"not found in sotamap database"

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Harmony, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harmony

Harmony Avatar

Okay, so, imagine my surprise when I come back to SotA afte ra few months away to start fresh, since I hear paths of courage and truth are implemented and bam, there's a minimap right in the isle of storms? Amazing stuff. so I get my face, choose the path of courage, and leave to highvale aaand get the above error.

Now, I don't ahve any maps in my inventory, indeed, I remember when earlier builds of Sota gave you maps for Soltown and Ardoris, but nothing like that here. Am I experiencing a bug? do I have to go buy physical maps of highvale and resolute somewhere? is there something I'm missing?

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

SotAMap is a third party database that was added to provide access to maps since Port doesn't have art for them. It is unclear if it is interim, or permanent.

However, since it is third party, we can't access maps until they are added to sotamap.com, and @Jakub White has not yet added the new scenes.

Hopefully he will be back to it soon, and these will be available. Until then, please be patient. You could always join SotAMap.com and provide him some additional income for his efforts.

3. Harmony

Harmony Avatar

So what you are saying is that I should probably start off in the path of love. Ah well, I had been hoping to not have to grind blades skill from pure zero, not with the new min reqs to go up a tier on the skill tree

4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Path shouldn't matter. I don't think any of the Outskirts scenes are mapped yet. Love is actually the hardest path, so just play wherever you like.

5. Harmony

Harmony Avatar

love is the hardest path, but I know from experience the solace bridge soltown and ardoris maps are given toa new bard. leveled through several wipes back in the day.

6. Harmony

Harmony Avatar

trick is, resolute's in sotamap.com, I'm looking at the page right now

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You also will get to reset your quests as many of us will do this before release. Then we don't have bad strings of quests in our journal as well since there have been many updates to quests since first getting some of these. I will definitely reset. I am not questing right now, but waiting for later for this. Of course those who want to test this should, and if the Devs ask I will be happy to do testing on anything they need.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  8. Harmony

Harmony Avatar

Strangely now, the maps are working, but slowly. I cannot help but wonder if they're suffering server overload?

Numa and FrostII like this.
  9. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

i certainly hope this is a temporary solution.

Nothing against jakub or sotamap, of course. the artwork, website, and overall effort are all fantastic and truly appreciated.

That being said, portalarium depending on a third party community member to keep game systems implemented and up to date is... not what one hopes for from a professional studio.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  10. Harmony

Harmony Avatar

admittedly, I feel forced to agree, but such is the nature of an open source project?

11. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

open source? Im assuming u are referring to sotamap and not SotA :)

so yeah, open source is fine, that isn't the issue. the studio depending on an open source solution to an internal studio game problem to begin with would be the real issue :)

Solazur and FrostII like this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I just checked in game and on the map the Sota Map is loading a bit slow, but then it is fine for me. I am really happy to have it. At first I worried that we were not going to get a map of the map, so yay from me. I love that you can use your mouse wheel to enlarge it and make it smaller and drag it where you want it. Even though some upgrades will always be welcome to tweak it, I am still very happy about it. :)

13. Numa

Numa Avatar

My ingame SOTAMAP went blank in last night and wouldn't come back on until I exited the game entirely and logged in again. Seemed like some kind of desynchronization - hope it wasn't a case of traffic overload on the part of the sotamap site.

14. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

I think that there needs to be a little patience as the game matures as it is still in its final stages of development and you can still view sota map online. note the maps for new areas and changed areas will not be correct until we give them the time they need to get it right instead of rushing and making mistakes.

https://www.sotamap.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.