Your Opinion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tetsu Nevara, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

Share your Opinion with the Staff and the Community with this little Survey! I think it is interesting why and how all the different Players here play this Game. No discussion or complaining please, if you dont like it, just dont answer to it. Feel free to add more questions if you like:

Where do you heard from Shroud of the Avatar?

Did you support Kickstart?

How many hours do you play each week?

What Char do you play? (Combat/Crafting)

Do you play more Multiplayer or Single Player?

Do you play PvP?

Do you play much PvE Group-Content?

What is your biggest Deed?

Do you think the Game is to easy or to hard?

Tell us your opinion on the Combat System or Rate it from 1 to 5 (1 = Good, 5 = Bad)

Tell us your opinion on the Skill System or Rate it from 1 to 5 (1 = Good, 5 = Bad)

Tell us your opinion on the Crafting System or Rate it from 1 to 5 (1 = Good, 5 = Bad)

Tell us your opinion on the Housing System or Rate it from 1 to 5 (1 = Good, 5 = Bad)

What do you love in SotA?

What do you hate in SotA and how would you change it?

What is your biggest wish that you want to see in Shroud of the Avatar?

Optional:

Rate the Shroud of the Avatar with a Number from 0 to 100 Points (100 is the best score):

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    Duke Albert and Stundorn like this.
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Share your Opinion with the Staff and the Community with this little Survey! I think it is interesting why and how all the different Players here play this Game. No discussion or complaining please, if you dont like it, just dont answer to it. Feel free to add more questions if you like:

Brother

Are you a Backer?
    I dunno if your asking if i baught the game, if so, yes.

Quite a few. Maybe a least 1 or 2 a day or more

What Char do you play? (Combat/Crafting) both

Multi

Do you play PvP?
    Only if the people i meet in pvp zones wanna fight and fight me. Usually they are questers peaceful.

Yes

Village (raffle won)

Nope

Tell us your opinion on the Combat System or Rate it from 1 to 5 (1 = Good, 5 = Bad)

Tell us your opinion on the Skill System or Rate it from 1 to 5 (1 = Good, 5 = Bad)

Tell us your opinion on the Crafting System or Rate it from 1 to 5 (1 = Good, 5 = Bad)

Tell us your opinion on the Housing System or Rate it from 1 to 5 (1 = Good, 5 = Bad)

Puzzles, exploring and finding stuff, the story and the free-range skill choices.

Vendor buy/sell orders not being flexible.

Flexible buy/sell orders.

Hornpipe, Chatele and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  3. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

An old UO friend of mine told me RG is making a new game and sent link to the kickstarter.

Are you a Backer?
    Yes, but I've spent more in the store than on my initial pledge.

10-20 when I'm the most active.

Heavy armor 2h blunt with earth and various support skills.
    Skinning, mining, blacksmithing and alchemy are my crafting.

Only multiplayer.

Do you play PvP?
    I will go to pvp zones, and (try to) defend myself if need be, but I don't seek it out.

Only occasionally.

POT row lot (viking bundle)

Too easy, few places are challenging for me at adv lvl 76.

I love the attention to detail. The game doesn't have one or two selling points, it tries to cover everything needed to make it an immersive and believable virtual world.

It feels a little empty sometimes, both in number of players and in things to do once you reach a certain point. But there's no easy fix and I think it's going in the right direction.

More creature types and zones. More quests and lore.

Edit: I mixed up how you asked for the 1-5 ratings. :D

Stundorn and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Everyone that can respond to this is technically a backer, having given at least $5 to the project if only for forum access.

MrBlight likes this.
  5. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Where did you hear about Shroud of the Avatar?
    Guild

Are you a Backer?
    Yes

15-20

Archer, carpenter

Friends only Multiplayer

Do you play PvP?
    Not yet

yes

Tax free Village

easy

I love playing with my friends and being able to choose any skills I want.

Crafting time sink, Overworld map, the lack of transparency from the developers.

Make the game true open world, more mechanics to the fight, and for the Devs to be more open about skills and stats.

Optional:

Rate the Shroud of the Avatar with a Number from 0 to 100 Points:
    Currently 40

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  6. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Heard about on Ultima Codex right before the start of the Kickstarter campaign.

Are you a Backer?

I pledged during the Kickstarter campaign if this is what you mean.

I mostly play when a new build is online for a few hours.

Combat

Single Player

Do you play PvP?

No

No

Helping bring back the 3D overland map ;)

Hard. The quests are hard to do.

I don't do housing.

The premise of it becoming the spiritual successor to Ultima.

Single-Player and quests/storytelling. The single-player plays like an offline MMORPG and the quests are not interesting but bland, boring and without any consequences to our actions. Oh, and I hate having to suffer the housing of other players in online mode. And I hate that the MMO-aspects basically drown every chance of SotA becoming a good SP game.

It becoming a true single-player RPG that is fun in single-player with SP features and plays like a true SP game. I wish for great, exciting, complex quests full of twists and hard choices with lasting consequences on the world and its inhabitants.

Optional:

Stundorn likes this.
  7. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

a friend told me this game is not for everyone, but you @Bulveigh you are guilty :D

Are you a Backer?
    not sure, arent we all backers atm, also the Steam EA "backers" i buyed the Steam EA short after persistence and upgraded to pilgrim, because of the title and the Raven Pet, idealistic :rolleyes:
    I then buyed several things from the player marketplace over the month and have something like a town bundle now, maybe more, but not significantly.
    So no KS backer but i feel like i support the game a lot, even if i payed others, what payed Portalarium before.

i spent between 10 - 30 hrs a week since persistence, but had some pauses of a week or two for maybe 3 times now. My actual pause lasts 3 weeks and is ongoing :confused:

I thought the "classless" system was meant to let us choose and create a sort of archetype and role.
    I wanted to play a Mage: A sort of Viking Wizard and choosed Air (Storm) for the first time and a Pole, because there were no Staffs.
    And i thought a Spjot is always a good weapon for a viking ;)
    I then went to pure magic, but wanted to avoid death and fire and also sun and earth if i am honest.
    I imagined that Wind, Moon, Ice, Healer/Anti-Death Type of a Grey Mage. - maybe to get involved with Chaos for PVP reasons later.

mostly MP or FMO (but also mostly solo, except RP/Socializing) - never played SPO or Offline

Do you play PvP?
    No - but i had fun duelling - atm PvP wants me to abandon my suggested char/ role or to abandon pvp :confused: good damn individualists :D

No

TF PoT Town

hard to say - some things are nice because they are hard, i am pro "hard" gamemechanics what increase immersion.
    also i actually don't want it in SotA, but open PvP is also that kind of "hard" gamemechanics i would like if things are downmeasured, more balanced, casual friendly, limited, restricted, diverse, varying, have significant consequences...
    I also would like to make it harder to teleport, but then a more flexible teleport system. I also like Moonga.... Lunar Rifts ^^

So, is the Game to hard? YES :p, but because of the grind you want us to do - i think the fun playing lies beyond leveling - i liked GW back in the days, just 20 levels and then you can concentrate on playing, but leveling - just my opinion - i like community driven content like RP, Economy, (R)PvP Player Factions in an immersive and atmospheric setting (what you created like no other imho - well done - like it!) what you concentrate on if you feel your char is "ready" - things i want to accomplish are Storys to happen, Storys to tell, Moments to share....
    I can do this better if i feal "complete" more or less. I'd like to play in an environment where when you look at the distribution of powers regarding the levels and gear of ones character
    players are "equal strong" not totally eqaual but all within a short range of what they matter in a PvP Situation. More people involved= more fun= more variance= more storys to tell= more moments to share...
    same for groupplay were people hardly - i like hard gamemechanic - depend on each other - healers, dealers, stealers...you know what i mean.
    same for crafters - split them up! Harvesters / Refiners/ Producers - why should one be able to be the master artisan of all professions if you want them to deal with each other and create an economy? at least for online modes??? :oops:

1!
    Its one of my main cause to play SotA - i like it very much and although there are maybe things what can improve further, please stick to it, i like it, because it's fun, challenging, flexible
    and just not 0815

i like a lot of it - Pool XP, Train,-Maintain-Thing, is all good, lot of interesting skills, what are fun to play, fun to experiment with.
    what i dont like is its limitless and non restrictive adjustment. (for online modes only )

i havent done that much - i would say 3

hard to say again - i like housing and decorating very much - have a Lord Founder Town Home, but i dont like the pricing if i am honest.
    Make ROWS available for ig Gold to everybody - lot of players just not dont want to invest, but barely can invest that much.
    A Row i fine since Row Greenhouses are also craftable.
    Give the deeds away maybe limtet per person for ingame gold to fill all the PoTs and spots.

Atmosphere, oldsql questing (but need to be improved and very much more), combat system, skills, housing/ decorating, i would like to write roleplaying, but this need to improve as well, but thats our job :), Lunar Rifts, underworld connections - art style - first steps into Epitaph were :eek:A:eek:m:eek:azing, but then i was a bit desperated if i'm honest - i expected something more challenging and compelling :oops:
    oh i like the Lore and after the three Path Quests i am willing to say i liked it to this point!

I don't have the solution - thats your job - but although i was against hardcaps i am at the point to say maybe hardcaps is the only way online MP or if you call it the MMO part and PVP will be interesting, fun, challenging and for me.
    I really think that a Skillcap - both for the total skills you can have and also for the max you can level your skills - that is not easily but aquirable in a year for casuals like me, playing ~10-20hrs a week if i am hyped and passionate and willing to manage it (omg this sure sounds weird to some really dedicted players :p)
    would make online MP Modes - both FMO and MMO - way more interesting, because people would a lot more depend on each other, werent that powerfull and to be competetive in PVP wouldn't lock off casual gamers.
    I dont hate - but i very dislike this wide gap of the distribution of powers for MP purposes.

i hate the Snow in my house too :mad::D

1st i wish it is a sucess - i grant that to the whole team and especially @Lord British - to all of these guys working on a vision with lot of passion and creativity!!!

I would like to see the worlds enlived with players, playing together, against each other, trade, negotiate, roleplay, fight, laugh, cry, having fun together, depend on each other, are equal in rights and power, but diverse in style and attitude!!!

Optional:

I give you a 90 - but i dont play a lot of 90 rated games :p

Vodalian and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Novel, but Idea and has been addressed to Port before. they should do this, but these forums are a waste of time for this type of topic - - -

Not enough players even bother here anymore.

This needs to be sent by them to EVERY email they have - until they start to engage directly with every account holder . . . ???

There are so may backer who no longer even bother with the forums it is sad, prob around 25% if that.

9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

thats no reason to not answer :) although you are right, but c'mon share your opinion!;)

Solazur and Daemonium Malum like this.
  10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I have communicated many time with Port directly:confused:, posting again my thoughts and opinions on these forums is a waste of my effort;), sorry but TY;)

Keep jousting with wind mills. o_O

FrostII and Stundorn like this.
  11. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

no, didnt hear of it in time. I wish i had

Plenty - usually 4-6 hours weeknights utpo 12 or so weekends.. unless work gets in the way or Im overly tired.

I have a few, but I have one who has all the skill trees but primarily is an archer, a tank and one who was going to be a mage, but she still hits things too much.. I am trying to craft but I get caught in just 1 more skill..

Although anyone whos talked to me would say Im probably irritatble, but. nothing gets my goat more than you're clearly killing an area. and handling it more to the point, and people come muscle in especially if they are better than you in terms of lvl/speed of kill they kinda push you out, so, i want to multiplayer but it seems too many wont go to friends and i end up going just to keep doing what I was doing.

Do you play PvP?

Heavens no

Not by default, even in my EQ days I dont have the guts to kinda shout "Hey I wanna group who wants me" and see where it takes me, I go off do my own thing. so I solo.

I have a town taxed one, which I bought from port - my biggest regret as its worth crap all..

Far too easy, my tank who is on day 4 of play can easily solo 3 humans in the 4 skull area now.. and is still rapidly gaining xp

1.5 :p id like the combos to auto form and join the glyph set, as long as you have all the components in the deck. its time paying attention to the combat bar not the combat

1.5 i love it, except there are some skills you seem to have to grind through that so dont sound like skills people would actively use to me.. (ones with super bad negitive effects like -100% armor damage reduction etc)

2 I love it, but having to get so many variants for bits and no way unless you pull up websites and hope they are accurate. or keep copious notes to know what the properties of an element will do to the pattern.. sotaqm was an awesome site.

2 I like it, but sheeh thats a lot of money. My biggest issue would be the housing designs. There seems a lot of wasted space and it bugs me cos I cant blow 3200 on getting a city lot..

I love that i can help fix it, I love that im not "a cleric" or "a druid" Im me.. same as RL Im me, i have attributes and properties and skills, but Im still me. I also love that in the blink of an eye you can go from a full plate duel weilding mad person to wearing a tutu. doing ballet

hate is a strong word - what is the thing Id change the most? its too easy to get to 4 skull areas - end of day 2 to be honest, so, Id say we need to rejig the zones and probably ditch a lot of the 2-3 skull areas .. maybe help newbs as the skulls arent always visible so maybe colour code the zones like the mobs. green, yellow, orange, red.. by your own capabilities.. If level is so unimportant, dont have zones with skulls on, mask it, then you might be able to solo deep ravenswood in your sleep but if you cant solo in the rise, then the rise is still red .. help you find other zones that will challenge you

To have made a difference enough that somehow a small part of something immortalises my having been here, even if only Id know it.

Optional:

Rate the Shroud of the Avatar with a Number from 0 to 100 Points (100 is the best score):

Stundorn likes this.
  12. Gix

Gix Avatar

The Spoony Experiment had an elaborate series reviewing the Ultima series and it followed up with an interview with Richard Garriott talking about Shroud of the Avatar.

No. I pledged in 2013.

It varies from 0-to-15 hours a week.

Combat (Subterfuge, Blades, Light Armour).

Multi-player.

I'm a huge avid PvP player but not in SotA, no.

No.

Row House

It's unbalanced and convoluted, so I'll go with "too hard".

N/A

The way the world feels like a world that could exist where the politics reflect that world and doesn't just have stuff in it "because".

I'm going to name just one: the distinct lack of information delivery. The game does a poor job at conveying information such as directions, quest difficulty rating or objectives to the player. I would rewrite all of the dialogue involving "giving directions to the player" to give more accurate information.

Pickpocketing NPCs.

I play SotA in its current state because I know it's incomplete so I reserve judgement until that day comes because I don't consider SotA to be a video game just yet. If I were to give it a number (assuming that this current state is the final project), I'd give it a harsh 20.

P.S. - why is your score rating going from good-to-bad, and then bad-to-good in your values?

Stundorn likes this.
  13. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

German Habit :) in our School System is 1 (very good) to 6 (insufficient)

Gix, Stundorn and Sir_Michael like this.
  14. amarious

amarious Avatar

My best friend who later bought me the game the day of persistence. Also watching Markee Dragon's videos got me really hyped.

I didn't know about the Kickstarter otherwise I would have.

30-40

Archer/Tamer/Miner

Multiplayer Friends Online Mode mostly. When I craft or shop I switch to Mutiplayer Online Mode.

Do you play PvP?

I go to PvP zones but have yet to kill/fight anyone.

About once or twice a week I'll go for a group adventure that lasts 1-3 hours.

Village

I think that it's right in the middle. While other friends of mine had a hard time getting into the game I found the learning curve pretty easy, but that probably comes from playing Ultima games in the past.

After making a few combat decks recently I really enjoy the combat system. (1)

I really like the skill system and am happy with how decay currently works. I think it's fair and balanced. If you have 100 gms you will suffer a great loss, if you have less your loss isn't that great. (1)

I find that the crafting is a pain in the ass only because I can not put bags inside of other containers with essential materials needed for each type of crafting. I would very much like to have all my carpentry mats in one container and be set and ready for when I start crafting..instead, since I am so forgetful, it takes me about 3-4 trips from my house back to the crafting station to make sure that I have everything I need. I'd like to complete what I am doing in 1 trip and be done with it. Otherwise I'd rate it a (2.)

The housing system is fine, needs more polish but I expect that is to come. What I would really like to see are customizable houses like in Ultima Online. I feel that UO had the perfect housing system in any game I've played. (2)

I really enjoy the world, weather, sounds..environment. The people I've met in game have been pretty stand up characters and of course the community is the best out of any MMO. I like how the grind doesn't feel necessarily grindy. I've played a few Korean MMOs in the past and those have felt very grindy. The PvP locations are fantastic, The Fall has been the most fun I've had in a long time in a dungeon type place before. I really like the communication from the devs.

Things that I hate are becoming less and less with each new update. Some I'm not sure how I'd change and I am very patient for Portalarium to fix them in the future..but bags not being able to be placed in other containers really messes with my organization OCD. A couple of other things, I wish that I could get a prompt asking me if I wanted to take everything out of one of my chests instead of accidentally pressing E and having 300 items go into my inventory. Also a prompt for entering towns off of the overworld map would be nice too : )

More of a population and for the game to become very successful. I wish there were more places to socialize in the game as Brit Bank was very popular

Optional:

Rate the Shroud of the Avatar with a Number from 0 to 100 Points (100 is the best score): 85.. I would like for this to be the last MMO I play. It is by far, with exception to Ultima Online, my favorite MMO. I've had a wonderful time on this journey so far and I am looking forward to many great releases to come : )

EMPstrike and Stundorn like this.
  15. Albert Baumhauer

Albert Baumhauer Avatar

Chris Roberts advertised SotA on the Star Citizen website.

Yes

Total: 2000+ hours
    Currently: 0 - 1 hours/week

Mage (Healer)/Alchemy

Multiplayer

Do you play PvP?
    No

Yes

Castle

Neither

4 - You play more with the combat bar instead of with the game. Also, I miss tab targetting.

5 - Before skill decay was introduced, I found the skill system great and would give a solid 2. But skill decay totally spoiled my fun.

1 - In my opinion, the crafting system is one of the best I've ever encountered.

1 - The housing system is excellent. Only in SWG I liked the housing system even better.

I like the possibilities to be creative and to realize my own ideas.
    Besides, I liked the community in the town Drachenfels. Unfortunately, this community has totally decayed since the introduction of skill decay.

Skill decay, skill decay and skill decay. :(
    I can easily live with all the other little weaknesses. But skill decay and its impact on the community have completely destroyed the fun of the game (for me). Therefore, I stopped supporting SotA financially and deleted all my positive reviews (Steam, social madia).

Simple: Remove skill decay.

Optional:

Stundorn likes this.
  16. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

The original kickstarter campaign (general Web use).

Yes. I purchased the Ancestor pledge. One of the last premium collector's editions I'll ever buy thanks to digital distribution.

0. And not out of spite. I don't play early access/pre-release games.

Will be mostly combat, but will delve into crafting later.

Undecided. It depends upon the mechanics at release. At the moment, leaning towards multiplayer if it doesn't ruin the story.

Do you play PvP?

Depends on mechanics. Generally yes.

I will.

I think I have a rowville city house deed thing. I honestly have no idea and don't care for pre-order rewards.

N/A

3? The card system seemed original. But I'm quite sick of hot key combat. I was hoping this game would move away from it.

3? I like the idea that we're forced to have one character who can do everything or master/specialise at something. It preserves social interaction.

3? I haven't tried it for a long time. It seemed fun. But it didn't seem to innovate so much as it just refined previous convention.

5. I detest add on stores and other transactions that provide instant in-game gratification without any effort. Since property is such an integral part of that, I'm not a fan. I also dislike how the house just "plops" down on the lot. There are other games out there where construction and material acquisition tie into house systems. Shame we didn't see that.

The name. It's made by people who created Ultima. They are trying to create something inspired, so I'm here.

Addon store. Microtransactions. etc. I don't want to get into a discussion on it because they often go no-where. I don't like those systems. I hate metagaming and I prefer to just have a self-contained world when I play my games.

Realising and reaching all of its kick starter goals.

Optional:

I don't think it's fair that I do. The game is not done yet. I'd hardly give it a "bad" score.

17. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I was looking for news about Ultima using google.

Are you a Backer?
    I supported SotA during the kickstarter campaign.

Approximatively 40

Both

Multi.

Do you play PvP?
    Yes but it's pretty rare. I have no issues with dying when the combat is fun. Unfortunately, many opponents are not even worth the try, not because of their skills (there are many skilled people over there), but because of their pride (a bunch of them are just doing pvp to brag about themselves and humiliate others). But I could consider open pvp nonetheless, one day.

Yes. When I do that, it is mainly in order to spend time with friend or to help needy people.

Tax free POT City deed.

Do you think the Game is too easy or to hard?
    It's quite good as it is.

1 (perfectible)

1 (with the urgent need to improve loading times, including for decorations in loaded scenes)

Freedom (being able to have unlimited goals for personal improvements -balance without hard cap-, and to have unlimited gameplay -sandbox, music instruments, non-instanced housing, etc...), puzzles.

What IS MISSING OR WRONG in SotA and how would you change it?
    - Dynamicaly created quests are missing : A wolf kill a farmer. The mayor ask the outlanders to bring X wolves head and offers 1000 gold per head (+1000 exp). First come, first served. This is an exemple.
    - No consequences when doing quests. NPC must behave accordingly to our actions : Charlotte must join her mother.
    - Artifacts : each one should have unique name. All should be craftable. Balance must be a concern with those.
    - Npc vendors prices are static and their stock is unlimited : the economy is not player driven yet. NPC vendors should have limited stocks (with replenish rate) and their prices should grow when their stock goes low.
    - Where is the "player crafted objets in NPC inventory" thing ?
    - Vendor buy/sell orders not being flexible. < this !

More outfits ;)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Stundorn likes this.
  18. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

kickstarter

NO

+- 50

neither.. am gatherer ! and good crafter /gatherer have to fight

i play multiplayer in Mines = alone

Do you play PvP?

yes i am pvp taged in my lonely mines...

i gather ressources alone

i have a pot row deed but i dont like pay taxes so i no longer use it, tax free deed are too expensive

depends on your goal

POT comunnity

i hate feeling alone everywhere i go, i hate lack of player interaction... make every zone multiplayer

i wish portalarium work on teamplay ... i mean guilds and territories, some good reasons to fights and craft better gears.

i wish many more tools to customize POT and guilds, introduce guild Xp and more guild features including guild wars and territory controls

i wsih sieges were decided by players and not spam sieges by AI depending on a planet cycle

i wish there was a merchand selling items for cotos in every pot .. i guess many players dont even know they exist

Optional:
    oh i hate the vendors interface, and being able to sell only 50 item...

60/100 , the game has a lot of potential and is getting better and better evey release.

Stundorn likes this.
  19. oplek

oplek Avatar

Markee Dragon

No, I did not know about it.

About 18-19 hours on average.

Both

Multiplayer, mostly.

Occasionally

Occasionally

Taxed place-anywhere village lot.

Too easy

It's not any particular thing. I just like it as a whole.

The inventory system could use some love, such as requesting an auto-stack, being able to exclude containered items from your sell-to-npc list, ability to have deck-assigned equipment be stored in a container instead, ability to lock items from being sold or salvaged, etc.

See above.

Stundorn likes this.
  20. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Found it using a Google search for UO, I wanted to see if UO had improved, it hadn't... I played from Sept 1997 - 2010, I Loved the Ultima series and UO never solved the ganker element, the 1st MMO in history and it just drew out the worst in ppl...

Just missed it by like 30 days it had been closed, I watched all the videos of RG & DS & Chris did promoting it... Pledged at Edelmann level so I had a tax free lot, I was pumped to start, looked really good, purchased a set of prosperity tools...

It varies from 2hrs to 6 hrs daily, some weeks go by and I don't log on, played Steam for like 600 hrs, but the community was really nasty... So much negativity, deliberate...

Male, Adventurer... 1st game I've played where you could have both combat skills and crafting skills and be good at both... Of course my account will have 3 chr slots when they put that in, so I will have a Female chr and a "Stinky Bob" chr...

Strictly SPO, I was sold when I found out I could have a vendor and play SPO...

Do you play PvP?
    Nope, they can get rid of it, if you ask me... But some ppl like it, let me avoid it, and I will... Risk v Reward, BS... It's a video game, there's no risk... Put $500 on a Blackjack table and tell me about risk...

Nope, I find it more of a challenge when I do it by myself, but now I have my Pet which made a huge difference...

You mean Property Deed? Village lot, Windmill, crafting pavilion, Circle of stones, 5 story mining basement...

I know how to play an Ultima style game, so for me it's on Par... In the beginning it's hard to get established, before persistance, I could get to level 60 before a chr wipe, now I'm barely level 52 and the scenes are harder to master...

I don't like #s, it's just like any other combat system, you need to learn it, practice it, get good at it... I use a Hally so I can hit 4 targets at once, I use Auto attack, I use the "Deck system", I used to hate on it, but now it's my friend... I have a pretty good reach with it, but I hate Archers, they run too much and in groups of 3 they have some AI to surround you and they're deadly...

I like the "use based" system, you can earn on fails, but it's a WIP (work in progress), it needs better rewards when progressing... Like gathering more of what you seek at higher skills and more according to scene level to chr level ratio... A high level should never be rewarded for playing in a low level area in fact they should get fewer rewards (lower drops, lower gold, etc). I think the Devs have rewarded "group" play with too much and have forgotten use SPO players... Where's the "challenge" when you gank a target? I'm still trying to figure out the "exp pool", I generally use more exp than gain it, thank God for the 10k exp bonus or I wouldn't have any exp at all...

I like the crafting system, it's hard to get started, but maintainable. It's still a WIP, takes too many resources to make stuff, can't have an economy when it take so long to get materials to make stuff... 1 sale doesn't make you rich...

I like it, managed communities, but I'm "Tax free", I wish I could have more lights on the outside and more than 1 pet active at a time...

The fact that you can Move your lot without hassles, everything is stored in the bank and you have time to relocate without losing your old spot... Oh yes, and the Live Dev chats is my all time favorite...

SotA is a WIP, so just finish the project, schedule, schedule and remain transparent...

Mounts instead of coconuts, ships sailing the seas... A way to macro a string of text with an emote

Optional:

Rate the Shroud of the Avatar with a Number from 0 to 100 Points (100 is the best score): Mmmm, 90 it's a WIP...

Stundorn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.