Farm in Blood River Outskirts.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryan2, Jul 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nemesis2

Nemesis2 Avatar

Its really quite simple people flock to where they can make the most gold per hr or whatever, as the rest of the zones stand you can not even make back the $ you spend on regs. A serious overhaul of the gold drops needs to be done. They took away the halberds etc, so people are doing this just to pay rent etc. COTO's are quickly disappearing off the market as well. You shouldn't have to farm 3 weeks just to pay for one day on say a village lot.

Cordelayne likes this.
  2. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

Coto and other items vanishing from the market is an effect of inflation hedging.

3. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I see...

mass likes this.
  4. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

Many comments here like the one who speak about inflaction cause of that, are something genial.

RAW MATERIAL AND ANY OTHER THING PRICE IS LOW DUE TO THE LACK OF PLAYER AND DEMAND!

Don't speak if u don't turn on the brain. Really i can't believe people say things like that, and ofc delete mu current post, flame me, i just don't care cause really i prefer that then keep silent in front of that kind of lack of game, economy and maybe anything else knoledge.

GG to people with those theory, you really understood all.

Tetsu Nevara and Elwyn like this.
  5. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

Put down the pipe and step away from the computer... :)

What are you trying to say here?

6. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

I'm actually looking past the sarcasm and I'm interested in what you are saying, but I just have no idea what you are saying.

7. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

Who say the problem is the inflaction of IGG in game, have no absolutely idea of what he speak about. Cause is just the lack of demand that make price lower, not the inflaction, so after read some answer here i can't believe people think is the inflaction of igg the problem, at least bloodriver moved the economy and people started to buy again things.

In that post there was no sarcasm or irony, and i don't need to spend anymore words here, cause anyone who have a brain, a clue about economy works, who know how all things work, don't need to read my post, just need to read answer about the igg inflactions and the smart analysis of those people.

8. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

@Wextel
    Are you trying to say, "inflation"? Not inflaction. I do not recognize any definition of the spelling "inflaction".

I am curious as to how all this pans out as well. With the bumping up of gold gain for zones to be like Blood River Outskirts and the sprinkling of imps across the game, I am eager to see the results. I know plenty of places where the loot and gold drops are completely pitiful and you don't even make enough to sustain a grind in the area after mats, food & repairs are accounted for, let alone with a group. Hopefully this will give more incentive to play in other areas as well.

9. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

Sorry i'm not english, but i think my english can be understood from most, even cause when someone speak in my Language even if he make some error for my knowledge of italian i can understand and guess the meaning of what a person say, but nevermind.

About what you said i wrote tons of post about that, i wrote pm to dev, i asked in telethon and whatever; The first post i did in here was about why people prefer farm IGG in a boring way in the same zone instead of life adventure around, for your knowledge here is my game analysis inside the spoiler. Finish.

About economy it's easy to calculate, that's why I was upset, cause really , evryone that know how the game really work in game and not on table or scripts can calculate it in about a few minutes.

First: all you do in game as farming(igg, resources, experience) is based on "Earned per hour", so when a person try out a zone must calculate, distance, loadings, zone configuration, npc type and that's why there are beautifull zones that are just useless, mostly due to that, so i can have 100 scene, but if just 2 pay well in "earned per hour" i know where i will find people.

Second: When people farm also calculate earned per hour and spent per hour, that mean in any case, based on my choice i will spend to farm;reagents, Arrow, potions, food, repair, decay for Death. And that will affect the choice, cause if i go do something that cost me 2 and give me back 1, there will be some problem.

Third: The cost of what i have, the cost of what i need, the not immediate cost of things, but i will need per day to have a sota life.

1: Actually any zone, based on difficulty give you from 3k to 8k per hour, depending on npc spawn time it really affect a lot, cause in the same zone you can do 8k per hour but also 6k just depnending on that, and the other main factor is what they drop and in wich %, also that have an effect; If you have bad luck at all, the cashflow can drop to 4k per hour.

2: The factors above have effects on what i earn, but what i spend to do those zones it will not change, for an hour of game i will need in any case: Food, Potions, Reagents, Repairs, that mean i'm spending average 1k per hour, if we calculate also the use of obsidian potions, the things is easy, average 11k per week divided on 7 day, on a medium player the cost is about 300 igg per hour. So i'm spending from 1k to 1,5k hour just for play.

3: The cost of taxes for lot, let's calculate about 700 igg medium cost? I don't know, personally i spend about 2,5k per day of taxes, but let figure out the average is 700. And the cost of the equipement is not eternal.

So i earn average 5,5k per hour and i spend average 1,3k per hour: I have in 1 hour 4,2k; Now with 4,2k i must have fun; For a raffle ticket any i need 3 hour of farming, to buy a new pattern i need 1-2 hour of farming, to buy decos, recipes, raise crafting, need hours on hours of farming, so instead of have a game now i have another job.

For resources is the same( i use mine as example), if you farm average 250 ores per hour, and also here depend mob spawning, nodes spawning, luck etc. cause not all instance are the same, you can go from 180 to 300 per hour.

In any case to solve that, with the actual cost of mats from npc, with the fact i can't craft, drop or farm all i need, but in any case many things will affect the price, an example are potions, i can't go down a certain price or i will not have profit, but that can be adapted to any crafted thing, same on equipement, when i sell an item i must also recover all the failure, all the worst items and calculate the earned per hour thing.

With the actual costs, to have a working and fun economy the cashflow should be from 8k to 13k per hour, based on luck(spawn timers) as it is, but not Killing the economy the fun and the spirit of players. And about balacing zones: Zone that will give mass experience will not give max cashflow or resources, zone for resources will not give mass experience, zone for resources etc. so at least we will not have useless zones.

Cause i can have rent system, i can have tons of artifact, but without igg and players nothing of that will work properly and will be fun.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    Tetsu Nevara likes this.
  10. Mordai

Mordai Avatar

Sarcasm in text on a forum of people representing many different native languages. What could go wrong?

11. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

i do see the problem wen you can have 5 accs farming just one guy and bot it non stop and make a bunch of gold

just ruin the game for the rest and press gold price down were no new player can buy nothing

12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

This thread is a clear indicator or some of the major problems in the game right now ;

1. players come in and clearly show a system being abused
    a. Dev say not a big deal
    b. 2 - 3 release later realize that there was actually dmg done try and fix and knee jerk it
    c. nothing done to those that abused system flaw
    d. screwed with "no wipe"​
    2. players have two sides - both are very loud but only one is sincere towards the game
    a. the ones who look for and abuse system flaws every way they can to make "Profit" (skill, exp, resources, gold . . . .), these players all YELL that is NOT a big deal once found out, but they sit quietly until it is discovered. They are NOT in support of game development but personal gain. (LOUDEST)
    b. the players who actually Play the game (will be the ones in the rubble when it comes to it) try and report it and get bashed on forums and developers minimalize their concerns; called names, told to delete skills, . . . . (quieter - group getting smaller, less and less are even on these forums anymore)
    There have been issues like this since the very beginning, but now with "persistence" they have lasting affects.

There needs to be a fundamental shift in the next publish or two, dedicated back to the Core game development and not Seed Invest, Bit Coins, Add on Store . . . . .

If there is really players just farming like this ?????

13. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

emh maybe.. they have bought... obsidian chips? :p i sell all mine chips in 1 day. (whattttt a straaaange thingggg.... )

14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

15. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

This is rather confrontational, just sayin.

Low player count, low demand, price may drop. Low player count also means low number of people generating the gold so supply can balance demand even with few participants.
    Massive supply increase due to broken mechanic, price drops fast as multiple vendors all try unloading their new glut at once. There is no way for the large supply to balance against demand at the old price.

What I'm speaking to price here I mean the USD cost of IGG which was cracking below $20. COTOs have a direct USD value so if players have IGG and the value of that IGG is dropping they can buy COTO with that gold to limit losses in value. The same hedging applies to other commodities to a lesser extent.

Low player count is a slow economy not necessarily an inflationary one.

I'll skip QE.

Lyndoman and Elwyn like this.
  16. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

Ok i make that like in elementary school;

I have 200 players; GROUP A 50 are $ sellers(and maybe also farmers), GROUP B 50 are farmers, GROUP C 100 are buyer. If happen the GROUP B and the GROUP C loose 70% of his members i will have:

GROUP A 50
    GROUP B 15
    GROUP C 30

So now i have minus buyer then sellers, so all the sellers will start drop prices, cause if they gain $ trought game, first they will be the last to leave, second they will lower prices under their competitors to sell to appeal the Buyers Group, and now we have the Group B, that farm and sell for IGG that will be affected too, cause as you said igg=$=cotos that mean, if the value of igg is 1 and i sell silver on vendor at 2, people will not buy it and i need to drop prices, be frustrated of the results of hours of farming without return and maybe more from Group B will think to quit. The buyer Group for $ for IGG or whatever will start to be frustrated to due to the cashflow and due to the fact for the past 2-3 month they farmed like hell and realized they can't effort nothing they wanted too. And i am simplifying a lot about that cause there are other tons of connection, situation etc. But don't say is bloodriver the problem, cause the problem is not from the last patch, read that quote under me, he got a clearly explanation of what is going on.

EDIT: They buy cotos even cause pay rent cost minus even if the coto value will became 3499, u will save in any case 1g.

17. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

Again, confontational.

Falling player count. That was the missing word.

Falling player count, asuminng the losses only come frome the demand side, will result in a price drop. I don't see that as a valid assumption as player count losses will also happen on the supply side.

18. Lyndoman

Lyndoman Avatar

The "economy" of SOTA is a game within the game. Indeed we can say there are many ways to play SOTA, those who chose to play the game by gathering as much igg as is Avartarily possible.

Economic laws affect the economy of SOTA just as they do in the real world and I find it fascinating to observe and take part in. For me the economics of a virtual world is the most interesting aspect.

I see this subject becoming of increasing interest as the market develops. I expect there will be a lot of theories to explain price moves and just like in the real world there will be many opposing views. Which makes things interesting :)

The market currently is illiquid, meaning any change in supply and demand will have a big effect. But this is a good thing, because Port can note how the market acts and try to influence accordingly.

But the fun thing is that humans are irrational creatures and so they may not always act in a logical manner. This creates opportunities for the igg trader.

Fun times ahead. :)

19. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The part of gold farming that causes rampant inflation is when the gold being farmed is generated out of nowhere (looted directly off a killed monster or from selling to NPCs).

Atm, I believe the gold sinks that are present are sinking millions of gold out of the game (Crafting mats alone sink a couple million out a day according tot he drover's road journal) but im not sure how much is being injected a day.

EDIT: Also im not gonna try to speak for everyone else but, as somone who stuck to making money in my region, the number 1 reason i dont buy materials from other players is because most vendors selling them are too expensive for me. I can go adventureing for half and hour and make about 2k (plus ssoem small ammoutns of ore, wood, etc that i cant sell to anyone) go to the one vendor i do buy stuff from often (sells potions and food at prices i can afford) to restock, then try to find a small stack of 20 silver ore to buy, and never find stacks smaller than 50 or 100. So i dont buy. cuz i dotn have 30,000 to spend on silver

The ONLY thign preventing me from trading with players is beign forced to trade large, grindy ammounts when all i need is a little bit. Thats 100% the ONLY thing stopping me from buyign and selling stuff often.

20. Nemesis2

Nemesis2 Avatar

sadly one of the problems with the crafting is it takes 1000's of ingots and peices etc to level your craft/enchanting to decent levels to even consider being able to sell/make decent gear. I know I am in the inbetween zone where I can handle 4skull but 5 skulls zones are very painful. Not to mention the retarded amount of spell regs needed to handle these zones, cost more than triple the amount needed, than is returned off the mobs/drops. Even just say mining in Elysium is dicey for me at times. I understand the need for risk vs reward but the economy will continue to tank until this problem is addressed.

Osiris3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.