Reproduction Rate: Random

Blocker? No

Details: Sometimes when I use the Devotionals at Whyte Roc, I get 8hrs duration, instead of the 10hours that it should give. If i dismiss the buff and obtain the buff again I get the correct time. I talked to the owner of the town who told me that 10hours is the correct duration for that town.

[​IMG]

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4) System RAM: 15992
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics GPU RAM: 7825
    SDD: ADATA 550 240gigs

SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Linux.64.614.Date.05.30.17

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Thanks for the image. It cleared up some questions I was just gonna ask you :)
    Submitted under JIRA: 46867

3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I know how sometimes the blessings are giving less buff then they usually do, and have been wondering if it is because of not all the residents have loaded up yet? It seems like if I am in town for a while before I get them I get the full buff but if I run in fast and try and get them I need to get them 2-3 times to get the full buff to apply.

Sorthious likes this.
  4. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Yeah...it seems like the buff is being applied before the variable that determines how much of a buff to apply has been assigned the appropriate value.

Mac2 likes this.
  5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I am no techie like Chris but I think you are right on the money. If the scene is still collecting plot info the numbers will change with it. That is something I did not consider. For now, the best solution is to give it a moment to ensure you get the biggest buff. It looks like the fix will be rather complicated. Bug is open.

Mac2 likes this.
  6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I am not good with computers, but I do have good pattern recognition. I just noticed the pattern.

Lexie likes this.
  7. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I know only the basics of coding, but it seems a relatively easy fix. If you store, in a variable, the number of residents in a given town/city on the clients computer and then compare that to the current number of residents listed on the server, before any other town attributes are loaded, then the code would work properly. Just change the order in which the check for town occupation is done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.