Features you'd like to see in Shroud of the Avatar

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by cs2501x, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenryuu

Kenryuu Avatar

Crossover material with the Star Citizen universe. A crashed Vanduul ship in a farmers field, and a talking space lizard that tasted quite good.

Alternatively maybe explorers might find a chunk of Artemis up in the mountains.

Time Lord and jondavis like this.
  2. Sivon

Sivon Avatar

First of all, i am so happy for this project. I really can not wait to play this wonderful game. And your communication with your future players is amazing.

If we have guilds and detailed craft skills in the game, i think it would be amazing.

3. Alasti

Alasti Avatar

It is Very important that choices have consequences. Maybe not permanent death (too harsh) but I loved in UO that when you died you lost what was on you....a monster or person could come by and pick up your stuff. Made every fight EXCITING!!! THAT is what today's games lack....real excitement...when accomplishments mean something...and I would love to see an accomplishment in SotA be...staying alive!

jondavis likes this.
  4. Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar Avatar

It would be nice if new craftables had to be researched and tested before attaining the "secret"(recipe) of how to craft them rather than a new option in the crafting menu just appears one day after a content update.

5. Arma Dragon

Arma Dragon Avatar

For me, four things are importants :

1) Living NPC's.
    Give them life, schedule, affairs, make them sleep, and work... in towns, and all over the land. Create familys, send children in another towns to study, for hollydays or whatever, and let us meet them all around the map. It makes life, remember : it creates worlds
    2) Chests.
    We need chests, with treasures, armors, potions, gold, etc. There is no chests anymore in games, can you tell me why? Hide them, defend them, we'll find them.
    3) Sleeping and eating
    To feel real life, we need our Avatar to sleep, and eat, and drink and take a bath sometimes. You did so 20 years ago (not the bath, ok, but why not?). Why couln'd we find again what was possible in 90's?
    4) The Hoe of destruction.
    Give me back my Hoe. There can't be no good game without the Hoe of destruction (or, if you insist the Shovel of terror or the Rake from Hell, but only if you insist)

jondavis likes this.
  6. Cik

Cik Avatar

An organic world, as felt with Pre-Trammel UO, where the emphasis of atmosphere, partying, adventuring, crafting, merchandising, open-world player & community conflict, cooperation, risk and reward are present.

I'd also like a server named Baja :)

And please a more old-school mix of bardic theme music differing for a variety of environmental elements, locations and engagements.

jondavis likes this.
  7. 3DMaster

3DMaster Avatar

Non-lethal combat and weapons + possibility of taking people prisoner or letting them go: a moral choice to kill someone (like say kids), is only a choice to do so, if you have alternative choices.

8. Tibs

Tibs Avatar

My name and other information should not be displayed to others, nor should theirs theirs appear to me, until we have interacted meaningfully, such as by being introduced, or performed a transaction, or perhaps by engaging in combat with one another.

9. cheshire

cheshire Avatar

Someone mentioned volunteer jobs such as they had (have?) in UO, how about a volunteer as an antagonist? Risky, I know, but with some form of reporting system to weed out people that should not have this job it may work. This is also something you can already do if it's what you want to play, but I'd prefer to have my personal character separate from the villain character (or hero if an antagonist to villains) I might be playing.

10. Avatar the Avatar

all the major dungeons from Ultina's 4-7 and maybe a few of the U3 pits as well since the map odviously represents a remenescent U3. Consequences for your actions in both single and multi-player modes, city-states rather than townes. villages remain unchanged though. Since RG mentioned steam, I'd say one or a scant few steam-powered vehicles a train or two.(lol-maybe a bit much though) no "Stanley Steamers" please, that's way too modern.

11. D__

D__ Avatar

sorry if already suggested (still reading through all the posts), but how about the knight tier be given a war horse that will enable both quicker travel and combat assistance?

12. Owain

Owain Avatar

Horses that can be ridden are not planned to be a part of the initial release.

13. D__

D__ Avatar

that's fine...it can be "stabled" or "in transit from another location" until they are implemented.

14. beastvold

beastvold Avatar

Guilds for social community AND in game support. For example, since it sounds like housing will be limited, allow guild halls with some of the specialty benefits of housing, but shared among group members. Entrance is only allowed to guild members, and there is an application process for entry into the guild. Guild halls could have healing stations, basic equipment shops, and communal gathering points. Guild members could pool money together to buy upgrades for their hall.

15. curiousvalkyrie

curiousvalkyrie Avatar

I love rpg's that allow you to choose your dialogue, and have great influence on the direction a story will go (big fan of bioware rpgs). While I'm expecting this to a degree, I hope this is central, and that there are often more than just 2 different lines of dialogue choices available (even if only 2 actually advance the plot/story).

16. curiousvalkyrie

curiousvalkyrie Avatar

Oh, also the ability to make notes/draw on maps. A feature that I imagine can't be that hard to implement, yet is rarely available in games, but immensely useful when so.

jondavis likes this.
  17. Jothyn

Jothyn Avatar

give crafters ways to make things special Examples: assorted wood grains and stains or paint with unique looks. Dye tubs with colors on a color wheel including sliders with brightness and contrast. Give crafters the chance to have a special color that they created used in game like john doe green as a standard color that you can get at the tailor shop that only that person makes to earn himself money. If you make most things craftable and only raw materials at general stores crafts become more important this way crafters will make money making the stuff and selling to general store or varied shops like tailor, potion,armor and wood. Make crafter stuff as good or even better then the drops in dungeon or around the world makes crafting important. Set up tatoo parlors in the markets have a few basic tatoos
    then have other ones made by rl people so when you show it it says made by john doe see if you can get a real tatoo
    artist to have their designs used! Nothing gives a crafter a better thrill the to see his stuff used by someone ( total bragging rights!!!!!) Give the crafter the tools to customize You can even set it up so jewelery is only created Example:different gems do different things size makes it more powerful Customize is much as possible different metal different settings different gems let all crafts have makers marks that not only have name but when made if made by a GM

jondavis likes this.
  18. Jothyn

Jothyn Avatar

In regards to tattoos make it for different areas of body Example: left side upper back right side upper back face upper leg lower leg ankle foot

19. KernelPanic

KernelPanic Avatar

I haven't read all posts and I hope someone of Portalarium is still reading this: since farming is in I would like to see the ability to grow our own spices. Those spices will be used to season the food we eat. And maybe spiced food could do something extra. Give a special, short buff or make you glow in the dark.

20. ☆Ritechezfire - RSF☆

☆Ritechezfire - RSF☆ Avatar

You know... whilst we're not looking at mounts... that Knight's horse could just be a "house pet" that is able to "guard" the knight's domain. Just sayin' ;-) The villagers could get an old donkey :p

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.