Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The Story is done... Now what?

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by Trihugger, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Somewhat open ended here. What does everyone want to see added in the coming months as an activity to do that isn't just grinding? Dailies, Weeklies, etc?

I'd like to see some lore based quests, maybe in the form of dailies/weeklies, to go assault certain areas of the map. Possibly with some dynamic spawning boss creatures to encourage grouping up as well.

Granted I'd also love to see some work on the crafting front, but I'll just keep it realistic with the dailies/weeklies =P.

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

More sidequests. MOAR is MOAR better!

Tamsen, Sir_Michael, By Tor and 4 others like this.
  3. MoriensSeeker

MoriensSeeker Avatar

Zero interest in more grinding or any sort of repetitive activity for that matter. With the main quest finished I am done with the grind for Episode 1. Certainly more side quests. All those towns need to be uncloned -- a ripe opportunity for giving out more quests. And all those wilderness zones need to be uncloned -- a ripe opportunity to be the settings for some of those quests.

The Lord Marshall of Aerie and Lord Cochran play no part in the story, nor in any side quests at the moment. They aren't even in the game yet. It seems odd that the ruler of the city of Truth, and the ruler of Novia respectively aren't given some importance in the game.

There are certainly some gaps left in crafting (brewing, making all the items we are no longer supposed to steal that can be found nowhere else in the game, fleshing out fishing, etc.), but the latest recipe redistribution and materials grind doesn't make this too compelling.

Mainly, though, I am getting the bittersweet feeling of Game Over at this point. You have completed Shroud of the Avatar in xxx,xxx moves. Report thy feat to Lord British at California PacificSierra OnlineOrigin SystemsPortalarium!

4. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

Main quest bugfixes would be extremely nice. Since you only get once pass through them they better work!

5. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

Mob justice for wrongdoings! Flag folks for PVP when they steal rather than a auto-fine. ;)

Unclone Northwood! And other scenes. :)

Ship travel scenes like EverQuest had rather than the clickable map-teleportation we have now!

A version of the Gustball that house pets play with!

More monsters! Less bandits, elves, and wildlife!

Please no... the Daily Oracle Test already feels like too much. :(

Sir_Michael and Boris Mondragon like this.
  6. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Ship travel is scheduled for EP2, hopeful for Ship Battles as well. R/Boris/El Pirata

7. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

I prefer polish passes on dialogue over more Side-Quests.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Sir_Michael like this.
  8. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

All what you said above :)

What I like to see -in future- would be a great field of undead, hundreds of them, coming out of fog, and of course, a time we know this will happen. And then we Avatars make the biggest Party ever seen in time to save the hidden vale...

Think, we need a New Server to do this :)

Boris Mondragon and liz_the_wiz like this.
  9. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

[​IMG]

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Exactly what I was thinking.

Sir_Michael likes this.
  11. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Hey does anyone know if functionality has been added to allow for scenes to have different 'states' depending on the user?

There was talk of this a while back... e.g. if I have to 'collect a book' from a scene, if I return to that scene (even in multiplayer) I won't see that book there again.

Another example is the sick guard in ardoris, e.g. if you have healed him, then your version of the scene is different to others.

I'd be super happy if they have added this type of tech as this was one of my main issues with the quests.

@Lum the Mad?

Sir_Michael likes this.
  12. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

As it stands, "phasing" doesn't exist. The drawing book in the Epitaph by the slimes was still there and I completed that quest a long time ago. I 100% agree with you that this is an extremely important step for immersion.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Sir_Michael like this.
  13. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

It would make our steps unique. We would see content changes depending on our doing.
    Great - like in adventure games! At the moment we don't have this in the game.
    You can find a book again and again ...
    (But you also can slay enemies ... again and again ...)
    But: if a book was burned, it is burned ;)
    Well, we're living in a world of magic, may be we could handle this in another way ...

I think a lot of critics from players about meaningful story and questing is about this.

To have this, the game should work with how we've handeled situations (I think they will be flagged and saved), to show up with the consequences ...
    This would make the story more realistic, more unique.
    The beggar you gave more than one coin 2 months before could remember and helps with a hint for a quest.
    In the other way, he could give you a wrong information ;)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  14. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

Because I want you to both fully implement all three Companions for the Offline Mode for Episode 1 and polish your existing conversations with NPCs to include multiple conversation participants with all three Companions first before you add more Side-Quests to the game.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.