Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Is anyone else getting this?

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Jul 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Starting in R43, there are times when a mob I'm fighting will dodge every shot. This happens because the AI determines that I'm not supposed to be able to shoot the mob and my shots will all be dodged for some amount of time even if that situation is immediately corrected. I bugged this in R43 and now the devs just seem to be ignoring me.

Here's a video where I get on a rock which triggers leashing behavior in an elf fighter. I immediately get off the rock, the elf fighter turns around and engages me again but all my shots are dodged for a few seconds.

Earlier, I was fighting the troll in the Epitaph and if I step off of the dais, the troll leashes. I would step back on the platform and the troll would attack me again but all of my shots would be dodged for like 30 seconds!

2. MoriensSeeker

MoriensSeeker Avatar

Yes, this has been around for a few releases at least. I was never sure if this was intended behavior to punish the player or not, so I never reported it. SotA doesn't seem to like players doing anything but grinding it out with mobs, so I suspect it is.

3. Scrambler

Scrambler Developer Emeritus

Should be leashing all the way back, not turning to attack again. I'll look into this now. This is a solid repro step and I should be able to quickly figure out what's going on. Thanks.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The troll in Epitaph is super easy to repro this on and the effect lasts a long time.

Scrambler likes this.
  5. Scrambler

Scrambler Developer Emeritus

Quenton and Barugon like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.