Full Release 1 25k+ backers December 12? Problem?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maximus, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

So far, no they haven't. I hope they setup a section by this weekend with guidelines. Only thing specific is what we will be doing for the weekend found here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/release-1-status.4226/

2. Knight Grant MacGregor

Knight Grant MacGregor Avatar

Also, (I don't know if this point has been made already, I apologize for the double-post if it has), you do not want to join beta and pay "the big bucks" in order to get early access to the game. The idea is to help fund the game to a greater extent, provide actual troubleshooting help (not playtime), provide feedback, and make the game better. Many other games out there have beta polished up to such an extent that it is largely playable. Like Firelotus hinted, this won't be a fully playable game even in beta, rather we will see only very limited aspects of the finished game, while working on polishing game mechanics and playability.

In summary, if you want to help make SotA better and you can afford to sponsor SotA at a higher pledge level, go for it. However, if you want "early access" to the game, your expectations might be a bit high -- in that case I would just wait for the game to be released. :)

3. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

All pledge levels (beyond the lowest "guilt" pledge) get you access. You don't need to do a higher level pledge in order to get that.

4. Knight Grant MacGregor

Knight Grant MacGregor Avatar

Ah, yes ... I see now ... the OP wasn't asking about beta access, rather about dev access and using beta as guide. My general point still remains - pledge if you want to help the development of the game. You won't be able to get a full picture of what the game will be like, based on beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.