Want to know if our game official will take part in trade dispute

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RobotBeginner, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

Just curious to know if our game official will help the seller to provide a proof of delivery of ingame virtual goods when there is a trade dispute. I think when we go the the PayPal resolution center for trade dispute, the seller needs the proof of delivery of ingame virtual goods. So, Will our game official take part in trade dispute when seller seeks help from them?

2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I guess no...

Solazur and Damian Killingsworth like this.
  3. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

Maybe, the seller can buy a service voucher and ask for help from Portalarium to provide delivery of ingame virtual goods evidence in writing.

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  4. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Based on the disclaimer in the RMT forum:
    "We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. " ...and ... "Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform."

Here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/player-marketplace.73/

They won't get involved.

5. Mordai

Mordai Avatar

All the disclaimer in the RMT forum means is that Portalarium / SotA is not responsible or liable for trades gone bad so you can't demand that they replace what was lost. They aren't going to police trading and be middle man for every trade because of the man power demands that would entail. Now, I doubt they would get involved, unless it was something extenuating, because it would set precedent that would increase their workload. If something happened that was large enough to cause a forum meltdown or bad press for their company, you better believe they'd get involved.

However, in this case, I think OP is asking the wrong question. If one player traded an item to another who did not receive that item, then their is a trade bug which should be reported. If an item is lost, a GM can trace it and find out where it went, or if it was in fact lost to the trade bug which would need to be addressed.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Straight off the splash page on Marketplace . . . . .

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. All exchanges of virtual good for real dollars are to be confined to this part of the forum. No in-game or chat based real dollar exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Portalarium reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

There is not one thing more port needs to do or say on this matter.

If you have an issue and can prove that you have been deceived then, all you can do is send info to port and if they deem a violation, they might take action - might.

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Solazur like this.
  7. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

From everything I have read,they will not get involved. Personally, when I trade with someone and we both hit accept,I take a screen shot just before their name completes in the box as proof they accepted the trade of the items as promised. I always tell the buyer to compare what they received against the screenshots of what was being offered for sale in the forum post. To date, I have never had one issue with a trade. I also inform everyone beforehand I am taking screen shots of the trades to protect both of us.

8. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I do the same, and also ask them to send me an email using the paypal address they are using stating what they are buying and that they know these are digital goods. Also with the screen shot when it is all in the window i ask them if everything there is as expected and if so for them to accept first.

9. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Not a chance. However, I haven't heard of anyone getting ripped off yet. Ask your seller/buyer for references.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  10. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

You can always look at their profile page for feedback. If they have been buying or selling for a good while with great feedback,chances are no one wants to mess that up for themselves.

11. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

It's just like Ebay...or any other mail order or online retailer for that matter. You pay and wait for delivery hoping that the seller is ethical. I would check the sellers wall for other positive feedback, much like how the Ebay system works.

Fionwyn Wyldemane, Solazur and Numa like this.
  12. maverick77

maverick77 Avatar

Sounds like someone claimed a fraudulent charge on their PayPal after sending payment to Garfield and receiving the goods. You will have a hard time getting PayPal to do anything with respect to this. I remember losing a WoW Account after I thought I received $400 to have it suddenly taken away as a "fraudulent charge". Literally nothing I could do to "prove" I had sent the digital item (account information).

This is why if you're doing high value sales, USE A WIRE TRANSFER so there is no possibility of the buyer to claw back the funds. At the end of the day, trust is needed on both sides.

13. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

@Garfield is one of the sweetest, most honorable traders I know. I fell in love with him the day he came to me *after a good trade* to give me more COTOS because someone else was selling them cheaper than he was.

If someone ripped him off they just opened themselves up to a whole lot of bad karma.

14. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

Actually, I just want to know whether our game official will help us in case we need them. I am an active trader in this forum so this is what I want to know if there is a trade dispute happened to me. I have already done trades with other players in this forum for about a hundred times.

Solazur and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  15. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Ok good! Looks like I jumped the gun thinking you had been ripped off...lol. I'm so glad that wasn't the case :)

16. maverick77

maverick77 Avatar

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter whether one has been a beloved seller for eons. Typically, sellers are the ones that get ripped off because of a claimed fraudulent chargeback - to which there is probably nothing they can do.

Honestly, even if Port "vouched" that in game goods had been transferred, how does that solve anything? PayPal would need undeniable proof that it was in fact not a fraudulent charge. The fraudulent buyer could simply say they don't own the account or make up some other excuse.

You would almost need to actually sue the person, subpoena IP information, and any other information necessary to link up an actual sale of digital goods. I can guarantee you that PayPal is not going to give a **** to make your case for you. Simpy put, credit card takes money away from PayPal, PayPal takes money away from you.

17. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

They should add a checkbox to the trade screen "Send receipt of transaction to mailbox". The receipt contains a unique ID that can be pulled from the server in a few seconds. Or add a web UI in the service section to type in a unique ID and have it verified.

Sir_Michael, Pebbles and Garfield like this.
  18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Fionwyn ready to lay them smack down. Got the babypowder n errythang!

Solazur and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  19. Numa

Numa Avatar

For now this is such a small & tight community that fraud is almost unheard of. That will change though once the game takes off and thousands of new players join the pool. Some bad eggs are bound to pop up.

20. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I don't know about baby powder, but nobody better mess with Garfield. :)

Garfield and Solazur like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.