Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Items "Stuck To Cursor"

Discussion in 'Release 44 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Acaelus Fireharp, Jul 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

Upon attempting to withdraw Gold Coto's from my bank, the Coto's became "stuck to my cursor", I was unable to drop them into my inventory, or back into the bank, or even place them on the ground. Exiting to menu and reloading the instance forced them back into my bank.

[​IMG]

2. Datendrache2

Datendrache2 Avatar

There was an R43 reported bug for "COTO Trap" that was difficult to reproduce, this sounds similar if not the same. However, I mostly experience this when trying to move a Battle Banner around a POT. This item gets stuck much the same way.

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Acaelus Fireharp - Thank you for reporting. Just to try to get more information to help track this down...

1. Did you see the Deco Mode UI popup when you picked up the item from your bank?
    2. If so, did you close the bank before putting this Coto into inventory?
    3. Any other strange things happen to you when this occurred?

I think part of the issue here is the fact that it's an item labeled as deco and you are obviously able to place it since you are governor... so the bug might stem from the state of the item changing from item in inventory to a deco item in your hand.

Lexie likes this.
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Is anyone else seeing this 'coto trap'? I'm familiar with when an item gets 'stuck' on your cursor and you cannot put it down, but I'm wondering if there is a particular bug that is making it happen to cotos even more...

Datendrache2 likes this.
  5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I haven't had this happen with cotos, but I did have it happen with items I picked up while mouse clicking as I'm loading into the game.

Sometimes I get a lil anxious and hit space bar on my keyboard and move my cursor/click the mouse when the loading screen hangs at 94%. Don't know if that helps any, but sometimes when it hangs... it starts moving once I do one of those things. Could be coincidence or maybe it works... don't really know. But I do it just in case. :p

Anyway, sometimes the cursor turns green before the loading screen disappears and I see the POT scene load up, and if I click on something it occasionally gets stuck on my cursor. I can't put it down, put in inventory, or anything really. I typically need to just exit to menu and resume to clear it.

I never bug reported it because I thought it was just a glitch that I caused before fully loading into the game. Guess I should have, but at least now I'm adding it here where it might be relevant.

6. Datendrache2

Datendrache2 Avatar

This is somewhat helpful, somewhat unhelpful.

1) Placed all the COTOs I could on the ground to fill up the POT item count.
    2) Then placed COTOs over the limit, moved them across other items, player lots, etc.
    3) Eventually, another one became stuck red. It happened when I walked away from the banker with the coto dragged from my bank inventory.
    4) Reproducing this had no luck, however. Doing the same actions over after logging out did not reproduce the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.