Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feedback - Blood River Outskirts

Discussion in 'Release 43 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Raven Swiftbow, Jun 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

I have a few thoughts after spending 5 hours in Blood River Outskirts:

- First, on a newb character going through the Blood River scene, you are told to go to Aerie. There is a *very* brief one-line mention about Blood River Outskirts.

- When you leave Blood River, all of the location names are (by default) in Runic - so you can't tell what's Aerie, what's Blood River, etc. [Now, as a seasoned player I know to go to my setting and turn on the "show translated names" - but a brand new player is not going to know this.]

- If it happens to be night time when you leave Blood River, you don't even see Blood River Outskirts because it's too far from Blood River and too dark. [Yes, I possibly could have adjusted my screen settings to make it a little clearer, but again, a new player is not going to be messing with that sort of thing right off the bat.]

Now, on a positive note:
    - I love the scene, the points of interest, etc.
    - I love the basic concept behind the truth struggle questline.
    - Despite some of the issues I found with the scene, it was enjoyable enough for me to spend, literally, hours running around and exploring.

Unfortunately, back to the things which I think needs to be improved:

- Because of the size of this scene, you really need a map of some kind. It's nice that the landmarks are placed onto your compass bar once you discover them - but because of the varying up and down terrain, plus the river, those compass marks are not very helpful. At one point I was trying to find my way back to the Elf Refugee Camp and I could see it on the compass, but could not easily get to it. I probably spent more than half an hour trying to figure out how to get back to it. Like unto the "Map of Solace Bridge," there needs to be a "Map of Blood River Outskirts" that new players receive, perhaps from the Elf commander.

- And I really, really hate to admit this, but I will - I spent 3+ hours [I kid you not] looking for the vigilante camp and never did find it. I found many points of interest, including the elf that teaches an emote [not giving details so as to not spoil it for others], and the beautiful tree with the candles, but never could find the vigilante camp. Killed every vigilante that crossed my path, raised skills on the newb toon like crazy [again, this is very positive], but still could not find the vigilante camp. And I know it's there because there was a bug report on part of it - and I even had some coordinates I could try to use to find it [at that point I broke down and turned on loctrack, which a newb would not know about], and even then, with the coordinates, I could not locate it because of the up and down terrain.

So. Overall - great scene, a lot of potential. I know that polishing is still ongoing with it. I would recommend a map, even if it has to be a 'scroll map' like the "Map of Solace Bridge" or there just has to be some kind of hints/markers/something to help new players locate the vigilante camp.

2. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah I cannot find the spider cave for a quest.

It would be nice to have a map or have locations marked on the compass to find easier.

I think the way to the Vigilante camp is -

1. From the exit where the corrupted elves spawn, go left.

2. Keep going straight across the tree bridge where you jump in the middle.

3. Eventually you run into a vigilante that does not attack, from there go straight until the first chance to go right on the trail. He also gives you the password to get in.

4. The camp should be straight on from there.

3. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I actually died to the spiders on my new toon, lol. But alas, I cannot tell you exactly how to find them. I am going to try running around in that scene on a higher level character today.

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I think we were supposed to leave by a boat and arrive in the outskirts but because robert says go to aerie, you wander off to novia and wander. my experiences of the blood river outskirts so far would put me off the game not entice me in

Sir Grant likes this.
  5. Sir Grant

Sir Grant Avatar

So many broken quest in there. I'm lost.

6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

yep, i find myself blithering around and while I have mentally mapped a few bits...... its like I know a few bubbles, but not necessarily always where exactly they are.. and if I thought I knew how to get there its like they moved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.