Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Rent and the new Tenant Permission

Discussion in 'Release 43 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Deathadder, Jun 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Well then I'm preaching to the choir, no ill will intended as I'm sure you work your back side off too.

I honestly think sometimes the guys at Portalarium choose poor words to explain things which set wrong expectations. Having the "tools to do this on your own" is diffeent than a "built in system" for sure. It will be interesting to see if things develop to the latter, but I am not holding my breath.

The wait for this mechanic has been long but I am going to hold off a few more months to see what "tools" we end up with instead of jumping in on initial release.

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

All good.
    My point is just either we get a full system or we need no system at all.
    Locked doors, fine. Item limits, fine. But if there isn't an automatic way to collect the payment then we wasted time on a system nobody needs. I mean, this is a game, not RL.
    Ah, enough rage for one day ^^

Elwyn, cartodude and Retlaw like this.
  3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Great points, but I do think maintaining item ownership on another player's lot is an important feature needed to make renting viable at all.

Womby likes this.
  4. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

+100 :)

5. Dereck Visaard

Dereck Visaard Avatar

I understand the tech had to be implemented to separate tenant from owner permissions, but without the door permissions, IMO, you have not achieved a minimal viable product for R43. Please don't communicate that a 'rent system' is coming online without the door permissions. It's effectively useless without them IMO because it negates all aspects of privacy that a tenant would and should get on a property. @DarkStarr, can the door permissions please be prioritized for R43?

6. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

You can do this already with permissions, even before this system... Just had to collect rent manually.

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Or the whole system delayed untill r44 if it needs more time for full implimentation?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    cartodude likes this.
  8. Tristano Sforza

Tristano Sforza Avatar

But now it's not safe for the tenant! The owner can grab anything the tenant place on the lot

Womby likes this.
  9. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Build 513
    I cant get it right.
    Tenent Option is in the Lot Menu, but nothing else has changed.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Tristano Sforza

Tristano Sforza Avatar

I refer to the live server in reply to Solstar, not QA

Senash Kasigal likes this.
  11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

It might be neat to have doors have an activate permission to determine who the door would open for. Then it would be a very small leap to have crafted doors that can be placed anywhere with the same permissions.

Dereck Visaard likes this.
  12. Dereck Visaard

Dereck Visaard Avatar

I'm just imagining what it would be like in R43 without door permissions using the new Village Inn home. 20+ rooms where everyone drops stuff in everyone else's room. Yea....that won't work.. No one will want it. @Chris help us!

Time Lord likes this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I feel this way so often. I do think they said door permissions is what they are still trying to work out. So here's hoping they can do it and soon. This will add so much to the game to have a rental system that has a menu show-up on your door if you right click it or click on the door nob or wall if no door. And it should be if the tenant clicked on the door gives an option to 'PAY RENT. And yes yes yes some completeness please to fishing, agriculture and more.

14. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

True. I insulate myself against shady folk, so I have the luxury of forgetting they exist sometimes.

Tristano Sforza likes this.
  15. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I could totally be wrong, but it was my understanding the lot owner cannot take the tenant's things, just send them to the tenant's bank. I expect it to work like it does when sharing a vendor. If someone puts stuff in a vendor, the ownership maintains and the item either sells or goes back the owner of the item, not the owner of the vendor.

16. Tristano Sforza

Tristano Sforza Avatar

I refer to the actual R42 live server, not to the new rent system

17. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Have they said anything about a payment system, open rentals, etc... I would really prefer my properties manage themselves. Someone can go to the door if available rent it for the price posted and then the room is in their property list and they can pay me through that.

I don't want to have to hunt people down for a rent payment and put 30 day notices on the doors as they sneak out the back window.

cartodude likes this.
  18. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I have heard nothing about payment systems. That has been asked for in POTs since they started selling. I hope they eventually implement something.

cartodude likes this.
  19. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

If they added lot rental on pots I think that would kill housing. Taxes are already high enough, having to pay a rental to even place a taxable lot on top would be a lot.

20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I think that is the plan. Getting players houses to support others safely placing items was a big deal to get to work. So now we can have tenants and their stuff in our homes but the door permissions and options is probably what they are trying to work out. So here's hoping and I'm with you I want the rent to be payed automatically. The mail system is suppose to be tied into it. Rent payments will come to our in game mail or that was the plan. *crosses fingers they can make it work*

I would never charge taxes and rental. I want renting to be a chance for 'everyone' to enjoy housing and not be punished for not being able to spend real money to get it. I also want renting a room in an inn to be a viable place to stay for those who want to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.