Is archery epic???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2112Starman, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

2. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

O great... here comes the nerf hammer.

Chatele likes this.
  3. Nataurz

Nataurz Avatar

Nothing to write home about in that video

4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Chatele, Retro, cartodude and 2 others like this.
  5. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Fire mages can AOE green mobs a lot faster but it was still good.

cartodude and Nataurz like this.
  6. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

Archery is not epic, at all.

belijaal, Chatele, Retro and 7 others like this.
  7. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

Such a silly misguided post. It takes so long to kill those wolves

If you would have used your main str based playstlye and used bodyslam / ground pound/ earth quake.

That pack would die in 3 moves. So 60 focus to kill that whole pack, vs the 140 or more you use to single kill each wolf with rapidshot.

Just reminds me why I walked away from playing the game. No constructive posts on fixing trees anymore. Just a lot of complaining about what's stronger

belijaal, Chatele, Retro and 6 others like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Nataurz, cartodude and Hornpipe like this.
  9. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

I guess it's epic if you add buffs from earth, air, and sun, some earth spells, along with healing grace? Seems like a lot of stuff that is not archery......

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It still didn't look epic.

Nataurz, Spinok and Hornpipe like this.
  11. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

When I look at this, I don't see an archer. I only see a man with a bow who use stone fist.

I find that it is insulting to be compared to a person with such lack of style.

:p

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    cartodude and Snikorts like this.
  12. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

teach me to click skills oh jedi master...

Nataurz and Hornpipe like this.
  13. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

love it! love it!!! Let me guess... people who are archers. Amazing how people in this game always protect their uber skills.

Id love someone to show in a video taking out ~4 obsidian wolfs (and more) at one time with any other skill class as quickly when the skills are at 60. Bring it on! I could have doubled that number I had and still walked out.

How about multiples of 1000 hp skels (yellow con to lvl 96)

It wasn't hard to make these, I made 2 runs and recorded 2 runs.... I can do more that are a lot harder.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/158694851

As a reminder, we are in this game to test it and help them balance the game which includes reporting such things. Sorry lol...

I dont think Archery needs to be nurfed at all, I just think they need to continue working on other skills to mke them better like blunt and say earth (since they nurfed it to crud and far to hard).

Starting with a pool of 100K, it took me literally ~4 hours of framing to get bow skill up to what I showed in the video and its a stronger build then the past 6 months of getting all 5 blunt skills up to gm.

On a side note, I do believe the devs have made Bows and blades so powerful right now probably because they have found that they are the two things that 90% of new people to the game pick up so it makes sense.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Numa, Cream2, Stundorn and 1 other person like this.
  14. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The story does direct people to play archers because it's the most polished. Would stand to reason that the skills are more polished.

Assuming we can use reason around here.

discipleofweb likes this.
  15. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

probably could be hit with some more balance to be honest but all things need it as well.

I think your str is playing a big role in your dmg so maybe a drop in the amount of bonus from it?

16. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

When I was doing the lich room with my heavy war hammer, my offense was pure bludgeon. 5 ground pound, 5 knockdown, 3 crushing blow. Now that I use a bow, my offense is pure bow. 5 rapid fire, 5 aimed shot, 1blinding shot, 4 multi shots. My bludgeon tree was just at gm power, my bow has 120 aimed shot, 120 rapid fire and 120 base ranged and the rest of the key skills are gmed. All the rest of my gear is exactly the same, I was the same level, all other skills were the same. I was 25% faster killing the lich room with my bludgeon then I am with the bow. This was due to ground pound dealing a lot of damage to all of them each time, the auto attacks and other attacking hitting multiples as well. And lets not forget the cc made it safer as I was knocking them down and stunning them.

"love it! love it!!! Let me guess... people who are archers. Amazing how people in this game always protect their uber skills."

Ya, I use a bow, that does not make what I said false though, and if this is what you think when anyone ever opposes your idea, this is your way of denying what was said, and justifying what you say.

"I dont think Archery needs to be nurfed at all, I just think they need to continue working on other skills to mke them better like blunt and say earth (since they nurfed it to crud and far to hard)."

With the title and what you are typing, this is not the impression people are getting from your post, just look at the very first comment. If this is really what you were after, maybe the title should be something like, "does bludgeon need some help?".

Chatele, Retro, Cream2 and 6 others like this.
  17. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Just went back to bludgeon to see if it was better than before.... after base swings of 6, 6, 8, crit-14... I'd said no. Even the glyphs were in the low 20's now and missed more times than hit. Conversely, my much lower sword levels give much higher damage.

Bow is still really high, but I just find this type of kiting to be so illogical and real-world physically impossible that I cannot play it.

King Robert likes this.
  18. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

On 96 level you kill few wolfs... Try multishot, its a king of any 5level zone )
    Yeah archer good, but they have a huge amount of negative sides, fighters have much less of them.

19. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

This exactly.
    I was about to say... * everyone uses everything.. so all my opinions are invalid?? * lol.

Yup i hold to bows being about right. Blades is right. Bludg is toigh but that cc has to account for a lot of lacking dmg. You cant kite archer or mage mobs or even most sjeli footmen using only archery. You can perma knock down and interrupt them with bludg.
    Ans multi hit wjen u swing. Have to account for that instead of.
    This does 5 dmg this does 6 argument.

20. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Goodness... what is going on in this thread?
    So much salt...
    [​IMG]

While I fully understand the excessive salt, surely we can help OP clarify his intent without the added snark...

Goodness... This thread needs some GREEN LEAVES!
    It's so easy; Happy go Lucky!

Moar hugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.