Char movement.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sindala, Aug 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sindala

Sindala Avatar

Please for the love of God will you re-do the whole Char look?
    It's so wooden it's embarrassing....
    Take a look at Chronicle of Elyria char movement and cloak flowing mechanics, then look at the SotA version???
    For near on 8 Million and 5 years development, i expect a HELL of alot better basic char movement than what you're intending to put out and don't get me started about how you actually wear "wooden" cloaks.....

Seriously, is this it?? It will turn so many people off in the 1st day that all the glorious world building you have done will all be for nothing.
    A basic view for any MMO these days is, if the char looks like ****....then the game will be **** too.

If nothing is done, this will be the downfall of SotA.

Oh, another thing. Banning people from commenting on Facebook posts just because they offer constructive comments and not just Fanboi, before the game is released????? Wow....pathetically paranoid much?

Salix and Mototopo like this.
  2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Was the comment as constructive as this one?
    Beside that: welcome backer from 2013 with one post!
    Nice that you check back here to make constructive comments!

MrBlight and Mirjhaf Uth'Mathar like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh you sound just like me four years ago. I have shown examples of then and now. Believe me I would post again if I were home but I'm traveling. I could show you the progress of the characters. They said just before lunch that they would work on them. So anyway you can check on some threads I've written about the female characters and improving their looks. Well I agree that we need more variety and different looks, more hairstyles, and actually I don't mind how they look so far. I know they need work but they will fix them for us. So give feedback and examples. I'd enjoy seeing them on my trip.

4. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I agree. Our first contact with Novia is our avatar. As far as SotA is a third person game, avatar's movement animations, personalization and appearance should be a priority. A lot of work has already been done but there is still much to do.

That said, keep in mind that they are a small team and they are forced to go step by step with the development. You can be sure that the developers are not satisfied with the current state of the game and that things will continue to evolve.

When I read your message @Sindala , I would say that it is everything but constructive. Saying :
    ... is not constructive. It's your point of view and it shows that you want to influence Portalarium's priorities with your own in a bad way. As for Chronicles of Elyria, where can I download the playable game, please ? I tried to get into the demo but the only answer I got is this.

Stay patient. We are still in early access. There are a lot of bugs with cloaks, for exemple, even if their simulation works pretty well otherwise. Devs are aware of that : that's in the known issues list.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  5. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

I do agree they really need to sort out the character animations/customisations out sooner rather than later along with those annoying bugs such as cloaks passing through the wearers body when you bend down, rain falling inside houses (really ???) and being shot up in the air if you stand too close to a door when you open it. Surely these things fall into the "fundamental" things to sort quickly rather than "nice to haves" . Landscape polishing looks to be going really well but what about the Avatars themselves ? @DarkStarr

Jens_T likes this.
  6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

LOL. Like i would care. You really think i...that's so lol. Made my day. Threatening people on the interwebz with reposts on another forum.
    Ah, had a good laugh, really.

I never said it isn't. Or did i?

What people like you and the op are forgetting is: rage posts are easy to ignore. And pretending to be constructive by doing a rage post is even more lol.

What is there left so say? Either be constructive or let it go.

Elirion likes this.
  7. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

If you look back to 2013 Demo Videos it hasn't changed much. The one shouldered Cloak looked way better then stuff we have now, animation was simple but it didnt slide through your legs. Movement animations are quite the same, they just changed the feet on bevel ground. The Faces look all the same. More Hair style was promised since beginning. Mostly Beard color does not match with hair. But what i personal dont like is the armor connection on the skin, so heavy plate is flexible like silk. I dont know how other games handle it, but this is the first time it stresses me out

8. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

You are a member since 2013, and it took you this long to notice what everyone else already knows (including the DEVs)? :p

9. Sindala

Sindala Avatar

When i choose to post is my own business.
    I've logged in now and then since 2013 to see how the game is coming along and frankly No, i haven't seen any improvement in Char animation....still looks like puppets on strings.
    They are now hinting at release dates (though they keep changing)
    My guess is that once they have exhausted every means of "crowd funding" they will just release the game to get more cash.
    As for "small team"?? lol, there are games with a lot less people working on them that are far better on the basics like char movement and equipment looks....you know, the stuff you have no choice but to watch every second your in-game.
    They are panning this game as a AAA sandbox, the money they have had considerable, the result is a complex and rich game.....All of which means NOTHING if the chars look like ****.

Would you imagine playing Elder Scrolls Online if your char looks like they do here?
    What good are gorgeous backgrounds and environments if the chars look like something off Thunderbirds (other puppet shows are available as examples)

I've not jumped in fully playing the game as i didn't want to ruin the Launch experience for myself, a game which for all intents and purposes is UO2 gives me chills of anticipation but if this is what i was greeted by in the first day of playing....
    let's just say i have enough coffee coasters already.

10. Sindala

Sindala Avatar

11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Tabula Rasa was a good game. It was shut down for a lot of different reasons.
    No, it doesn't worry me too much to be honst. I got an degree in economics and i can read the SI documents.

I understand your question and it is valid. But it is not up to me to answer it.
    Though i would be careful with the source you linked.

I will leave the list of the authors articles here for everybody to make up his or her own opinion.
    http://leosigh.com/author/pahonyothin28/

13. Elirion

Elirion Avatar

ooh, do what he says or he's gonna tell on you. BTW, what are you planning on encasing them in?

14. Elirion

Elirion Avatar

That link is filled with incorrect information. The SeedInvest Campaign is not for development money. A small bit of research on your part would show this. The fact that they are operating on $500k cash does not mean that is all of the money they have nor does it mean they have spent the rest of the money they raised. You really should do some research before believing obviously biased or just plain ignorant sources.

Hornpipe likes this.
  15. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

She/he don't care about telling the truth. I sincerely believed it was an intent to speak about the game here and I answered accordingly. But since he/she used the same prebuilt argument which are shared about Portalarium's financial state by the few 10/20 persons posting on reddit, I'm not so sure. Looks like one of the many alternate accounts those guys/girls keep in reserve.

Elirion likes this.
  16. Sindala

Sindala Avatar

I didn't re-write the article out on my post because you can go read it yourself.
    I know what seed invest is and to be honest, anybody stupid enough to invest in ownership of a company solely reliant on 1 game that has not even launched yet, needs their heads felt....and probably cannot read anyway.

Anyway, i'm not going to argue with people who are clearly Seed Investors. :p

17. Elirion

Elirion Avatar

Lol, you keep spreading that link around. It makes you look real smart. /sarcasm

Why would you cite an article that clearly states the SeedInvest campaign is for development costs if you know that it isn't?

18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

I am glad that there are a lot of people out there that don't think that way.
    We would have a lot less start ups in every sector if people would think like that.
    Investing is always a risk. Either you are willing to riks your money or you aren't.
    But telling investors they need "their heads felt" .... i don't know *shrugs* it's missing a lot of common sense.

amarious, Elirion and Hornpipe like this.
  19. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Thank you for your appreciation. It warms my heart to hear those words from a person who is able to make his/her own topic derailing. Because it's clear now that the goal here has never been to give constructive feedback on the game.

20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Re: Wooden Cloaks.

Sindala, do you have the Cloth Simulation option enabled under Options => Video:

[​IMG]

Elirion and Hornpipe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.