1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Summer Telethon 2017 Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

It isn't 'more of it', it's just using the mechanic we already have.

I think you're the one proposing a false choice. This isn't a choice between having a reroll mechanic and doing away with durability loss altogether. If it was I'd be with you, but until the devs decide to re-do the whole system I'd rather have an option to reroll than no option to reroll and this seems to me a reasonable way to do it.

We're told, repeatedly, we're in the last 20%, mechanics and gameplay ought to be done, not much point asking questions about it?

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  2. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

It's using more of the (terrible) mechanic we already have.

It's a choice between a mechanic that won't actually work very well (reroll with durability loss) and not giving the devs an excuse to pretend they've put any effort into the crafting systems.

Given that crafting isn't done or close to it even if you don't think MW/enchant needs a rework, it's more than a little offensive that they keep saying this.

3. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

So according to this logic right now the devs don't have any excuse. What is that getting you? Why are we not allowed to try and make the existing system better just because you want a completely different system?

majoria70 and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

Because you aren't making the system better. 2/2 gear is already a miserable pain in the ass to use, we don't need to compound that problem by increasing the durability hit on every upgrade by 5, which is basically what this would do. The correct solution to this problem is just to let us choose the upgrade we want from all available upgrades. It doesn't restrict chance, because the main RNG element is still on failure chance. It's also an easier change to make in terms of development resources.

5. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

And they said during the telethon they're not going to let us do that. What's your next move?

Rufus D`Asperdi likes this.
  6. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

Starr said as a response to an unanswered question using faulty logic and an outright lack of knowledge about how the actual system works. Which is about par for the course for crafting.

Nevertheless, making a bad system worse doesn't help.

7. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@DarkStarr please do not remove start on world map - without adding an in game way to accomplish the same, i.e. a new kind of craftable scroll or spell - instead of burning a teleport or recall . Convenience and maneuverability is important to keeping the game fun.

niteowl57 and Acred like this.
  8. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I want to point out, at least my question was worded generically. I'm perfectly happy with only sales data (not posting data). I keep meaning to put stats up on my site, but I'm mostly interested in this type of thing, so it hasn't been worth the effort (and I've been kind of slammed the last week. Unfortunately for me next week isn't looking better)

As to the API getting spammed by people using multiple servers, if that starts happening, it sounds like keys may be required :(

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Wow, most of the questions are about gameplay mechanics and UI!

10. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

Hi @DarkStarr ,

I just found out that you didn't understand my question.
    "Elfenwahn (Roterik Phileasson): When will the visual of "magic armor" be improved to a state similar to the new great new visuals of spells like healing magic?
    Not sure what you are referring to with “magic armor”"

I meant the visual effect displayed on my character when I wear any armor that was enchanted by alchemy (magic armor).

Stundorn likes this.
  11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Did you experience the original enchantment glow, @Elfenwahn?

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Glowpiss.

majoria70 likes this.
  13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Word.

Barugon likes this.
  14. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

Changing the color from yellow to blue isn't really the graphical improvement I was speaking about.

15. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yep. each iteration has been better, but better does not necessarily mean above zero. i just don't wear enchanted stuff but for a ring anymore. i wish i could not see it on other people too.

16. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

It is highly exploitable, simply log out and log back in. Travel as leisure, tbh it breaks the whole point of traveling the world and takes difficulty out of the game.

This feature needs to removed, it's the same thing with /stuck....can just teleport back to your zone in spot at no cost.

Both of these need to be looked at and revamped.

17. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

This guy is spot on, 100% and these issues need to be resolved to reach PVP focused players along with many other issues, but you need to start somewhere..

I'm trying to remain optimistic and support the game as well but it seems the route pvp is going is leaning more and more geared towards the non pvp crowd. It seems SotA doesn't like the idea of actually being able to damage someones property or a actual guild war mechanic. They said there is no intentions on a PVP system like there was in UO, as well used in other games like Mortal Online + many others. This is literally the best pvp criminal system in the history of online gaming..... No joke, this game needs UO criminal system like yesterday.

With a feature going to added here shortly making everyone the same adventure level and skill level upon zone entry, this is complete trash for so many reasons I could write a book about it. This will kill pvp player crowd even further, 100%. People want to be competitive and work on the character development then fight with that, not play some arena death match on this game, there is many other games with this feature basically a medieval version of call of duty..

I strongly disagree with making this game less and less hardcore PvP oriented, adding features like this is going to end up with a crowd that calls pvp /duel and wants to /hug /dance and stare at pixels/decorations in their houses. This may make some player base happy, which is fine the game needs to be for everyone. I think it's very clear you guys have covered the "blue" player side of things. You really need to address the more hardcore pvp side of things along with open world pvp with high risk/reward game play.

Please make some changes going towards a more hardcore mind set of pvprs, there are already many ways to avoid pvp for those that don't want a part of it. No joke the game right now is 95% blue 5% red.... Let's try to balance that? Please?
    @Chris @DarkStarr

On a positive note there is quite a few changes on that list that have awesome potential and I'm looking forward to :D

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    fantalio likes this.
  18. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

game will have to be bugproof first. there are places you can get stuck that you can't stuck out of and scrolls are interrupted. there's also been updates that cause crashes in specfic areas; how do you get out if you can't walk? put a cooldown on it, a lot more than the 20 seconds it takes for your char to leave game, but do not remove.

Chatele likes this.
  19. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

That's fine, /stuck is all good just needs to have some verification that your actually stuck not just exploiting it. As far as the start of world map, hands down needs removed at some point. I understand this is early access.

20. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

although i wear enchanted gear and was glad to have the color changed to blue - i still want to not glue at all :p

except the Shroud of the Avatars light source - thats not usefull in a sense of havng light but looks good to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.