1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Rock Me Avatarus Contest Submissions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

[​IMG]

This thread is for submissions and direct responses to submissions to the Rock Me Avatarus Contest ONLY. Please post questions in the Announcement Thread, as well as your suggestion for a title the participants will receive.

Have fun partying!

2. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

- PHOTOBUCKET wants me to give them money for my pictures....so they are gone.

"Bachelor Party"
    This is a bachelor party that was thrown for Jeff, the Grim Reaper. He didn't realize how many friends he had until everyone showed up!

Jason won't quit talking about how much he hates his "battleship" grey robe, and how he needs new glasses. Luckily, there were others at the party.

Paul swears he didn't touch the dancer. The entertainment didn't last long after this.

Luckily, there were some fireworks to keep this party going. It was raining hard, but Jeff still a great time.

There were a lot of party games that evening. Jeff's favorite was "the king is dead," which involves using a birthday cake as human bait and waiting around for a certain someone to show up.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Just substitute Avatarus for Amadeus :D:

4. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

"Telethon Party"
    Me and some folks, or better, some drink drunk friends, organized a Telethon tribute party in honour of Lord British.
    [​IMG]

After some drinks, people started to dance and the party became crazy, with strange or maybe weird dancing styles. Also a Spider and a Clockwork Angel join our party!
    [​IMG]

Our "sweet lady" started to use tables as dancefloor jumping all around following the musician’s notes!
    [​IMG]

Party members started to drop down their money on a magic pot, getting a rain of Telethon Reward.
    [​IMG]

All that just to wish our Lord British a memorable “Happy birthday!”
    [​IMG]

Organizers:
    Dhanas Moonwhisper
    Lou Cento
    Antrax Artek

Special guest:
    Aeso Wondah

5. weazel

weazel Avatar

Located in Port Graff, The Tempestry Tap & Tavern features outdoor seating and piano to rejuvenate the spirits weary travelers. If you are looking for a more quiet and intimate atmosphere pull up a drink and a seat next to the fire.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Grimace2, Berek, Net and 6 others like this.
  6. Grape-Ape

Grape-Ape Avatar

Board Game Night at the Point West Nordic Hall of Valor​
    The EVL guild participated in a Chess/Checkers Board game tournament at the Point West Nordic Hall of Valor located next to the Shrine of Valor in the Point West city center. The food and drinks were good, the games were great, and the music was intense!
    [​IMG]
    The finals were close and quite heated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The championship round took place in the stone arena basement with spectators cheering on the contenders.
    [​IMG]
    It was a great time and culminated with a birthday tribute to Lord British.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  7. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

Pity Party

My house and my party is located in Ardoris. As you can see from the photos taken it was to be a grand event. I even went out of the way to have Novia largest cheese selection. Alas the fates had other plans. The plague struck in Ardoris and ever since nobody wanted to come there to party. So, I helped myself to and any and all food, then drank myself to sleep. Lord British I hope your birthday is better than the Ardoris plague!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

Wake UP Party

Welcome to the Wake Up Party - Located at the corner of Hutchinson Heights and the Royal Thoroughfare in Central Brittany.

Now just like every Saturday morning, we were busily preparing our studio for the wonderful citizens of Novia. This Saturday however, was going to be extra special because we were celebrating Lord British's Birthday! Selene welcomed our guests as they arrived and we kicked of our regular show with
    Lost in Novia. This is where Listeners get to help us find 'Baldo' as we hide him every week in one of the many new scenes. This week we had him hidden in the Blood River Outskirts! The Party was certainly getting into full swing and at the top of the hour we played our favourite 4th of July Game - The King's Favour - This game was created with the assistance of Lord British himself and we asked listeners about 5 of the Kings favourite things. Correct guesses were rewarded with Golden Cotos and at the end of the game everyone wished Lord British a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

The fun and frivolity continued with Selene's Best Bets for the weekend and our Secret Sound which had jackpotted recently to 60 thousand gold. This was finally won making it an even more fantastic celebration!
    The party continued right up until the end of our show -

What better way to start your Saturday, than a dance party in Shroud of the Avatar!!!

Here I am sweeping the dance floor ahead of our show.
    [​IMG]

Selene is seen here welcoming our guests.

[​IMG]

The party is in FULL SWING!
    [​IMG]

Everyone wishing Lord British a Happy Birthday!
    [​IMG]

**********************************************************************************************************************

If anyone wants to try the King's Favour for themselves. How well do you know the king???

9. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

Hello all, and welcome to The Moongate Travelers July 4th Dance Party located at Rift's End. [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/IMG] Avatars Radio DJ Jakdaw got the party started at 11am and it ran till 1pm. The event was broadcast live on Avatars Radio http://avatarsradio.info/
    [​IMG]
    As you can see people were arriving all through the event. Our very own Dinsoo and Kvow entertaining the dancers by playing with fire!
    [​IMG]
    We held a best outfit contest. Wear anything or nothing Jakdaw was the judge. Who would he pick?

1st Prize was taken by Mia Sway of House Serenite of Grunvald,
    2nd prize Schneider DragonFang of The Pretorian Knights and
    3rd prize was won by Grinchy Krabnvir of The Moongate Travelers Congrats to our winners.

As we wound down we had to give a special shout out to Lord British. Happy Birthday!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thank you to all who came out to our 4th of July celebration and dance party.

10. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

A PARTY OF ONE

I don't host parties and I rarely go to one because I spend most of my time in New Britannia mining for ores or gathering resources but I do enjoy decorating. For this contest, I redecorated the fourth floor of my Ornate Greenhouse Row House in Bladewyke to have a party ambiance.

Bladewyke is a player owned town governed by @Brass Knuckles and it's right next to Etceter. You will find my Ornate Greenhouse Row House right near the entrance.

Here are some screenshots for your viewing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORD BRITISH

[​IMG]

11. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

R43 Welcome Quest After Party in Festival

By Royal Warrant to serve Lord British, we present to you a player ran quest where you find adventure and fun.“ – Lord Gréagóir Pendragon

Each Release means a new Welcome Quest, a way for players (old and new) to visit new Player Owned Towns and learn from its Governor. After the R43 Welcome Quest, everyone was invited for an After Party! It’s the perfect time to celebrate Lord British’s Birthday as well! Actually, it’s Festival, so give us any excuse and it’s time for a P-A-R-T-Y!!!

The location is “The Underground” on the first level of the basement of the Festival Chalet. The Underground is a Kobold-Techno Dance Club motif with break-out parlors, mixing drink laboratory, kitchen and many forms of music. The latest musical addition is the new and completely awesome crafted grand piano!

The friendliest composer in Novia Aengus Piper is on the piano, Lord British Birthday Cake and his shield in center, and the people are rolling in to have fun!

[​IMG]

As the party heats up, people are grabbing their welcome torches and letting down their hair. Lots of "Welcome Torches" are being lit with their special glow!

[​IMG]

Now in full swing, it's anything goes time! Lots of dance music being belted out by Engineer!

[​IMG]

With a grand piano like this, it's time for playing "Great Balls of Fire"! (Couldn't resist) Cyin's light on his feet in many different ways. :)

[​IMG]

As the party winds down, people didn't want to leave. Even Greagoir is in on the dancing! No closing time in Festival, though -- the party isn't over until the last person leaves!

[​IMG]

Shout outs go to: Gréagóir Pendragon, Tila Tenderfoot, Cyin, Aengus Piper, Havoc, and everyone who attended!

Duke Gréagóir, Berek, Engel and 9 others like this.
  12. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

Previously . . .

The impressive notions of space travel
    have left the more inventive Kobolds
    starry-eyed.
    [​IMG]

Deep within Dark Hart 1
    rests the abandoned
    Kobold space exploration technology

[​IMG]

Meeting with failure attempt after attempt
    the Kobolds abandoned their search
    for an avatar who has
    exceeded the limitations of
    gravity

Presently . . .

[​IMG]

Avatars continue the yearly celebration
    with a grand feast
    and musical accompaniment
    in honor of Lord British

[​IMG]

Will he set foot
    within the rocket
    and aid in
    Novians reaching
    BEYOND THE CIRCLES OF THE SUNDERED MOON

[​IMG]

or will a good time
    simply
    be had by all

as we celebrate
    the birthday of Lord British!

1In North Paladis, East of Harvest, and along the Abundis river near White Hart, Stryker Sparhawk governs the caverns of Dark Hart.

[ Stay tuned for behind the scenes making of this contest entry . . . ]

Berek, Hazard, Engel and 12 others like this.
  13. EclipseMaiden

EclipseMaiden Avatar

"Life is a Beach"
    Calypso Beach, Celestial Gardens, Novia

[​IMG]

Welcome Ladies and Gentleman to the best way to spend a party: surrounded by friends, sun, and the ocean! While at the beach, party-goers enjoy relaxation in the sun, but don't worry sunblock is but an arms reach away!

[​IMG]

Some prefer to maintain that perfect tan, while others venture out to the docks! Back-flipping and dancing anything can happen! But nothing beats a quick dip in the ocean to combat the heat!

[​IMG]

But there is always time for CAKE! And to wish Lord British the Happiest of Birthdays! May he reign forever more!

[​IMG]

To finish off the perfect party: relax with the one you love in the hot tub or tent! Or join us Pyros on the beach to dance the night away! Anything can happen at the beach! I guess that's why they say...Life is a Beach!

14. Redzz

Redzz Avatar

Fire and Ice Bar
    New establishment has just opened up and hosts a large range of regular ales and spirits as well as its own signature drinks such as the Flaming Beard and the Frozen Glove.
    Please join us in wishing Lord British a happy birthday and raising a drink.

No Bookings Required.
    A fire elemental is your barkeep with extensive knowledge of beverages, with abilities to make your drinks as hot or cold as you like.
    [​IMG]
    Glacial ice frozen in time keeps your drinks cold.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cheers can be heard for Lord British at the pre-opening drinks event
    [​IMG]

15. Selene

Selene Avatar

Dinner Party At the Serpent's Watch Brewery

The Serpent's Watch Brewery is here for your next special event...

[​IMG]

Located Lake side in the town of Serpent's Watch, the Brewery is a mere stone's throw from Brittany's most posh and popular neighborhoods.

[​IMG]

Our staff is always excited to make your special evening the most memorable....

[​IMG]

Our on-staff photographer will document your special event, so you may reflect on your wonderful experience for many years to come.

[​IMG]

For more intimate gatherings, the flame room can accommodate the private needs of your VIPs. In fact, we were just getting ready for a certain sovereign's special day!!!

[​IMG]

If things get too hot in the flame room during your party, remember, you can take a quick dip in the upstairs hottub and admire the view of the lake and the beautiful Novian sky. Astrolabes available by request.

No matter the special event -- engagement party, office gathering, or big birthday.. Think of the Serpent's Watch Brewery - Your party awaits....

16. vegasblt

vegasblt Avatar

Party For One!!

I do not own property but wanted to have a party for Lord British, so I found a tent and watched the stars. A party for one! A peaceful way to enjoy Lord British's Birthday!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

Adultima the community night club named by Lord British

[​IMG]
    Adultima has been a party mecca for a year and a half. The location has been home to many birthday parties, and other celebrations, and was the inspiration for the @Shooter Jenning's Countach album release after party. On the opening night of the night club, Lord British came and gave it the name it carries. The Night Club celebrates the community and the amazing individual talents. This is a tribute to team effort and not an individual. The original base design came from @Athanil after we talked about my vision. The current design was built as team effort from people from multiple guilds, including Memento Mori, Paxlair, Port Phoenix, Avatar's Radio, of course Order of Chivalry, and many others. Also, I would like to add we currently welcome Avatar's Radio live DJ event each Friday night. (Thank you @Jakdaw Foxlauden) We have been pleased to be the location of @Stryker Sparhawk's Happy Hour more than once, and hope to again in the future. More than once someone has messaged me and wanted to show someone the club, and sure enough, a party starts. The venue just seems to want people to dance! On Thursday, July 6th, Adultima will go PVP for the Tournament for the King event.

Last night we started on the surface, in the ruins, for the @Lord British's Birthday Bash and then moved to Adultima. We had at least 30 at a time and 50 +/- attend over the event.

This is a City Arena Basement and every space is used, even the secret room, but for that you will have to visit the club. (Maybe Friday nights for @Jakdaw Foxlauden's set)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Firework's are hard to catch in screen shots because we all get so into watching them :)

[​IMG]

Although this does not meet the sizing rules I have included it because it holds the spirit of the venue and it was from opening night:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    Grimace2, Berek, Time Lord and 5 others like this.
  18. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

I'm not one for parties. I don't dance. I don't mingle well. I often end up falling over and making a fool of myself. Still, I decided to attend this one party. R43 was a big deal to me and I wanted to see what others liked about it, too. It was much more lively than I expected. Music was playing loudly, people were dancing, and overall I felt uncomfortable. After a while I realized everyone at the party was overall acting goofy and I figured, "What the hell? I'll give it a shot."

The music playing was a rock song, so I decided to do the normal head bang tolerated by the rock group. Am I doing it right?
    [​IMG]

After a while I noticed that a lot of the party stopped dancing and just started staring at me. Jarred, I looked for a seat and sat down until the heat wore off me. Still, people would occasionally glance my way in silent puzzlement. Even the sparkly man was perplexed!
    [​IMG]

And that was the last straw! If I'm going to be frowned at by a goof, then I need to be the bigger goof! I'm not leaving this party with my head down in shame. I'm going to do a silly dance and I'm going to OWN IT! I thought of the silliest, absolutely strangest dance I could come up with. One so horribly awful that it *HAD* to be good. Then it came to me... The STARRLTON! I got up, lifted a leg and my arms in an awkward fashion. Then I did it again with the next leg, again lifting my arms up in a clearly unprofessional manner. Then again, and again, and again. It was a hit! No one was goofier than me and I am proud of it!
    [​IMG]

... Except that dude in the assassins garb doing the happy dance. What's up with that guy?

19. Net

Net Avatar

4Brain Afterparty

After 4Brain events, there is always option to hang out for an afterparty. Without any doubdt, the most popular place is the bar. Offering usual drinks, unusual coctails, tropical fruit, and variety of fresh fish from the surrounding ocean. There is also some room between tropical vegetation and on the bleachers for imprmptu dance.
    [​IMG]

The second most popular place (not counting the outhouse) is the hottub where both the contestants and the spectators can find refuge from the heat.
    [​IMG]

And when it gets really cold at night, people can warm up by the big hearth.
    [​IMG]

20. Rudyard

Rudyard Avatar

Welcome to "The Beer Garden - Bar and Grill" Located In the POT of Crossroads. My name is Rudyard and I own this fine establishment and would like to welcome all to visit my beautiful location and our lovely town. The Beer Garden offers every food available in Novia and welcome events and party's.
    [​IMG]
    Here is a map to the Location of the bar. A short walk from the entrance of the zone.
    Area: Crossroads (POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Crossroads) Loc: (144.1, 39.0, -336.1)
    [​IMG]
    Now lets step around back and check out the patio and grill area. We have a small deck with tables and chairs for the people that would like some privacy and quiet dinning. Next to the grill is the chess board "available during the day" and a large buffet open to all patrons. During the day The Beer Garden is a local hangout for adventures wary from their travels.
    [​IMG]
    The patio. Tables can be reserved anytime.
    [​IMG]
    A side view of the Grill area. All food is cooked on site by our master chef Rudyard "ME"!
    [​IMG]
    The smoker going for the evenings party.
    [​IMG]
    The inside of the bar before the noise starts. Bartender Buhb just got in an order of Novian Dragon Mead. Tonight will be one to remember.
    [​IMG]
    As night falls the guests start to show up for a small celebration of Lord British's birthday.
    [​IMG]
    Many drink are had inside the bar area with our master mixologist Buhb. We have tons of mead, beers and wines on stock. Something for everyone's taste.
    [​IMG]
    As night falls we step out onto the converted dance stage to party hard.
    [​IMG]
    and the dancing, drinking and singing begins.
    [​IMG]
    And as midnight hits we give a salute to a great man :) We all love and appreciate you Mr Lord British!
    [​IMG]
    There are still many parts of The Beer Garden that I don't have time to show you unfortunately. It is also location of an after hours nightclub in the basement and a super secret fighting ring, but that will have to wait for another time.
    [​IMG]
    Thank you Portalarium for holding this amazing event for the community. And great job everyone else who participated, loved all the entry's. :) To end this post I present to you the aftermath of the party.
    [​IMG]

I would Like to thank all the Lunar Dragons who helped me with this event and a big thank you to Dread Pirate, Infernal, Laurana Darkwolf, Gwek, Skye Drifter, Paulus d'abaujvariens, Chadwyck and Elain Strongbow. This community is the best I have seen, everyone keep up the great work!

I know my post was a lot longer than it's supposed to be but I couldn't help it. I had way too much fun with this event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.