Is archery epic???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2112Starman, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

NAILED IT

HogwinHD, Retro and Barugon like this.
  2. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I'm an archer. But it is not because we try to protect archery skills that they are uber skills. It is a rather coarse sophism you made there.

Your video does not show anything valuable. First, you mix skills of archery with skills of your favorite magic school and you come to groan about archery. Secondly, you use level 60 skills with level 90 base skill, and you can't even kill those wolves so quickly. Personaly, I can find you videos where when you give money to someone it gets richer. Because archery depends a lot on the base skill, unlike magic schools, which depends on attunement. So, basicaly, firing a bow with your skills is like using a level 60 ranged spell with 90 attunement. In fact, you should have killed those wolves even faster.

The truth is that you wanted to prove something and you could have used a video on the reproduction of the hummingbirds if you thought it could prove that the archers are too strong. This is very representative of your way of arguing.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Peabo, Nataurz and Fister Magee like this.
  3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Im not groaning about archery, why do you automatically jump to personal attacks on my posts? You ignored the fact that I said bows should not be nurfed. Such continued anger and hostility with personal attacks from you again.

I still see bow users solo tanking 10K - 30K boss mobs (dragons and such)... but no... Bows aren't op and I would really love to here you try to rationalize that one. What do you say on that?

King Robert likes this.
  4. Nataurz

Nataurz Avatar

Make a video of you soloing a 30k boss with archery. You can then use this threads title and present a good case for skill feedback and adjustment. I will keep checking the forums for the new video. Will you just be using pure archery? If not maybe a few trees will need adjusting.

Retro and Nikko like this.
  5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Whats the purpose of this? Why would I need to do so, when it already clearly exists in the game and is well known? The logic behind this attack is flawed. One of the worst issues is that the people doing this do not show people how to do so, they hold on to the info, pass it around to only their friends and then they farm the crud out of it and flood the market with the things they get from doing it. Im not that kind of person, Im the kind of person who reports this to devs.

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Just wanna point out that blunt is THE weapon skill that is not known for its damage right now. Blades and polearms seem to be doing rather well.

King Robert likes this.
  7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I believe soloing bosses has alot more to do with defense than weapon damage. But here is a video of an archer soloing a dragon.

And while rapidfire is a high dps archer ability, its drawback is the need to carry many arrows to continually utilize it.

The reason you've heard archers complain about 2000 arrows weighing too much, is because they spam rapidfire.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Numa, Hornpipe, Nataurz and 1 other person like this.
  8. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

"Amazing how people in this game always protect their uber skills."

Words have a sense. I didn't attacked you directly. I pointed that the way you are arguing is based on speculations, not demonstration.

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

And here is a melee 1handed swordsman/mage with shield soloing multiple dragons.

I would think the Damage Avoidance as a passive defence is the culprit for most powerful feats. Deffinatley not the DPS that makes you capable of doing these things

10. Nataurz

Nataurz Avatar

Thanks Emp, great video. It appears to me that the player who made the video has used various skills , skill knowledge and player skill (knowing when to jump ect.) to achieve this solo kill. I am guessing he had many deaths before getting to this level of play. The kill appeared to take a long time though. I have two guildies that team to kill the dragon in around 2 - 3 minutes a kill. Loot and exp wise teaming would be the better option. Is that bone armour he is wearing as well? This feat is being achieved by a high level/ skilled player who has left no stone unturned. I don't think archery can be soley attributed to his success.

11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Exactly. The opitomy of surv ival in these scenarios is a great defence surounded by knowhow. But these videos do also demonstrate the power of Damage Avoidance, which is heavy armor (and bone armor's to a lesser extent) bread and butter

Retro, Hornpipe and Nataurz like this.
  12. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Goodness, I really need to rethink my decks... wow.

13. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Well, really you can get that on all armor, but you want to have the defensive skills to back it up: Glancing Blow (if heavy armor), Evasion (if light armor) + Ice Shield + Fortify Defense. Then whatever else to go with your build.

14. Fingers

Fingers Avatar

What is this "reason" thing you speak of ? o_O

15. null2

null2 Avatar

So true. I had a lot of deaths to dragons before this. Although I think only 2 deaths before killing all 3 in one go.

Here is another video of soloing clockwork dragon

This is very true. Defense is key at this point.

I want to make sure that you all know the ability to solo these bosses is due to the way fortify defense incorrectly works right now (devs know about this issue, I talked to Chris about how I achieved this). No matter what, fortify defense will give you physical crit protection. Dragons crit for a lot, can do 1000 damage in a second. If you can be protected from crits, it makes the fight a lot more feasible.

Retro, Hornpipe and Nataurz like this.
  16. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Not since they broke multishot... It used to have a chance to hit every foe three times EACH. Now it does one or *sometimes* two hits on the mobs, but very very rarely do I see the third hit. I don't think it is working as intended right now. It is FAR worse than it used to be. SO much so, that I rarely even use it any longer.

Mac2 and Hornpipe like this.
  17. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

Love that this topic is finally getting attention.

Simple fact, archery is single target and should hit harder then melee.
    Melee hits between 3 to 5 targets for 350 ish on a crit.

Currently the highest damage archery attack is 250? Please go check the post detailing the highest damage done by each skill.

It's clear the tears of the anti archery camp have ruined the balance of this game

belijaal, Barugon, Nikko and 2 others like this.
  18. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

And for soloing ****..... any high adventure lvl hero with high enough dex to hit a dragon can solo it.

I've even seen it done with death magic.... and they are super resistant to it....

Stop crying and lvl up, for God's sake.

19. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I know they have not fixed Draw Strength yet - it is still off by 2 levels at GM.

Also, I have read that Eagle Eye is not working properly either.

Nikko likes this.
  20. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Buddy does it when 80% of his stuff is life magic. Lol just a long fight with a few fire dots. Lol

Nataurz and Nikko like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.