It is dark in here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by psteg, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Personally, I think the light spell should increase in effectiveness the higher the level you go with it. I know a lot of people cap it at 20 just to unlock the next level, but this could be a reason to go higher.

Matt Harris and Hornpipe like this.
  2. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

When did this turn into a survival game? Why does this feature need to exist, to punish people that don't plan ahead/know about this mechanic the first time they screw up? What happens once they learn after the first or second time they encounter it. Nothing? They bring a light?

Cool, all the time you spent developing this nonsense ("feature") can be avoided with a light. Brilliant.

Budner and psteg like this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

I was inspired by your post to do a little research of my own. You were right - bronze isn't as bad as most people think it is.

source: http://myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.31591.html

[​IMG]

And here's a nice video to go with it.

Hornpipe and Peabo like this.
  4. Gramps

Gramps Avatar

I use my old Viet Nam era Starlite device that served me well in 1966. Here it is called Night Vision under Moon. GM'ed it in no time.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  5. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Exactly this ! It would make the spell more worthwhile and would greatly help those who want night time to be as near broad daylight as possible for whatever reason. Those of us who want night to = night to some extent or other could then leave the skill at a lower level or use a torch. @DarkStarr

Hornpipe likes this.
  6. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Its not a survival game but neither is it a "hand everything on a plate to the players" type of game either. Plenty of those out there already thanks.

Hornpipe likes this.
  7. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Its a funny old world, I played BDO when it first came out and one of its proclaimed features was that the nights were properly dark. Loads of people complained that they weren't dark enough.....

Hornpipe likes this.
  8. psteg

psteg Avatar

This seems to work out for me as well. I have night time but can still see without straining my tired old eyes. I set my PC at 86 and my laptop at 92. This did affect my other programs a little bit, so I do have to go in there and change it for other applications.
    Why did they even have to mess with this to begin with? During the time they wasted they could have fixed something important or added something new.
    And don't come back with realism. That is a very lame answer. Also whether it is dark or not, it has no bearing on balance, economy or anything else other than to annoy people.

EclipseMaiden and Aldo like this.
  9. psteg

psteg Avatar

Bronze has copper, nickle, tin and other components added to it to help in getting it tough. As far as a peasant getting a steel sword and beating a soldier with a Bronze sword is BS because the peasant is not trained in combat, the soldier is. The soldier would not even need a weapon to beat the peasant with a sword if he is properly trained.
    I work with may different types of steel, primarily Tool Steels. We never use copper due to it being weak and too pliable. We do use Bronze for wear surfaces as long as it is embedded into steel or Amco. Next to gold and silver, copper is one of the best for electrical conductors.

Hornpipe and Numa like this.
  10. neveser

neveser Avatar

I agree with this. I use the light spell all the time because of the black crush. It's like looking at a poorly mastered blu-ray where you cannot see details in shadows. In reviews for discs, this is something that is always pointed out as a flaw and deducts from the score of the disc.

Quenton likes this.
  11. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

So, we're not handing anything to a player on a plate by giving them a mechanic that can be circumvented with a cheap item or minimal time investment in training a certain skill. THAT'S HARD CORE BRO. THANKS!

Mechanics like this are the literal definition of handing something to someone on a plate. It's a less than one minute inconvenience.

12. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

I have 100 levels in the light spell. It's so dark that I can't see this plate your talking about.

FrostII likes this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Leveling the light spell only increases it's duration. It has no affect on the amount of illumination.

14. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

Same as the crap vision spell - only increases the duration. It really should do more than that though

15. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Erm...ok if you say so.

Hopefully the devs can come up with a solution for this and various things that keep at least most of the people happy for most of the time...I don't envy them in that task.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Funny, I think the Night Vision spell is one of the most useful.

Hornpipe likes this.
  17. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

I find it very difficult to see things when using the night vision, I currently have this skill at 96. At time I really hate the level of darkness in this game and I shouldn't have to turn up external display settings to be able to see a little better. The eye strain gives me huge migraine headaches. I cant see the resource nodes with night vision on and it really disappoints me that I need to use it so much. I would like to enjoy the scenery and colours but I cant... Needs to be fixed.

EclipseMaiden likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.