Frustration level : tad high

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fogcutter, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nataurz

Nataurz Avatar

Shafted lol, great archery pun there to go with looking for recipe Rock Maple Long Bowstave from the original poster.

Aldo likes this.
  2. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

I'd love to be able to get hints for recipes from vendors to save a lot of time running around Novia for a recipe which may not exist as anything but a drop

Nikko likes this.
  3. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I'm hoarding mine for now, I'll wait and see what the supply is like - I don't mind giving recipes away to guildies and other in need players but I want to know how much effort (or how much cost) it'll be to re-supply.

I went and bought many of the ones I'd already discovered so I could have the teachable versions to help out other players.

Aldo likes this.
  4. null2

null2 Avatar

Rock maple is a worthless bow form. You get 5% crit damage from it. You get 5% damage for regular maple so might as well just use that, it is better in all cases.

Chatele and Aldo like this.
  5. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

It's an unfair statement to say that all of the backers have the recipes. I am a backer that started playing soon after persistence and I only have recipes that suited my needs. I have less than 10 weapon or armor recipes for things not related to my build, mage wearing cloth. If I ever become interested in crafting leather/metal arms and armor I will be in the same boat as a new person.

Alley Oop likes this.
  6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

+1

When all skills were discoverable, you still had to be a certain crafting level to learn it and you would have to farm for all the mats ahead of time. Very few if any players did that. Very likely nobody went for everything, just maybe a tree or two. The only big difference is the amount of time it takes to level crafting as well as every skill now is more than double what it was when persistence started. Can't blame the game for adjusting the knobs when it is too easy or too hard.

7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You have to get them to drop first, before you can put them on your vendors. And a 2-handed mace head recipe is going to be just as likely to drop as something more popular to craft.
    Not a bad idea.

8. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Prior to this **** the main perk to having discovered all those recipes was the huge experience chunk you got for doing so. You could actually *gasp* GAIN experience while crafting!

I know, I know, crazy talk right?

Lace and Nikko like this.
  9. fogcutter

fogcutter Avatar

I'm somewhat gladdened to see that I'm not alone in my frustration. So to add a little more whine before I go....now what the hells am I going to do with all of the Rock Maple timber I just made?? lol...I know I know....just make something else and sell it...
    From the chart I was looking at the Rock Maple bow stave was the only one that gave a + to critical damage....it was the combo I was looking forward to experimenting with but alas....I'll try something else.

10. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Right... make these quests or something. There NEEDS to be some guidance on this. It can't simply be a chance thing when fighting in an unknown place. I mean, if you really need one particular recipe, how will you know where to fight? What to fight?

The game needs to help at least a little. The vendor could simply say something like, "I hear that the Kobolds in XXXXX scene have been honing their ability to create these staves. Perhaps you could find some there. Good luck, Avatar!" <---- then the loot tables of that scene could just have a higher chance of dropping this and other related recipes. How cool would that be? You get some guidance, you know you'll have a better chance of finding them there, and you'll feel like you're doing something meaningful, while possibly even seeing some new scenes that you have not tried out before.

It would add some much desired flavor to the game, and take care of a crucial player need at the same time.

11. fogcutter

fogcutter Avatar

+1

twofoldsilence likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.