Tanning recipes

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by fogcutter, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fogcutter

fogcutter Avatar

Howdy,

Trying to find recipes for supple leather etc. Tried discovery a few times and never had any success. I was in Owl's Head but I can't seem to find what I need there even after hearing that "all recipes" can be found there. Any help on where I can find a vendor with tanning stuff?

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

owl's head. the building behind myra the greengrocer has three recipe merchants. (they don't have ALL recipes anymore, but still a good portion of them.)

Time Lord likes this.
  3. fogcutter

fogcutter Avatar

First place I tried. Ok...I'll have to continue my search....I fear this is more frustrating than it should be. By design I mean....

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Beli

Beli Avatar

Like Alley said , Harold sells the supple leather recipe

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Lot of people don't realize tanning recipes have been split out from these 3 vendors. If my memory serves me right the location I know of is in Ardoris sequana square the building right next to the tailor has the tanning recipes.

Solazur and Time Lord like this.
  6. Alley Oop

that vendor in ardoris has the trophy and taming recipes, but that's not what the op is looking for.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

The tailoring vendor in Ardoris, in Sequanna Square, should have the recipe for making Supple Leather. Afterwards, the armor recipes are the same as the normal ones, just use Supple Leather instead of Regular. Same with Hardened Leather... the armor recipes are exactly the same, just use a different leather type.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I'm pretty sure Fred the Tailor (in Owl's Head) has the tanning recipes also. He's in the building right around the corner to the left of the building with the other 3 recipe merchants. When you see the Trainer, go left. Will be the first door on your right.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And really I don't think 'all' recipes will be anywhere. Eventually the Devs say there will be regional recipes. Owlshead vendors have a variety but then I found chainmail recipes I needed in Harvest. So good luck and I am always happy to share what shareable recipes I can with others. I am Majoria in game. :)

Time Lord and Serena Strangelove like this.
  10. Toff

Toff Avatar

Is it just me or the Recipe vendors never in the shop behind Myra in Owls head?

11. Alley Oop

they removed them in r44. owl's head does still have a tailor, a carpenter, a smith, a deco merchant, an alchemist... all these should have basic recipes. more advanced ones are now drops.

12. Toff

Toff Avatar

Thanks Alley, I'm a day late and a dollar short as always lol

13. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Yeah I am discovering that alot of the recipes are on obscure merchants now. Alot of the furniture carpentry ones are now on Decoration Merchants. Also remember that they have stated that high end recipes may be loot drops. So that might be another reason you wont find it on a vendor. And if you think it makes sense that a tailor has the tanning....nah not always. Obvious conclusions are not the case in Sota. LOL. Frankly i am not surprised to find tanning recipes off the butcher. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.